Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2010, 01:27 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,094,822 times

Advertisements

The only thing that will come from this outrage is more hatred of leftist and muslims. Good job!

Old 08-15-2010, 02:38 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,465,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevar242 View Post
So very funny and yet sad to reas all the posts ade on this subject.
The Muslims murdered 3000 innocent civilians, now they want to build a temple to honor that day and some of you want to honor them.
What a joke on every True American
What makes you think they build "a temple" to honor 9/11?

Old 08-15-2010, 02:40 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,390,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
It would be constitutional, but since when does the federal government stay within constitutional bounds? And are you referring to the Bible Belt, perhaps? Remember, they have a constitutional right to exist, in case you have forgotten. Perhaps you are wishing them away?.........
OK, now you lost me!

Old 08-15-2010, 02:49 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,465,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post

For Islam to rule the world would require the subjucation of the U.S... surrendering the U.S. Constitution... to Islam.
That's BS. Just google a bit and see what motives were behind 9/11. Bin Laden and the other terrorists couldn't care less about the US if the US wasn't involved in the Middle East.
Or are you one of the naive people that believed Bush when he said "They hate us for our freedom?"
This is about politics, this is about the Middle East, this is about US support for Israel.
The solution is easy: Get your ass out of the Middle East!!!

Old 08-15-2010, 03:17 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,041,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
You know, there are so much bigger issues going on right now than this. Why are we concerning ourselves with something that is protected under the 1st Amendment anyway??
Because it's a "feelings" issue and once again, this President reacts badly to the feelings of the majority of Americans and in this case, New Yorkers. Like he felt compelled to comment on the Professor/Cop thing that was none of his business, he feels compelled to weigh in on this issue that's none of his business. He can't help himself. He's not Big Brother, he's Big Daddy. All he had to say is that it's an issue best settled in New York just like the best response to the cop/professor thing should have been, it's an issue best settled in Massachusetts. Why he has to give his two cents on everything is beyond me and now he's got the Democrats running for re-election all off message having to react to an unpopular response from the President...not that I care about that, just pointing out that he doesn't consider their feelings, either.

Old 08-15-2010, 04:18 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,390,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Because it's a "feelings" issue and once again, this President reacts badly to the feelings of the majority of Americans and in this case, New Yorkers. Like he felt compelled to comment on the Professor/Cop thing that was none of his business, he feels compelled to weigh in on this issue that's none of his business. He can't help himself. He's not Big Brother, he's Big Daddy. All he had to say is that it's an issue best settled in New York just like the best response to the cop/professor thing should have been, it's an issue best settled in Massachusetts. Why he has to give his two cents on everything is beyond me and now he's got the Democrats running for re-election all off message having to react to an unpopular response from the President...not that I care about that, just pointing out that he doesn't consider their feelings, either.
I don't really agree. Obama is the president. People expect him to have and express opinions on issues of national interest. The Cambridge Police vs the Professor incident had national implications, since it involved Police/Minority relations. The planned mosque near Ground Zero also resonates across the country. I think Obama is perfectly right to speak about these issues.

You or I may not like what Obama has to say, but, if he dodged these issues just because they are controversial, then he'd be liable to being called a coward.

Old 08-15-2010, 04:50 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,868,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
I don't really agree. Obama is the president. People expect him to have and express opinions on issues of national interest. The Cambridge Police vs the Professor incident had national implications, since it involved Police/Minority relations. The planned mosque near Ground Zero also resonates across the country. I think Obama is perfectly right to speak about these issues.

You or I may not like what Obama has to say, but, if he dodged these issues just because they are controversial, then he'd be liable to being called a coward.
I agree and believe the President may question the wisdom of building Mosque there, but he is not questioning their right to do so. It may be "popular" to condemn or revile a certain Religion or Race, but that is not what this Country stands for.

Old 08-15-2010, 07:50 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,971,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
What makes you think they build "a temple" to honor 9/11?
What other possible function could it have, 200 feet from ground zero?

Did you listen to the Canadian muslim in the video I posted?

Of course the muslim terrorists will celebrate such a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
It may be "popular" to condemn or revile a certain Religion or Race, but that is not what this Country stands for.
Who's condemning? It may be "popular" to the Left to show how tolerant they are by having a mosque erected where muslim terrorists brought down the towers, but that's just more PC BS.

Who should be respected more? Those that were murdered that day and the loved ones they left behind or muslims who would like to place a symbol of victory for radical muslim extremists of what happened that day.

Old 08-15-2010, 07:53 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,755,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post

Exactly!

Old 08-15-2010, 07:57 AM

88,625 posts, read 84,895,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
The only thing that will come from this outrage is more hatred of leftist and muslims. Good job!
Considering that the terrorists' excuse for their actions is that America is out to make war on Islam, I think the bigots on these threads will only help solidify that perception.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies