Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is Obama's religion?
Christian 59 49.17%
Muslim 34 28.33%
Other 9 7.50%
Don't know 18 15.00%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 09:52 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I really don't give a damn about Islam and their rules. You're saying that Americans with Islamic backgrounds are unable to choose their religion. It's preposterous.
Okay Iman AnUnidentifiedMale, apparently you are making new rules for Islam. The original Islamic clerics would have said no - Muslims are not allowed to pick and choose and try out whatever religion they choose.

Now get out and preach it to the Muslims - I'm not against your new Islamic rules at all - I think they're much better than the real ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 09:53 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,887,755 times
Quote:
I really don't give a damn about Islam and their rules. You're saying that Americans with Islamic backgrounds are unable to choose their religion. It's preposterous.
Little Muslim American girls are dying horrific deaths. Don't you read the news?

H O N O R K I L L I N G S

Old 08-19-2010, 09:53 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Let me tell you what highlights ignorance and stupidity: Liberals who champion homosexuality, abortion, feminism, premarital sexuality, atheism, alcohol/drugs, and any variety of "free living" who simultaneously defend (valiantly, I might add) a religion that dictates they die or be severely punished for practicing homosexuality, abortion, feminism, premarital sexuality, atheism, alcohol/drugs, and any variety of "free living."

Really, I'm starting to think old Ann was right: Liberalism is a mental illness.
And what does any of that have to do with 1 in 5 Americans incorrectly believing that Obama is a Muslim?

Old 08-19-2010, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's hilarious really. In order for the Muslims to be in the USA rolling in the American money they lust after, they must snuggle up with the pro-homosexual, pro-abortion, pro-anything goes liberals.

Now the Muslims even have their first Miss Muslim USA who strips and pole dances. And they get to have the liberals in the USA insist for them that Muslims are free to convert and try out other religions as they choose.

I hope you liberals actually do succeed in destroying Islam. Redefine it all you please - I prefer the liberals' definitions of it a whole lot more than the Muslims' definitions.
Can't rep you anymore . . .

Old 08-19-2010, 09:55 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Let me tell you what highlights ignorance and stupidity: Liberals who champion homosexuality, abortion, feminism, premarital sexuality, atheism, alcohol/drugs, and any variety of "free living" who simultaneously defend (valiantly, I might add) a religion that dictates they die or be severely punished for practicing homosexuality, abortion, feminism, premarital sexuality, atheism, alcohol/drugs, and any variety of "free living."

Really, I'm starting to think old Ann was right: Liberalism is a mental illness.
That's why the new bedfellows - the liberals and Muslims are so hilarious. They love each other because they both despise Christians and Jews.

I guess it's that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" mentality they both have going.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Little Muslim American girls are dying horrific deaths. Don't you read the news?

H O N O R K I L L I N G S
What does that have to do with Obama's religious affiliation? (or anything else I said)

Old 08-19-2010, 09:59 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
His father was a muslim. His step-father was a muslim. Most of his relatives are muslim. He attended a muslim grade school. He always sides with muslims. He hates Israel. He stated that the muslim evening call to prayer is the most beautiful sound on earth, and he can state it perfectly.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:02 PM

Quote:
What does that have to do with Obama's religious affiliation? (or anything else I said)
Oh for pete's sake, do I have to connect all the dots for you?

You stated that it was preposterous to say that Muslims in America cannot change religions. Supposedly we have this freedom thing going on here. We know that there have been numerous instances of Muslim girls trying to leave Islam, either to convert to Christianity, or to go with a non Muslim boy, and they have been murdered. Obama enjoys a lot of personal security, but it would not at all surprise me if a devout Muslim tried to pop him off for being an apostate.

You do not seem to understand Islamic culture. The mere fact of being in America does not remove its fangs.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Oh for pete's sake, do I have to connect all the dots for you?

You stated that it was preposterous to say that Muslims in America cannot change religions. Supposedly we have this freedom thing going on here. We know that there have been numerous instances of Muslim girls trying to leave Islam, either to convert to Christianity, or to go with a non Muslim boy, and they have been murdered. Obama enjoys a lot of personal security, but it would not at all surprise me if a devout Muslim tried to pop him off for being an apostate.

You do not seem to understand Islamic culture. The mere fact of being in America does not remove its fangs.
What I do understand is that Americans have a right to choose their religion. Obama is an American. If he attends a Christian church and says he's a Christian, then I think it's ridiculous to insist that he's a Muslim.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
And what does any of that have to do with 1 in 5 Americans incorrectly believing that Obama is a Muslim?
Oh, nothing, I suppose. You just got me thinking about ignorance and stupidity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies