Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2010, 01:00 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Hyperbole much?
summers73 law: all conversations involving non-progressives eventually end with the keyword (lily) "white" or "fat".
"non-progressives"; can't even call yourselves what you are: REACTIONARIES.

That was an anemic description. You've seen yourselves in video.

Quote:
Not that many teabaggers in congress outside of Barney Frank. Larry Craig was in the senate.
You're obsessed with Barney Frank -- just call him already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 01:02 PM

3,457 posts, read 4,653,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Um, yeah, I'd like more. People arrested under the Patriot Act -- you're willing to die for that?

Which of the Teabagger candidates has proposed dismantling the Patriot Act, btw?
Which liberal was it that re-signed the Patriot Act? Barack Obama
Which liberal was it that sought to have broader powers to spy on American Internet usage? Barack Obama
Which liberal was it that broadened the governments legal arguments with regards to agency eavesdropping? Barack Obama

So I am not seeing much in the way of liberals trying to dismantle the Patriot Act, in fact, they are making it more bullet proof but I guess in Liberal La-La Land, if a left winger does it, it is OK, but if a right winger does it, EVIL!!

Old 09-02-2010, 01:06 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
Quote:
"non-progressives"; can't even call yourselves what you are: REACTIONARIES.
Constitutional moderates is more like it. Further right you have your anarchists. I'm not one of those.

Quote:
That was an anemic description. You've seen yourselves in video.
LOL.

Quote:
You're obsessed with Barney Frank -- just call him already.
You asked about teabaggers sweetie. You let me know if there are other teabaggers in congress, mmm-kay?

Old 09-02-2010, 01:09 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Which liberal was it that re-signed the Patriot Act? Barack Obama
Which liberal was it that sought to have broader powers to spy on American Internet usage? Barack Obama
Which liberal was it that broadened the governments legal arguments with regards to agency eavesdropping? Barack Obama

So I am not seeing much in the way of liberals trying to dismantle the Patriot Act, in fact, they are making it more bullet proof but I guess in Liberal La-La Land, if a left winger does it, it is OK, but if a right winger does it, EVIL!!
^^^Thank you.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Send in the clows View Post
What are you talking about?
she asked about what teabaggers are in congress. As far as I recall, Barney Frank is the only teabagger in congress.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:14 PM

13,650 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Quote:
There was still fighting after Castro took power. Gen. Sherman killed many confederate men after he "took power" of a fort, town, or area. The French Revoutionaries killed many after they took power. Reign of Terror was after the revolution. Are they murderers?

Isn't that the same manner Che was killed? Aren't his murderers guilty of the same thing?

100% agree, I don't see what relevance this plays as to the argument that he was a murderer. Murder is murder, doesn't matter what type of government comes afterwards.
Excuse me. You asked a question and I graciously answered it. It was not an invitation for you to change the parameters, introduce inane comparisons, change the subject, make two wrongs a right, or spout phony examples of moral equivalence.

Those executed without due process were not fighting. They were disarmed and sitting in jail cells until they were blindfolded and shot.

If you want to tout fascism, that is your business. If you believe in bloodthirsty acts like those described, that is also your business. But cease with the games and dishonesty and just come out and admit it.

Now buzz off.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:15 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,556,038 times
Quote:
Constitutional moderates is more like it. Further right you have your anarchists. I'm not one of those.

LOL.

You asked about teabaggers sweetie. You let me know if there are other teabaggers in congress, mmm-kay?

You seem obsessed with this act, and seem to think only gay people can perfom it. You're a closet case, huh?

Oh, I believe heteros can also perform that act.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:15 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Um, yeah, I'd like more. People arrested under the Patriot Act -- you're willing to die for that?

Which of the Teabagger candidates has proposed dismantling the Patriot Act, btw?
Couldn't speak to Teabagger candidates. Are they in San Fransisco?

As for a Tea Party candidate against the Patriot Act = Rand Paul.

But that hardly has anything to do with your support of Che' and his bloody revolution does it?

Old 09-02-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mappy View Post
You seem obsessed with this act, and seem to think only gay people can perfom it. You're a closet case, huh?

Oh, I believe heteros can also perform that act.
Yawn...

I answered the question. Delu asked about teabaggers, I am simply saying that I do not know other teabaggers outside of Barney Frank.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:18 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I don't know anyone who LIKES Che Guevara. Or anyone who knew him. Some people might respond positively to something about him, an idea, a quote, his sense of style, whatever. That's OK, everyone (yes, even the most evil Hitler) has left something behind that people find positive. Nobody is pure good/evil, but it usually seems that way from a historical POV. Mostly it's this though:

Quote:
Much of Che's popularity has nothing to do with his politics. Many people who wear his t shirt are completely non political. Che represents rebelliousness and non conformity, and for many young people, this is very alluring. Same reason many people have James Dean posters, yet have never seen any of his films. It's not really about him, but what he symbolizes to young people.
Arguing his politics with someone with a Che sticker on their backpack is pointless. It's not a lack of education itself, but it's something time and distance and apathy creates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies