Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 06:53 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,950,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I'm not a parasitic idiot in denial of what mankind has devestated on this planet. To start with my demise would not make a dent. It's the ecologically irresponsible and in denial morons that need to go first. That's right, Treehuggers get to go last.

And I am sure the Treehuggers will see to that, even if they have to storm buildings and take people hostage!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2010, 02:34 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
sickofnyc, I know that you are one of those libs who would be liable to support the Agenda 21 program of the UN but surely you don't think they will be asking who is and who is not a lib in determining who has to die and who gets racked and stacked. If you don't understand what I am saying try googling Agenda 21 and you may learn lots of things you don't want to know.

Old 09-03-2010, 02:41 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
sickofnyc, I know that you are one of those libs who would be liable to support the Agenda 21 program of the UN but surely you don't think they will be asking who is and who is not a lib in determining who has to die and who gets racked and stacked. If you don't understand what I am saying try googling Agenda 21 and you may learn lots of things you don't want to know.
Don't tell me, you heard this from Glenn "Holy Roller" Beck.

Actually there was a thread on this a week or so ago and I already commented on it. Funny, but everything becomes a conspiracy theory with the right these days. Think that it could have anythhing to do with paranoia and the silly season before elections?

Wasn't there a candidate in Colorado claiming that shared bike commuting program was part of this insidious plot? Really now.

Old 09-03-2010, 02:49 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
And I am sure the Treehuggers will see to that, even if they have to storm buildings and take people hostage!
Nah, I say just use them for compost

Old 09-03-2010, 02:52 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I want someone to tell me what this event of extinction is and how man has caused all of it. I read that damned thing twice and failed to see one mention of what the event is. I think I know but it would be nice to know for sure.

Now the people down at the EPA have threatened to tax farmers for cow farts so maybe they are partially to blame along with those huge African elephants and their belching and farting. How about horse farts?

What is the event?
It's been proven that mad cow farts disperse prions into the upper atmosphere, which, when then fried by HAARP, create a proteinaceous inter-dimensional stupidity network unifying the multiverse.

There seems to be no escape route at this time.

Old 09-03-2010, 03:31 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,695,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
In a period of more than a half-billion years, only three such extinction events appear to have been as devastating as the present one, which is being caused by humans.

"We're 100 percent responsible for it."

Earth's animals face grim future - Technology & science - Science - DiscoveryNews.com - msnbc.com
You mean we ate all of the Dinosaurs?
If we hadn't they might have eaten us

Old 09-03-2010, 06:33 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Doomsaying is an old, and profitable business. Every religious tome predicts the end of mankind. The Mayans gave us 2012. Scientists are just the new breed of purveyors peddling Al Gore's (very profitable) musings, while population doomsayers flog their apocalyptic visions of humanity collapsing.

Catastrophists warned that initial nuclear testing would ignite the atmosphere and extinguish all life. They also later predicted the Large Hadron Collider in Geneva would have unanticipated consequences ranging all the way to creating a black hole that would consume the earth.

Scientists are just the new prophets, and prophets are often wrong. And what is utterly despicable is when self-serving politicos like Al Gore tap into a populations fears and use it to manipulate them, while supporting a very nice lifestyle for himself.
Nuclear catastophies, global warming, religious dogma aside...........there is a finite amount of natural resources available on this earth...........there is a limit to the amount of life this planet can sustain.

As long as mankind embraces the concept that we are "special" and are entitled, even mandated by "God", to procreate without restraint.........we are doomed.

We are striving to prolong lifespans into the 100 yr. plus range, we are conceiving babies in petri dishes, we have societies that won't use birth control..........just what do you think is going to be the end result?

Mankind needs to control population growth and manage and replenish natural resources.............I don't see this happening.

We are going to "go forth and multiply".........and multiply and multiply........until we drive ourselves into extinction.

Do the math.

Old 09-03-2010, 07:10 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shroombeanie View Post
Yea. If that helps you sleep at night.

National Geographic: Eye in the Sky--Human Impact

National Geographic: Eye in the Sky--Floods and Dams

National Geographic: Eye in the Sky--ozone, pollution

National Geographic: Eye in the Sky--Deforestation

National Geographic: Eye in the Sky--Overpopulation

The last link is most interesting with all the natural disasters of late.

And furthermore; (link below)

1.3 Many animal and plant populations have declined in numbers, geographical spread, or both. For instance, a quarter of mammal species are currently threatened by extinction. Human activity has caused between 50 and 1000 times more extinctions in the last 100 years than would have happened due to natural processes. Increasingly, the same species are found at different locations on the planet and the overall biodiversity is decreasing, because some rare species are lost and common ones spread to new areas. Overall, the range of genetic differences within species has declined, particularly for crops and livestock. More...

Scientific Facts on Ecosystem Change

Sleep well. Doesn't seem to me we've been very good stewards of this Planet.
yeah, because national geographic is such a neutral source. what they forget to tell you is that even when man was around ten thousand years ago, the dire wolf and the sabre tooth tiger hunted themselves into extinction because they could not adapt to the environment. man had nothing to do with it. the wolley mammoth went extinct again because it couldnt adapt to its environment, again man had nothing to do with it even though man was around at the time.

and i agree we have not been the best stewards of the environment, but we are getting better. many species that were going extinct have been brought back from the brink by man. many others have healthy populations because of man, for instance deer populations are healthy in most areas because of mans attitude on wildlife management. the grey wolf has been reintroduced in the western states by man, the california condor has been taken off the endangered species list last time i knew because of mans efforts. peregrine falcon populations are on the rise, as are eagle populations. there are many other species that are also being saved by man. but as i said we are not perfect.

we are working on alternative energies, we are reducing emissions outputs in most areas, we are constantly replanting forests that are cut for wood based products. we are working hard to keep national forests healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Nuclear catastophies, global warming, religious dogma aside...........there is a finite amount of natural resources available on this earth...........there is a limit to the amount of life this planet can sustain.

As long as mankind embraces the concept that we are "special" and are entitled, even mandated by "God", to procreate without restraint.........we are doomed.

We are striving to prolong lifespans into the 100 yr. plus range, we are conceiving babies in petri dishes, we have societies that won't use birth control..........just what do you think is going to be the end result?

Mankind needs to control population growth and manage and replenish natural resources.............I don't see this happening.

We are going to "go forth and multiply".........and multiply and multiply........until we drive ourselves into extinction.

Do the math.

Old 09-05-2010, 08:25 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,950,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Nah, I say just use them for compost
Advocating killing people because they don't accept? True colors be shown.

Old 09-05-2010, 08:44 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

Do the math.
And yet it's liberals who want to bring in countless numbers of foreign people to the USA and give them food stamps to keep them breeding when their own countries run out of resources for them.

The population of the USA would be stable and we could preserve our wilderness areas and national parks but it's the liberals who want unlimited immigration by those very people doing the most out-of-control breeding which is what drives them to come here. Liberals make no sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies