Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 04:43 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
???
Did you conveniently fail to notice the "wink" smiley that I added to my post or did you just want to come off as stupidly incredulous and indignant?

I'll assume the latter.
Oh, so if I say you are an idiot who should be exterminated because civilized society allowed your ilk to escape natural selection and put a wink on the end, it makes it ok?

Oh, ok... Wow... what an idiot!

huck huck, its all good now right? Or should I expect a mods response soon?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2010, 05:39 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
As a rural dweller, I don't find much respect in any concrete jungle, and the shopping malls are as bad. Acers of habitat lost in the malls and the parking lots covered in oil, so 'we' can buy products made of oil. Like soap, make up, almost ALL plastics, oil base fabrics like polyester, synthetic rope to threads, and a lot more.

Now i don't go to malls but for maybe once a year if that, but last time I was they had AC on and or they had heat on.

Why there is tawk to get rid of wood stoves around here at times, as i hear it to ban them. Good luck with that.

It takes FIRE to make most everything we have and to get that fire most of the time it takes OIL.

There is 3 places we can get oil, dino out of the ground, syn/veggie we grow, and last animal fats.

I will think about when the cities all black out, but till then, I plan to do what I do anyway.
I heard that in Las Vegas, wood fireplaces can't be used.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:04 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
In a period of more than a half-billion years, only three such extinction events appear to have been as devastating as the present one, which is being caused by humans.

"We're 100 percent responsible for it."

Earth's animals face grim future - Technology & science - Science - DiscoveryNews.com - msnbc.com
you write as if extinction was an indisputable fact. It is far from it there are scientist on both sides. stop drinking the kool aid

Old 09-06-2010, 09:32 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Not to sure how cold it gets in Vegas. I passed thru the area, but avoided the city in Oct 05 and it was in the high 90's then. Back home in NH had I been there it would have been damp and raw, no more foliage with dull gray winter skies. There isn't a great deal of wood for fuel in that area either so far as I can tell. I went to the Grand Canyon and saw what there is for trees there. I even have a sample of that pine now. There was a curly peice of pine in the fire wood at 'Hermit's Lodge' and I asked for a smaller piece for a sovienier. Some day I plan to use it as scale grips on a hand made knife. Normally I wouldn't use pine for a grips on a knife, but I won't be selling this one, when I have it made.

Also in the Vegas area, atleast in Oct of the year it is real windy, so I wouldn't know why fire for heat would be banned in the first place. At the time the wind was a problem for riding motorcycles to a point. The wind remained a problem untill I was east of the central Texas area too.

Old 09-06-2010, 09:44 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Vega's design temperature for HVAC design for the winter is 30°F. What that means is 99% of the time, during the winter period, it will be at 30°F or higher...

Old 09-06-2010, 10:28 AM

+30F is hardly cold enough to need full time heat. I wonder for about how many days that ends up as?

Old 09-06-2010, 10:43 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Oh, so if I say you are an idiot who should be exterminated because civilized society allowed your ilk to escape natural selection and put a wink on the end, it makes it ok?

Oh, ok... Wow... what an idiot!

huck huck, its all good now right? Or should I expect a mods response soon?
Why don't you go get a MOD first knuckledragger. You obviously have no sense of humor and must be a real life of the party.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:34 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
+30F is hardly cold enough to need full time heat. I wonder for about how many days that ends up as?
Approximately 2/5ths of the year would be considered heating days.

Old 09-06-2010, 12:02 PM

That seems high to me, but I only passed thru. In NH from early Nov thru march isd heating days here, Sometimes well into April, and even May. I recall a snow storm in May where over 24 inches of the white stuff buried us big time.

At +15 sometimes we open windows and doors to get an air exhange here. Maybe it's just me, but i don't worry much about the cold, untill it gets to be +10 and colder. At +10 water pipes are under threat some.

Old 09-06-2010, 05:06 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Why don't you go get a MOD first knuckledragger. You obviously have no sense of humor and must be a real life of the party.
Because I am not offended by the belligerent bravado of eco-nuts who make claims of good, but are only thugs who demand subservience to their view and would see violence and destruction to all that oppose them.

So do you dream about killing those who do not worship your ideal? Is your self esteem so low that the the thought of others not agreeing with you makes you angry and violent?

Should we expect you and your kind to form an army storming and laying waste to all the dirty humans of the world to save your precious planet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies