Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 05:20 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Because I am not offended by the belligerent bravado of eco-nuts who make claims of good, but are only thugs who demand subservience to their view and would see violence and destruction to all that oppose them.

So do you dream about killing those who do not worship your ideal? Is your self esteem so low that the the thought of others not agreeing with you makes you angry and violent?

Should we expect you and your kind to form an army storming and laying waste to all the dirty humans of the world to save your precious planet?
I'm violent? Your post reads like page out of a psychotic's diary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 09:45 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I'm violent? Your post reads like page out of a psychotic's diary.
Are you in denial maybe?

I am not the one that suggested people be ground up into plant food for disagreeing with my position. That one is all on you.

Though you try to push it off as just joking, we know the truth of the position.

Most eco-nuts I have known in real life talk a big game about compassion, about caring, etc...

but when they are pushed to their limits and realize they can not swindle people into their agenda, they get nasty, hateful... and yes... violent.

I watched one start swinging at my friend because they couldn't defend their weak argument.

Its conform to their view, or as you said, grind them into compost.

People aren't fooled, this is just another movement as radical and hateful as the rest of its kind.

Its like Marx's compassionate solution of using gases to exterminate people to reduce population.

Such compassion shown while laying waste to people.

Complete garbage.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:55 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Yep humans are responisble for everything that has ever happened and everything that ever will happen. We need to start reducing the population, let's start with the Liberals and Progressives.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:07 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Yep humans are responisble for everything that has ever happened and everything that ever will happen. We need to start reducing the population, let's start with the Liberals and Progressives.
they are the ones that create the most hot air.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Why would it make sense to eliminate the groups that represent most of the dreaded "Treehuggers"? Not too much logic in that, but then again I didn't expect much. It's not for no reason that the Liberal or Progressive cities always come out on the top of surveys which site the "Greenest Cities". That's a fact.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:22 AM

646 posts, read 393,936 times
they come out on top in a lot of other categories too. like most cars that can't reach 12mph. when will liberals learn that it takes more than wind to power a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Why would it make sense to eliminate the groups that represent most of the dreaded "Treehuggers"? Not too much logic in that, but then again I didn't expect much. It's not for no reason that the Liberal or Progressive cities always come out on the top of surveys which site the "Greenest Cities". That's a fact.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:23 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Nuclear catastophies, global warming, religious dogma aside...........there is a finite amount of natural resources available on this earth...........there is a limit to the amount of life this planet can sustain.

As long as mankind embraces the concept that we are "special" and are entitled, even mandated by "God", to procreate without restraint.........we are doomed.

We are striving to prolong lifespans into the 100 yr. plus range, we are conceiving babies in petri dishes, we have societies that won't use birth control..........just what do you think is going to be the end result?

Mankind needs to control population growth and manage and replenish natural resources.............I don't see this happening.

We are going to "go forth and multiply".........and multiply and multiply........until we drive ourselves into extinction.

Do the math.
Very true. I can't believe there are still people in this day & age that don't think we have any impact on the earth & it's inhabitants! Is it arrogance,ignorance,or both?

Old 09-07-2010, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Are you in denial maybe?

I am not the one that suggested people be ground up into plant food for disagreeing with my position. That one is all on you.

Though you try to push it off as just joking, we know the truth of the position.

Most eco-nuts I have known in real life talk a big game about compassion, about caring, etc...

but when they are pushed to their limits and realize they can not swindle people into their agenda, they get nasty, hateful... and yes... violent.

I watched one start swinging at my friend because they couldn't defend their weak argument.

Its conform to their view, or as you said, grind them into compost.

People aren't fooled, this is just another movement as radical and hateful as the rest of its kind.

Its like Marx's compassionate solution of using gases to exterminate people to reduce population.

Such compassion shown while laying waste to people.

Complete garbage.
Against my better judgement, I'll once again and for the absolute last time, respond to your post.

I find it perplexing that when I stated a fact that the planet would thrive and be healthier if humans did not inhabit it, I did not discriminate as to which group, be it religion, race, political bent or otherwise, should go extinct.

...and then I get this response...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm
ok, if you believe that the extinction of mankind will save the planet, then start with yourself.
//www.city-data.com/forum/15740193-post20.html

Please show me where you were defensive and critical of that post and deny me the right to call you a hypocrite with a chip on his shoulder. You cannot! I answered that specific post in kind and if you don't like it...too damned bad.

Now you can proceed with your maniacal, partisan and nonsensical rants to your heart's content, because quite honestly, I do not give a flip and have way more sensible posts to respond to. Have a great day.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 09-07-2010 at 10:42 AM..

Old 09-07-2010, 10:57 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
Very true. I can't believe there are still people in this day & age that don't think we have any impact on the earth & it's inhabitants! Is it arrogance,ignorance,or both?
i never said we dont have an impact, just that our impact is limited. the ecosystem is robust and self correcting. it takes time though, and as human being we tend to be impatient. however the last 10,000 years or so have been relatively stable compared to the most distant past, in fact 125,000 years ago the north pole was in fact ice free, and the global mean temperature was higher than it is today. then the ice age hit, the earths way of resetting the ecosystem, and temperatures plummeted by 15 degrees in ten years! when we came out of the ice age, temperatures soared by 15 degrees in ten years. a long time by human standards, but like flipping a light switch geologically.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:22 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
No one knows and no one would know what the earth was doing and or when if it were not for man. Maybe earth would be better off with out man, but there is man, and the fact remains so far we are top dawg.

It is ashamed that man has been around as long as he has, and what has improved the most is the stick and a to stone, but that's just the way man IS.

So long as all men have access to sticks and stones, so will I.

Some of my sticks and stones are just that, real sticks with some very sharp stones, while others are a bit more modern. I have made both the primitive and some of the modern by hand myself.

It didn't exactly take a rocket scientist to get that all figured out. Pre oil, man had it made as I see it, and oil has cheapened life, but it sure did make life faster and a hell of alot eaisier.

Somehow I don't see anyone going back to ALL of the old ways, like the time of the hunter gatherer, or even tall ships running on hemp.

On the other hand we should go back to a world that runs on hemp in part, and I ain't talkin' smoking that crap.

One thing you can do to help the world is burn hemp in bio-electric plants, because massive quantities can be grown and harvested 3 times a year.

Oil can be produced and no matter what man must have oil, if for nothing else to lubricte metal parts. No oil, equals no machines.

This oil then could make synthetics of all kinds, plus natural fibers as well.

Hemp rope drove the world once and did it cheaply, and could do it again, and cleanly compared to dino oil. You could still have diesel, you could still have alcohol engines that dragsters run, and you could have hydrogen when it's time comes.

Hemp adds nitrogen composted and or in the act of growing it as well, so it could ballance out or rotate with corn, as another thing. It woud make fast soil I think. I can say I know that, but base a hunch on other weeds i compost.

Another reality is animals are a renewable resource and that is just somthing city dwellers need to get over. Many have no idea where their make up comes from, and what is in all store bought grain foods, which is some form or another of animal biproducts.

Like say potoate chips, which more or less has a animal fats content, and when I say make up, I mean womens war paints and perfumes. So no one gets off with no guilt if one must suffer guilt for being the top of the food chain.

And for those that don't like being the top of the food chain, I am sure those who do, can find some place for you to fit. Because if we are not at the top it means something else is.

If something else is, I am going to have a big problem with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies