Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 07:30 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,955,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Way to go, idiot "pastor" in Florida. Blood on your hands.
Why is it that people in the left can never accept responsibility to those who make the actions?

If someone is killed with a gun, you blame the gun maker for the crimes committed by the guy who used the gun.

If a person gorges themselves on fatty food, you blame the food industry for the persons obesity.

If a person makes a statement and another gets angry and harms another, you blame the person making the statement for the actions of the other.

Seriously, it is beyond twilight zone.

When is the left going to recognize what responsibility truly is and apply it properly to those who are actually responsible?

This isn't an issue of someone yelling jump in a suicide situation. This isn't an issue a person yelling fire in a crowded room to create a panic. This is an issue of someone who had position and expressed their position using their freedom to do so and to which never ended up doing what he had every right to do.

We may not agree with it, but he has the right to do it.

Now here you are, one of a group of thinking that believes they stand for freedom of speech, believes they protect the individual liberties of all and you are blaming someone for the irresponsible actions of another?

I don't want to anything to do with your society, for your type of position would see all who disagree hang for their differences and at the same time blame them for your own actions of hanging them. It is insane, and that mentality is beyond dangerous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 07:36 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Might as well blame the press then, for covering this guy. But is it the press's fault? The ultimate responsibility for engendering this recent protest in Kashmir against "Koran burning in the United States" lies with him. If he'd just taken the Koran out in his backyard with his buddies and said a prayer over it and burned it, those 13 people might still be alive.

Old 09-15-2010, 12:05 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
Might as well blame the press then, for covering this guy. But is it the press's fault? The ultimate responsibility for engendering this recent protest in Kashmir against "Koran burning in the United States" lies with him. If he'd just taken the Koran out in his backyard with his buddies and said a prayer over it and burned it, those 13 people might still be alive.
You just have to find someone to blame instead of the guilty party. A true new era American who thinks there is no such thing as accountability and all about blame and finger pointing. "MOM! He Made Me Do It!!! WHAAAAA!!!"

That attitude is exactly why this country is going downhill fast.

Old 09-15-2010, 12:43 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,244,818 times
Quote:
The pastor threatening to burn the Koran I thought was a subtopic of the thread. As for "standing up to them," do you really think burning the Koran would do anything but alienate them further, and bring us closer to a new war?
If they are stupid enough to start a war over the burning of a koran it just shows how STUPID they really are.

I don't like it when I see those dumb idiots burning the American Flag on the news yet I would not start a war because of it..

Maybe it's time for them to grow up... And for those like you to stop defending their actions.

Old 09-15-2010, 12:46 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,244,818 times
Quote:
NO...I blame people like you for defending their actions when they want to kill Americans... The next American blood will be on yours and those like you hands.

Old 09-15-2010, 01:19 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,935,344 times
Quote:
Why are you so reluctant to blame the ones who actually committed the act? Why does it have to be the pastor's fault, the press' fault? No one forced those muslims to do what they did. They chose to and followed through. They have no one blame but themselves. 13 would be alive if those muslims chose to not kill them. Simple as that.

Old 09-15-2010, 01:28 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,479,858 times
Violence inspired by religion...that's new.

Old 09-15-2010, 01:44 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,814,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
If they are stupid enough to start a war over the burning of a koran it just shows how STUPID they really are.

I don't like it when I see those dumb idiots burning the American Flag on the news yet I would not start a war because of it..

Maybe it's time for them to grow up... And for those like you to stop defending their actions.
That's exactly right. I doubt they'll "grow up" any time soon though.

Old 09-15-2010, 02:06 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,228,739 times
Oh for chrissakes. You guys wanted to be heard. You wanted the other side to hear you. You didn't care who heard you and now you guys act like you don't comprehend the response.

You GOT what you wanted. That indicates that there are others that need to grow up as well.

Old 09-15-2010, 02:08 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
Oh for chrissakes. You guys wanted to be heard. You wanted the other side to hear you. You didn't care who heard you and now you guys act like you don't comprehend the response.

You GOT what you wanted. That indicates that there are others that need to grow up as well.
Are you saying that the people who threatened to burn the Koran wanted Muslims to murder people? Why the hatred?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies