Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2010, 06:46 PM

37,226 posts, read 19,219,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Why,are Muslims above lying?
Better yet, don't. Ignorance is a lot easier to grasp.

Why should they trust you, anyway?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 06:46 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,083,461 times
Quote:
There is nothing in any of the Hadiths either...

Lets make this easy,post where in Islamic teachings it is forbidden for non-Muslims to draw Mohammed?
It's forbidden to insult him at all. The medium is irrelevant.

Sunan Abu Dawood 4362

Narrated from ‘Ali that a Jewish woman used to insult the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and say bad things about him, so a man strangled her until she died, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) ruled that no blood money was due in this case.

Sunnan Abu Dawud 4348, Sunnan Abu Dawud 4361

Narrated Abdullah Ibn Abbas: A blind man had a slave-mother who used to abuse the Prophet (peace be upon him) and disparage him. He forbade her but she did not stop. He rebuked her but she did not give up her habit. One night she began to slander the Prophet (peace be upon him) and abuse him. So he took a dagger, placed it on her belly, pressed it, and killed her. A child who came between her legs was smeared with the blood that was there. When the morning came, the Prophet (peace be upon him) was informed about it.

He assembled the people and said: I adjure by Allah the man who has done this action and I adjure him by my right to him that he should stand up. Jumping over the necks of the people and trembling the man stood up.

He sat before the Prophet (peace be upon him) and said: Apostle of Allah! I am her master; she used to abuse you and disparage you. I forbade her, but she did not stop, and I rebuked her, but she did not abandon her habit. I have two sons like pearls from her, and she was my companion. Last night she began to abuse and disparage you. So I took a dagger, put it on her belly and pressed it till I killed her. Thereupon the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: Oh be witness, no retaliation is payable for her blood.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:47 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
No. You are putting words in my mouth.

What I said was that purposely going out of your way to be offensive is a sure way to incur consequences. Islamist take their religion most seriously and consider that anyone who insults their religion is a heathen and an infidel who must be put to death.

Knowing this, I consider that anyone who intentionally offends in this manner must have a death wish, and I am certain that Molly norris was very well aware of that. She got what she bargained for and will spend her life in hiding if she is wise.

Whether I approve of either side makes no difference to the situation as it stands.
i'm not trying to put words in your mouth. i'm hoping to get you to see the logical progression of your train of thought.

you clearly champion -
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald
I'll try not to miss her.

As ye sow, etc.
-the concept that those who purposefully do something to offend members of a religious group deserve whatever punishment the offended care to dish out, including death.

question: if the artist who did the 'pi$$ christ' - who clearly knew how offensive he was being - had been ripped limb from limb by angry christians, would you 'try not to miss him,' and think he justly deserved a cruel death?

Old 09-15-2010, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
as far as I know "existential threat" means global and terminal.
So why are you so confused?

Old 09-15-2010, 06:49 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Better yet, don't. Ignorance is a lot easier to grasp.

Why should they trust you, anyway?
There is no need to trust me,you want me to take the word of a Muslim that despite what is written in their Holy book and what is stated by their religious leaders not to mention their history, their religion is peaceful.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:49 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,814,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
So why are you so confused?
Because Islam is a global and possibly terminal threat to us infidels.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:51 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times
Quote:

Sunan Abu Dawood 4362

Narrated from ‘Ali that a Jewish woman used to insult the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and say bad things about him, so a man strangled her until she died, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) ruled that no blood money was due in this case.

Narrated Abdullah Ibn Abbas: A blind man had a slave-mother who used to abuse the Prophet (peace be upon him) and disparage him. He forbade her but she did not stop. He rebuked her but she did not give up her habit. One night she began to slander the Prophet (peace be upon him) and abuse him. So he took a dagger, placed it on her belly, pressed it, and killed her. A child who came between her legs was smeared with the blood that was there. When the morning came, the Prophet (peace be upon him) was informed about it.

He assembled the people and said: I adjure by Allah the man who has done this action and I adjure him by my right to him that he should stand up. Jumping over the necks of the people and trembling the man stood up.

He sat before the Prophet (peace be upon him) and said: Apostle of Allah! I am her master; she used to abuse you and disparage you. I forbade her, but she did not stop, and I rebuked her, but she did not abandon her habit. I have two sons like pearls from her, and she was my companion. Last night she began to abuse and disparage you. So I took a dagger, put it on her belly and pressed it till I killed her. Thereupon the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: Oh be witness, no retaliation is payable for her blood.
I will hazard a guess you haven't found anything to answer where in Islamic teachings it is forbidden for non-Muslims to draw Mohammed?

Quote:
Actually,it is.
Freedom of speech is quashed by good judgment? You believe that?

How very sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC
No,but I also do not rely upon the platitudes of Muslims that despite all the evidence to the contrary,their religion is peaceful.
Who does? I have no idea who you are arguing with on that issue.

2,153 posts, read 5,539,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
A falling piano is not the same as a doodle on a piece of paper. The laws of gravity can't be changed, but stupid human ideas can. When the world was different, when people were not mingling, people could get away with these ideas. In a globally society it's not going to fly.
Why does the global society idea apparently only apply to non muslims?

Old 09-15-2010, 06:52 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:

Sunan Abu Dawood 4362

How's about it's forbidden for THEM to insult. Those of us not astute in the teaching of the Koran nor are Muslims do not have to follow their religious laws. That goes for any and all religions..not just Islam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies