Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2010, 07:45 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,225,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
She had more balls than some of the guys posting here...
But not quite enough to stay where she was and reason with her opponents and explain that this was America and that she could say whatever she pleased.

I'm sure that she could have convinced them that she was right. Possibly even converted a few.

Pity she let what was left of her good sense take over and get in the way of her balls, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 07:52 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
You are still trying to twist it into what my personal beliefs are, and my beliefs are not the topic here.
if you're unable to defend your previous posts, just say so, and i will let it go. if not... i guess i will have to continue to pester you for an answer until it is clear to all that your position is founded on hypocrisy.

Quote:
I never intended to evade anything with the link, but to explain that Muslims and Christians, when offended, act very much in the same manner.
really. how many christians have killed those who purposefully offended christianity recently?

Quote:
I personally was not offended by a cartoon of Mohammed, nor was I offended by **** Christ any more than I was by The Passion of the Christ, although I understand why both could be considered offensive to certain groups.
i never claimed that you were. i was merely asking if your 'wrath of the godful' scenario should play out evenly. still waiting on that one..

Quote:
What I said was, if you act offensively with the knowledge of the consequences you will be facing, you should not be surprised to face the consequences of your actions. If you know someone will kill you in defense of their religion, it would be wise not to offend their religion, unless, of course, you have a death wish.
right. and when the pissed-off party involves someone other than muslims - this is the part where i would like your opinion.

Quote:
If your taste in self-expression manifests itself in wildly swinging you arms, your freedom to express yourself ends where someone else's person begins. You may smack a professional fighter in the nose and explain to him that you were only expressing yourself and excercising your rights thereunto, but if he is not amused you should not be in the least surprised if you find yourself being pummelled. He, too, has the right to freedom of expression, though his tastes may not compare to yours.
is this a muslim-only thing, or can anyone play?

Quote:
To address you last quotation, I never passed judgement and said that htey deserved or didn't deserve anything. I said, as I said once in my opening paragraph of this post, that they should expect what they knew to expect. If they are too stupid to grasp that concept, perhaps they were some of those that Darwin chronicled, and will soon be replaced by a more intelligent species better equipped to survive.
actually, you said more than that. you said that you would 'try not to miss them,' if i recall correctly. to me, this says that you would get a sense of smug self-satisfaction if molly were to be killed for merely advocating that people draw a picture of muhammed.
is this correct?

Old 09-15-2010, 07:53 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,878,379 times
Better to stand up once than be a coward all your life...

Something so many here seem to favor.

I wonder what some here would do if they saw someone being attacked,help or simply turn away???

Old 09-15-2010, 07:59 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,726,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
I never heard so much nonsense in my life. Do you hear yourself? Take it to the logical conclusion -- is there no limit to the Muslim bullying as far as you are concerned? You can continue to accomodate and accomodate until you cease to exist?

You are so silly if you think they are no existential threat to us. Pay attention to Europe. As the old Chinese proverb goes: The fool learns by experience. Don't be a fool. Read Bruce Bauer and Bat Ye'or.

Otherwise, when you are cowering before them (I mean, moreso than you already are) you will have to accept the consequences of your choices . . .
Tried, but couldn't rep you again.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:01 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
So anyone that pisses off Christians in general should expect the same treatment...gotcha

What do you think? Not like stuff like that doesn't happen.........

Old 09-15-2010, 08:03 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,878,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
What do you think? Not like stuff like that doesn't happen.........
Can you give a recent example....say in the last six months?

Old 09-15-2010, 08:06 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
if you're unable to defend your previous posts, just say so, and i will let it go. if not... i guess i will have to continue to pester you for an answer until it is clear to all that your position is founded on hypocrisy.
I have not posted anything which requires a "defense". My opinions are my opinions. You don't pester me a bit, BTW. You're not clever enough to be an irritant.

really. how many christians have killed those who purposefully offended christianity recently? About the same number as Muslims. Are you saying that Christians do not make death threats? BS. The internet chat rooms are full of them.

i never claimed that you were. i was merely asking if your 'wrath of the godful' scenario should play out evenly. still waiting on that one..

Absolutely.

right. and when the pissed-off party involves someone other than muslims - this is the part where I would like your opinion.

My opinion, again, does not matter. It is not what is under discussion here. If you poke at a snake, you should expect that it will bite.

you said that you would 'try not to miss them,' if i recall correctly. to me, this says that you would get a sense of smug self-satisfaction if molly were to be killed for merely advocating that people draw a picture of muhammed.
is this correct?
Indeed I did. She is going into hiding, and will not be publishing her offensive cartoons any more. Obviously a huge step towards achieving a peaceful coexistance with our neighbors, My post had nothing to do with her being killed.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:08 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Better to stand up once than be a coward all your life...

Something so many here seem to favor.

I wonder what some here would do if they saw someone being attacked,help or simply turn away???
is the attacker a muslim, or someone else?

not enough info

Old 09-15-2010, 08:15 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,800,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Let me ask something to those in this thread.

Would it be wise to go to one of the most dangerous predominately black neighborhoods in the US and start yelling racial slurs? Should the person who decides to do that be surprised then if bad things happen to them? Granted they do have the freedom of speech protecting them, but going to do that wouldn't be too bright would it?
Ridiculous comparison.

Yelling racial slurs in a black neighborhood would be protected by free speech of course but those words bring back memories of oppression, slavery, segregation, lynchings, etc. that blacks experienced back in the day. It's understandable why they'd be upset about it.

Drawing a picture of a Mohammed brings back the days of..... nothing. Represents no oppression, doesn't demean anyone. It's just a picture of freaking Mohammed. And I see nothing wrong with making a picture of the Prophet to protest radical Islam that has terrorized people all over the world.

Basically, they're saying they don't like it because their religion (which we don't follow) forbids it. So we must die.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:21 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,815,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
I never heard so much nonsense in my life. Do you hear yourself? Take it to the logical conclusion -- is there no limit to the Muslim bullying as far as you are concerned? You can continue to accomodate and accomodate until you cease to exist?

You are so silly if you think they are no existential threat to us. Pay attention to Europe. As the old Chinese proverb goes: The fool learns by experience. Don't be a fool. Read Bruce Bauer and Bat Ye'or.

Otherwise, when you are cowering before them (I mean, moreso than you already are) you will have to accept the consequences of your choices . . .
You're absolutely right. It's very hard to turn a blind eye on what goes on globally.
The threat is terminal because their ultimate goal is to convert the world into Islam.
And that's clearly impossible without applying a certain amount of force.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies