Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2010, 10:07 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,153,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
All religions should be respected in America. None should be made to go underground. That is what makes us free. Some do not want any religion to be spoken.
People of religion (just about all religions) more often than not disrespect people of all other religions other not their own and they disrespect people who don't believe in religion.

There's a glaring hypocrisy and awful irony to people of any religion playing the victim/martyr card.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
I think most of the time American Christians don't even think of atheists---yes athesists are the minority in our country. Maybe American atheists have the persecution complex.

What a load of crap.

Athesists don't have a persecution complex.

Athesists are sickened and repulsed by the constant bomardment and bullying of people like you and your constant bullying to shove your religion into every aspect of everyone's lifes; including politics and law.

Christians, Muslims ....you're all the same.

Muslims are worse right now, as most Christians have put away most of their barbaric behavior, for the time being.

Instead, you manipulate and bully through different channels and different ways.

I'm sick of hearing about all you religious pests and all of your poor religious problems.

You people of religion cause more problems in society and politics, than any other group of people on the face of the planet. You create more war, more murder, more torture and more devestation...than anyone.

Yet, none of you even truely get what true spirituality is about.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
The quote "Treat others how you want to be treated" taught to us as kids seems appropriate.

In America, Christians started all the hate first (and it's still going on). Can't really expect others to sit there and take it quietly.
Absurdly, they do. They really do. Christians truely believe they have a right to impose their delusions and fantasies about their "God" on everyone and infuse their "God" into everything. And they turely believe ecveryone HAS TO tolerate their nonsense.

They have no respect for anyone. Most of them don't even really know how to live the religion they claim they are all about. Most of them are hypocrites.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:33 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,275,143 times
Quote:
I think most of the time American Christians don't even think of atheists---yes athesists are the minority in our country. Maybe American atheists have the persecution complex.Do you hear atheists whining about it, nope, only christers.

But, I can say and it can be easily verified that Christians around the world have been persecuted, killed, beaten, put in jail for their faith, and tortured. Most of the countries that do it are atheists, like the Russian government. It goes on in Muslim countries today. You can find news stories everywhere of Christians being put in jail for even saying they are Christian. A lot of Christians in other countries need to go underground to practice their faith or they would be killed.It can be easily verified that christers around the world have persecuted, killed, beated and tortured others for their faith.
You still don't see the irony of your statements.
It's laughable that you neglect to acknowledge that christers do it.
What a joke.

Quote:
ISLAMABAD — The family of a Pakistani Christian woman sentenced to death for blasphemy against Islam said Saturday they are hoping for a presidential pardon that could bring her home in time for Christmas.

The case against Asia Bibi — which started with a spat over a sip of water — has renewed calls for reform of Pakistan's blasphemy law, which critics say has been used to settle grudges, persecute minorities and fan religious extremism.

Read more: Pakistan blasphemy law under scrutiny | Nation & World | Wichita Eagle
This has what to do with the US?
In fact, what does this have to do with anti christer bias?

Last edited by chielgirl; 11-22-2010 at 11:03 PM..

Old 11-22-2010, 10:38 PM

Quote:
There are all kinds of crazy cults out there, even atheist cults. I don't think Charlie Manson prayed or talked about Jesus except to convince his followers he was the high supreme being and they should kill for him.

I know strong Christians who rejected some crazies because of their strong faith and knew a charlatan when they saw one.
While the vast majority don't.
Are you really qualified to decide who is and who is not a christer?
Really, are you omnipotent? I thought only your sky daddy was such.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
It seems that many here are choosing a blindness to protect their unbelief.
Muslams are killing christians in other parts of the world simply because the muslam religion gives them the directive.
Christians are not picking fights with these people in fact for the most part christians are trying to help people in great generosity and sacrifice ' , I have friend that came from egypt, the christians there are being singled out and tortured and the government does nothing because it is primarily muslam. A woman that became a christian has been beaten and threatened with death by the athourities .
This is not an isolated insident , this has been going on for centuries. News media are not going to say any thing because it is not politically safe. The writing is on the wall folks .
Oh, please. christers have been pushing their religion on others forever.
They do it now; they do it on streetcorners in the US; they come to my house unasked. They go to remote hilltribes in SE Asia and offer things, and education, if the family signs up as christer. Then they forsake them.
I spend a great deal of my life in SE Asia. I can always tell a christer village, they all have their hands out.
Nazis were christers.
Take off your blinders.
BTW, it's muslim; don't expect respect for your religion if you don't respect others.
Personally, I don't respect any religion.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:12 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,409,881 times
Nazis were NOT Christians, or "Christers" as you call them. From what I've seen, atheists are far more intolerant of Christianity than Christians are of atheism.

Old 11-23-2010, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
Nazis were NOT Christians, or "Christers" as you call them. From what I've seen, atheists are far more intolerant of Christianity than Christians are of atheism.
Yes, they were.
Hitler was a christer, raised catholic.
The pope was a nazi youth.
Germany is a catholic country, catholics were the first christers.
Europe is almost completely christer.

BTW, most christers on CD are intolerant of anything that is not exactly like them.
You're funny.

Old 11-23-2010, 12:28 AM

956 posts, read 1,113,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
And with good reason too. Those atheists who were born into religious families are so sickened and disgusted by the fact that they were indoctrinated, that they have zero tolerance for religion. Christianity gets the brunt of it because most atheists come from Christian backgrounds....

Old 11-23-2010, 12:37 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,504,702 times
I think that is true. If someone comes from a Christian background and if something hurt them then they are more likely to strike back. Christianity takes the brunt from them in our country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies