Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2010, 09:30 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,308,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDCJoe View Post
Have you ever read a historic work on the living conditions of common people during this period?
That would require some level of intellectual curiosity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 09:37 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,597,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
What a joke of a post.
I guess the lowering of taxes and reducing the spending of the federal government didnt happen during the mini-depression of the early 1920's? Mini because the government stayed out and the economy corrected itself quickly. Over 2 years time taxes and spending were cut by 40 percent and in that period we saw unemployment go from 11 to 7 to 4.
The Tea Party is about smaller government and reducing the debt. You can spew your lies about what YOU think the Tea Party is about but that doesn't make it so...
The Tea Party is a trick, to lure you in. Like "pro-life" was a trick to lure me in ( I am pro-life). I did not vote for Bush II. But it was too late for the rest of the country, they were still high on believin' that Bush was about "family, God, pro-life"... noone knew that Cheney was in the background plotting to be VP so that he could pull Bush's puppet strings for WAR. Why would Cheney do that? Because he is a PNAC Neocon and he and the Neocons planned Iraq War YEARS before Bush II was in Oval Office:
Statement of Principles

So now here you are again, the hook is no longer "pro-life", so they reel you in with an implausible pipe dream> "No Taxes"! Why is Tea Party phoney? Well first of all its obvious to the most casual observer, No Deficit/No Taxes simply DOES NOT COMPUTE... throwing NOTHING into a HOLE has a return of NOTHING> do the math, I did. Nothing does NOT equal 1 or 2 or anything, it = 0 !!! The Hole is still empty!!!
The bottom line is still in the red.

So why would the Tea Party NOT do the math??? Cui Bono? - Who Benefits? Well, certainly not you or I, why would we want an EMPTY US Treasury??? Who would WANT to empty the US Treasury??? The only thing I can come up with is two things: 1) Military Industrial Complex 2) All other Corporations. And sure enough, the Tea Party is backed by CORPORATE SUPPORTERS, not grassroots voters.

But it actually is even worse than CORPORATE CONTROL! It's back to NEOCON WARMONGERING again!!! Guess who the TOP ADVISOR for Sarah Palin is??? A PNAC Neocon! Finally came out in MSM news this month:
Sarah Palin's top advisor outed as PNAC ("New Pearl Harbor") director - Los Angeles LA County Libertarian | Examiner.com

And WHO do you think is the "Paul Revere" sounding the warning bell about Tea Party??? RON PAUL !!!
Campaign For Liberty ; Ron Paul’s Shocking Message To The Tea Party: You’re being taken for a ride.

'...Here was Ron Paul's message to the Tea Party via The New York Times just the other day:
"As many frustrated Americans who have joined the Tea Party realize, we cannot stand against big government at home while supporting it abroad. We cannot talk about fiscal responsibility while spending trillions on occupying and bullying the rest of the world. We cannot talk about the budget deficit and spiraling domestic spending without looking at the costs of maintaining an American empire of more than 700 military bases in more than 120 foreign countries. We cannot pat ourselves on the back for cutting a few thousand dollars from a nature preserve or an inner-city swimming pool at home while turning a blind eye to a Pentagon budget that nearly equals those of the rest of the world combined."...'

Last edited by aspiesmom; 09-23-2010 at 09:51 AM..

Old 09-23-2010, 02:08 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,833,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshiscountry View Post
prove it.

prove that they do

Old 09-23-2010, 03:49 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,885,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDCJoe View Post
WOW!!! No one stated there were no charities, but again have you accepted my challenge of looking at the common person’s life during this period? If charities were doing such a bang up job back then, and wealthy persons had so much money to share with downtrodden individuals, then why did ghettos such as the Five Points of NY exist? The Five Points weren’t an anomaly either, as every major city of the US during this period had ghettos akin to the favelas of Rio today. The ghettos (locally) that scare us currently cannot hold a candle to the conditions of these neighborhoods. Charities alone could not (and cannot) handle the number of impoverished. Again do a bit of research and come back as history has demonstrated this fact. Depending on the kindness of individuals to remedy desperate situations does not work. You obviously have no issue with living in an environment where large class divisions occur. All that I can say is good luck. But remember that the amount of money you will have to outlay for security regarding your possessions will most certainly exceed the amount that you pay in taxes for these very social programs! Oh and food for thought, to make it easier for you, research the living conditions of Rio’s favelas. If you have no issue with dissolving all social net programs and depending on the existence of charities then you most assuredly will have no problem of living with shanty towns here in the US…
You are spot on with your post. Why there are no ghettos around now so the government must be working!

Keep trying to justify theft. I've said this before and it bears repeating for people like you who don't get it. You do not evolve as a society through theft and coercion.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:58 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,885,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
The Tea Party is a trick, to lure you in. Like "pro-life" was a trick to lure me in ( I am pro-life).
LMAO It is not a trick. Because you fell for Dubyas lies, as did others, means the Tea Party is a trick???????? Not everyone is uninformed or a lemming.

Quote:
So now here you are again, the hook is no longer "pro-life", so they reel you in with an implausible pipe dream> "No Taxes"!
Why is Tea Party phoney? Well first of all its obvious to the most casual observer, No Deficit/No Taxes simply DOES NOT COMPUTE... throwing NOTHING into a HOLE has a return of NOTHING> do the math, I did. Nothing does NOT equal 1 or 2 or anything, it = 0 !!! The Hole is still empty!!!
The bottom line is still in the red.
no taxes lol
5 simple words. small government, lower the debt
5 simple words yet you cannot fathom the meaning?
If you can't discuss the facts make them up.

You don't get it and you never will because of your blinders. Look back at what history has taught us about what happens when you lower taxes and lower government spending. The people of the nation were better off. Those simple facts are indisputable to all, but those with an agenda.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:28 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,532,478 times
Quote:
LMAO It is not a trick. Because you fell for Dubyas lies, as did others, means the Tea Party is a trick???????? Not everyone is uninformed or a lemming.

no taxes lol

You don't get it and you never will because of your blinders. Look back at what history has taught us about what happens when you lower taxes and lower government spending. The people of the nation were better off. Those simple facts are indisputable to all, but those with an agenda.
What people? The white male status quo that the tea party wants to defend?

Old 09-23-2010, 05:48 PM

276 posts, read 477,153 times
Fallacy:

The Tea Party stands for smaller government and fewer taxes. (Where were thye when Bush was racking up 13 trillion in debt)?

Reality:

These people are stealth right-wing theocrats. They hold prayers before their meetings. To my knowledge, every candidate they've supported had been anti-abortion. How is THAT small government?!?

Old 09-23-2010, 06:00 PM

2,564 posts, read 1,597,902 times
Quote:

no taxes lol

Can't help noticing you took above out of context and left out three major points of my post:
1) Tea Party is corporate backed
2) Sarah Palin is Neocon backed
3) Ron Paul's warning: Tea Party is taking you for a ride
Here is my fourth point which I will clarify
4) 0$ in the US Treasury is NO government of by and for WE THE PEOPLE

Old 09-23-2010, 06:06 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,385,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
His mom is white, his dad is black.
Yeah but there are many people in America who have that exact same make-up, yet they are considered black....who is it that decides rather you're black or not? Is there some committee?

Old 09-23-2010, 06:11 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,328,318 times
Quote:

Smaller debt can never be achieved with no taxes, do the math.
There's you're problem right there, smaller debt can be achieved with less borrowing and spending. And no one is advocating 'no' taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies