Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2010, 07:27 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,601,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I can't help noticing how YOU ignore history.

Thanks for highlighting the 4th point. LOL yep that's what the Tea Party wants. Absolutely no money for the government. I think it's funny how people with false interpretations think others are dumb enough to believe them too.

I will agree that Palin is a bit of a Teocon, you cannot believe in our military occupying foreign nations and extending the empire.

go small or go home
How about how YOU ignore the most recent obvious history, how four terms of FDR saved this country from the Stock Market Crash of 1929? Now you want to reverse what Obama is doing for 98% of us, and go back to GOP for the top wealthiest 2%!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 07:27 AM

638 posts, read 931,423 times
Quote:
You are spot on with your post. Why there are no ghettos around now so the government must be working!

Keep trying to justify theft. I've said this before and it bears repeating for people like you who don't get it. You do not evolve as a society through theft and coercion.
Please point out where I stated there are no ghettos currently…. Please give me the direct quote, I’m begging you. Here is a direct excerpt from my previous quote about ghettos today: The ghettos (locally) that scare us currently cannot hold a candle to the conditions of these neighborhoods. Nowhere did I state there are no ghettos. I have definitely made my point while you hold on to the silly premise of deflection. You obviously have no counter to my argument, which is fine.

Know however that you definitely aren’t getting it. The ghettos of today’s America are a paradise in comparison to the 19th century equivalents, and by dismantling our social programs you invite a return to these conditions. Before you attempt to destroy our current way of life, go abroad for a while and live in countries that have limited to no social programs. Check out Kenya, Nigeria, and to a lesser extent Brazil. Display your wealth openly and live amoungst these people for a year. I would love to see what happens to you.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-25-2010 at 12:08 PM.. Reason: rude

Old 09-24-2010, 07:33 AM

Quote:
5 simple words yet you cannot fathom the meaning?
If you can't discuss the facts make them up.
The people of the nation were better off. Those simple facts are indisputable to all, but those with an agenda.
Aren’t the first two sentences the pot calling the kettle black? Additionally, the wealthy were better off when social programs didn't exist however the poor and middling were a different story. If the poor were so much better off, please give us a some examples of historical documents highlighting this rosy existence. Where are the documents displaying this supposed utopia? I have given you firm evidence about conditions of the common man during this period, while you espouse conjecture. Where’s your evidence?

Old 09-24-2010, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Gotcha it was the cost effective, efficient government that did that.

If you believe that falsehood is true then why don't you tell me why this very same type of government is responsible for the depression of the 30's and the depression right now? Keep going back to the poisonous well.
Where is your evidence of this rosy existance pre1930 for the common man. Give me some books please..........

Old 09-24-2010, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Gotcha it was the cost effective, efficient government that did that.

If you believe that falsehood is true then why don't you tell me why this very same type of government is responsible for the depression of the 30's and the depression right now? Keep going back to the poisonous well.
Charles Dickens was funded by an expanded social government? Your post above appears to advocate this idea, when you stated that “Gotcha it was the cost effective, efficient government that did that.” Again, you really do not appear to have a firm grasp of history. Charles Dickens a prominent social reform advocate lived from 1812 to 1870 far before social programs came into existence. He lived during the height of this supposed rosy past of raw capitalism uncurtailed by government legislation that you advocate. This man actually lived during this time and wrote about what he saw. You have not yet brought a historical document to light negating Dickens’s view. We are still waiting………

Old 09-24-2010, 09:01 AM

37,962 posts, read 17,939,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
How about how YOU ignore the most recent obvious history, how four terms of FDR saved this country from the Stock Market Crash of 1929? Now you want to reverse what Obama is doing for 98% of us, and go back to GOP for the top wealthiest 2%!
FDR prolonged the Depression. Only after the war did we start to crawl out. FDR saved this country????? LMAO

Old 09-24-2010, 09:02 AM

Quote:
FDR prolonged the Depression. Only after the war did we start to crawl out. FDR saved this country????? LMAO
Very old corporatist fallacy... got any "new" ones?
I suppose you are on board with privatizing our pensions with our "friends" at Wall Street?

Old 09-24-2010, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDCJoe View Post
Do you have some sort of malfunction, or is it simple selective reasoning? Please point out where I stated there are no ghettos currently…. Please give me the direct quote, I’m begging you. Here is a direct excerpt from my previous quote about ghettos today: The ghettos (locally) that scare us currently cannot hold a candle to the conditions of these neighborhoods. Nowhere did I state there are no ghettos. I have definitely made my point while you hold on to the silly premise of deflection. You obviously have no counter to my argument, which is fine.

Know however that you definitely aren’t getting it. The ghettos of today’s America are a paradise in comparison to the 19th century equivalents, and by dismantling our social programs you invite a return to these conditions. Before you attempt to destroy our current way of life, go abroad for a while and live in countries that have limited to no social programs. Check out Kenya, Nigeria, and to a lesser extent Brazil. Display your wealth openly and live amoungst these people for a year. I would love to see what happens to you.

The failures of our government into areas they have no business is well documented. Those who see otherwise are blinded by their own agenda which has little to do with reason or fact.
To ignore the fact that our nation, in it's short lifespan, was better off than most in the 19th century is an act of ignorance.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-25-2010 at 12:08 PM.. Reason: rude

Old 09-24-2010, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
Very old corporatist fallacy... got any "new" ones?
I suppose you are on board with privatizing our pensions with our "friends" at Wall Street?
lmao it has nothing to do whatsoever with corporate thinking. Why mention that? By your previous post commenting on Michael Moore and capitalism you have absolutely no idea what capitalism is.

Old 09-24-2010, 09:23 AM

Quote:
lmao it has nothing to do whatsoever with corporate thinking. Why mention that? By your previous post commenting on Michael Moore and capitalism you have absolutely no idea what capitalism is.
Even movie industry is REGULATED by GOVERNMENT! And Michael Moore AGREES with REGULATION.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies