Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2011, 09:18 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Clap harder!
I don't understand your response. You are a Danish national living in Los Angeles, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 09:22 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Hint: You will never see an original of anybody's birth certificate. If a State released the original, what would they retain in their archives?
Ok. Copy of the original. Not the 2008 copy that looks nothing like a copy of an original from the year he was born.

Quote:
Probably because she has been dead since 1995.
And Obama never needed a copy of his bc before 1995?

Quote:
No. He doesn't. The State of Hawaii does. They have even said so.
Yes, they do have it.

Quote:
From the Hawaiian Statues:
92-31 Disposition of original record. A photograph, microphotograph, reproduction on film, or electronic form of a government record shall be placed in conveniently accessible files and provisions made for preserving, examining, and using the same. Thereafter, a public officer, after having first received the written approval of the comptroller as provided in section 94-3, may cause such record, paper, or document to be destroyed. The comptroller may require, as a prerequisite to the granting of such approval, that a reproduction or print of such photograph, microphotograph, or reproduction on film, or electronic form of the record be delivered into the custody of the public archives for safekeeping. The comptroller may also require the delivery into the custody of another governmental department or agency or a research library of any such record, paper, or document proposed to be destroyed under the provisions of this section.
But that's not what was shown. Not the certificate of live birth - and hey maybe he was born in the USA. Why not produce a copy of the 1961 BC Hawaii issued in 1961? Is there something else on it that would bring bad press? It makes NO sense not to.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:28 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,836,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDASpaceman View Post
??? ^ ???

Ok Riddler...and the rest of the story is????
?

Old 01-07-2011, 09:31 PM

1,568 posts, read 3,227,865 times
Calibro said "My mom is foreign...not American. My dad is an American. I was born abroad (not on any army base). I was born an American citizen. Not naturalized, but born a US citizen.

What are you talking about?

Old 01-07-2011, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Is Obama an American citizen? Yes. Is he a natural born American citizen? No. Obama does not meet Constitutional eligibility. Nancy Pelosi fraudulently certified him as such.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:37 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I don't understand your response.
It's a bit obscure, admittedly. At the end of the theatre production of "Peter Pan", the audience is told that Tinkerbell will die if they don't believe in fairies - that they must clap as hard as they can to prove their belief. The kids clap like wild.

Of course, jaded adults know that reality isn't affected by the intensity of their desires.

Quote:
You are a Danish national living in Los Angeles, right?
It gets worse: A liberal Danish national, tirelessly working in Hollywood to undermine the nation's moral fiber.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDASpaceman View Post
Calibro said "My mom is foreign...not American. My dad is an American. I was born abroad (not on any army base). I was born an American citizen. Not naturalized, but born a US citizen.

Stating that if the "rumor" is true...that you can still be president because he was born an American citizen.

The children of citizens of the United States that may be born beyond the sea, or outside the limits of the United States, shall be considered as natural born citizens.

This also applies if only 1 parent is an American.

I used my experiences as an example. The same parallel (if the rumor he was born in Kenya was true). One American parent, one foreign parent born abroad.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:59 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Wink Wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Yeah, it was dismissed for lack of standing but the plantiff's arguments and those of birthers like those here was eviserated by the Court of Apeals.

http://www.in.gov/judiciary/opinions...120903.ebb.pdf
Thanks for the link, but this decision affirmed the lower court on the basis that the Plaintiffs didn't show proof of Obama's non-Natural Born Citizen status.

Looks like the court demanded a conclusion of law from the plaintiffs while at the same time stated that the plaintiffs only supplied conclusion of law.

Only a lip-service mention of Vattel in this "decision".

Pure political action with contempt of law.

Wong was never a Natural Born Citizen under the Constitutional requirement for president, and the Supreme Court never ruled that he was.

Court-activist political decisions depend on stretching, reaching, and over-archery. They are always shooting above the mark.

Punk judges consider their overarching as "wisdom".

Old 01-07-2011, 10:31 PM

89,028 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
Stating that if the "rumor" is true...that you can still be president because he was born an American citizen.
He was born an American citizen, not a natural born American citizen. There's a difference. A born Brit is not a natural born American citizen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
The children of citizens of the United States that may be born beyond the sea, or outside the limits of the United States, shall be considered as natural born citizens.
Not necessarily for Constitutional purposes, such as eligibility for POTUS and CIC. The US State Department addresses this:
Quote:
In any event, the fact that someone is a natural born citizen pursuant to a statute does not necessarily imply that he or she is such a citizen for Constitutional purposes.
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86757.pdf

Old 01-07-2011, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
He was born an American citizen, not a natural born American citizen. There's a difference. A born Brit is not a natural born American citizen.

Not necessarily for Constitutional purposes, such as eligibility for POTUS and CIC. The US State Department addresses this: http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86757.pdf
The constitution doesn't distinguish between jus soli and jus sanguinis, thus if he were born an American, he is a natural born citizen (jus sanguinis).

Again this is under the false premise that the was born abroad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies