Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you react to heterosexuals who are anti-homosexual?
I usually agree with them 25 19.08%
I usually disagree with them 88 67.18%
I'm neutral on the subject 18 13.74%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 05:56 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,068,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
Every word in that sentence is subjective. You should know that being an attorney and all.

Here is what is not subjective. Sex crimes are committed more frequently by heterosexual males than homosexual ones. It is a fact, not an opinion.
Not to mention that its all merely opinion, and happened a loooooooong time ago in a smallish Midwestern city.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:06 PM

59,344 posts, read 27,515,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I understand that conversations about sexuality can provoke strong reactions, but I can't understand why some people are so strongly anti-gay that they need to make negative comments whenever the subject comes up. I can't see anything good about being anti-gay.
I understand that conversations about sexuality can provoke strong reactions, but I can't understand why some people are so strongly anti-hetorosexual that they need to make negative comments whenever the subject comes up. I can't see anything good about being gay.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:17 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,482,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I understand that conversations about sexuality can provoke strong reactions, but I can't understand why some people are so strongly anti-hetorosexual that they need to make negative comments whenever the subject comes up. I can't see anything good about being gay.
I've come across a much larger percentage of straight people who feel the need to make negative comments about gays than I have gay people who feel the need to make negative comments about straight people. And when it's gays making negative comments about straight people, more often than not, it's about the fact that some straight people just love to go on about how awful and wrong homosexuality is.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
I do have a qualification on this subject. For 20 years I represented the largest gay dance bar in my town as their attorney. I know far more about this than I would ever want to know. And, far more about it than anyone other than the recepticles of this sexual activity.
And, as a single hetero guy for the several of the sexual revolution's most outrageous periods, I think I can say with confidence that there is absolutely no comparison with the disgusting, dysfunctional, and unhealthy activity of gays compared to straights. Having said that, it is their business and not mine. But to compare the sexual risk factors of gays to straights, is ridiculous.
Wow, they couldn't find a better lawyer? Or were you assigned to them for some reason? Seriously...what idiot chooses a homophobic lawyer to defend their gay rights?

Old 10-06-2010, 06:31 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,068,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Wow, they couldn't find a better lawyer? Or were you assigned to them for some reason? Seriously...what idiot chooses a homophobic lawyer to defend their gay rights?
This the question that really begs an answer.....
What was the straight attorney for the gay club doing hanging out there?

I worked in a lot of bars during college, and never were the attorneys for said bars hanging out in them.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:46 PM

I should add the STD transmission risk is higher for gay males but puny for lesbians, so the STD transmission argument is a weak one, cause in the end it balances it out.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:10 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,446,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I should add the STD transmission risk is higher for gay males but puny for lesbians, so the STD transmission argument is a weak one, cause in the end it balances it out.

The problem, really, is men.

I don't know why this is difficult to understand.

If straight women were as open to having sex as much as men wanted them to, then straight men would have sex as often as the gay single male. WOMEN are the gatekeepers of chastity. If there were sex clubs where horny women sat around willing to have sex with men, there would be hundreds of men lined up around the building every single day. If there were places where hot women sat in bathroom stalls, willing to perform oral sex on men through holes in the wall, the straight men's room would have as long a line as the women's bathroom, 24/7. We see glimpses of the possibility of straight promiscuity during events such as Mardi Gras, or college Spring Break.

Straight MEN used to be able to demand it, take it, rape it whenever they wanted (and they did) before women got enough power in society. They no longer can. Righteously indignant straight men can thank their women for keeping them honest.

But I digress.

If social conservatives actually gave a damn about what they consider to be "immoral promiscuity," then they would welcome gay marriage, because it would impose societal pressure on gay males to settle down and find a mate, much like their straight counterparts are often dragged kicking and screaming into domestic-land.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:16 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,716,076 times
Quote:
I do have a qualification on this subject. For 20 years I represented the largest gay dance bar in my town as their attorney. I know far more about this than I would ever want to know. And, far more about it than anyone other than the recepticles of this sexual activity.
And, as a single hetero guy for the several of the sexual revolution's most outrageous periods, I think I can say with confidence that there is absolutely no comparison with the disgusting, dysfunctional, and unhealthy activity of gays compared to straights. Having said that, it is their business and not mine. But to compare the sexual risk factors of gays to straights, is ridiculous.
What's ridiculous is judging all gays by what you think you observed as an attorney for a gay dance bar. Give me a break.

I also think it's shameful to represent the legal interests of a gay business while harboring such animosity and deep-seated hatred toward gays. Those gay businesses were either desperate for representation, or completely fooled by an attorney who pretended to have their best interests in mind.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:17 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,446,964 times
Quote:

Really? Your conclusion is based on your experience with a gay bar?

Seriously, the complete and demonstrable lack of deeper analytical skills (or fact checking ability --- example, your 20 year old article that sampled one Canadian city), suggests that you were never actually held accountable during your stint as an "attorney" to have coherent and defensible arguments in court.

From most of the anti-homo joe bubbas and holy rollers on this thread, it is expected that it will take them longer to understand a concept, or to think critically (or for themselves and based on logic). I honestly would expect more from a so-called attorney.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:20 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,716,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Who's anti-heterosexual?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies