Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever been bullied?
Yes 65 82.28%
No 14 17.72%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 08:44 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times

Advertisements

I started getting bullied in middle school (FKA junior high) by two boys. They called me chicken legs and a few other things, they told me they were going to beat me up and after about 3 months I went into my math class and got the one boy in a head lock and kept punching him in the head. The math teacher came in and saw us and said "I forgot something" and left for a few minutes. I didn't get bullied any more but he sure got made fun of as a girl beat him up right in front of all of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 08:50 PM

1,758 posts, read 3,835,971 times
I think there is more adult bullying in the workplace now than there used to be say, 15 or 20 years ago. All of the downsizing and job losses and layoffs have made people more backstabbing to keep a job or to move up. When I took psychology classes back in the early '90s, the psychologists and counselors were already predicting that there would be a huge increase in bullying and violence because the then-young people were already proving to be far more violent than previous generations. Lots of kids raised without a father figure in the home, and also (per some retired teachers I know) the switch to women school principals meant less disciplined kids with little respect for authority. I dunno. But there's no doubt that child and adult gangs seem to exist and seem to always have to be badgering someone.

I was bulled for the last 6 months before I lost my job to a corporate merger, a few years back. The simple reason was that if I quit, I didn't get my big severance package. But if I hung in there until that corporation eliminated my job, I got the severance. It was a real dirty deal, but I stuck it out and I got that severance, plus 52 weeks of unemployment, plus Trade Act money to retrain.

It changes you. Now, if someone bullies me, they will find out out how much of an essobee I can be. I have had a lot of top-notch training in bullying. (very smug smile)

Last edited by SorryIMovedBack; 10-26-2010 at 08:51 PM.. Reason: typos

Old 11-01-2010, 08:10 AM

9 posts, read 13,862 times
I was bullied at home and at school,,,I have social phobia's even when I was younger :I developed early and I started getting molested at age 5 at the time I didn't know it was wrong until I as about 7 and a guy about 17-20 yrs old keep coming behind me a putting his hands up my shirt that's the first time I felt anger about It and so so helpless so then guys and school would touch me and I started fighting them back I got into trouble at home for " defending myself" ( they said hat do I think Iam too good for someone to touch me ) so then I started letting people just do what they want to me I thought defending myself was bad so I didn't speak up to anything .I actually let myself become a victim..Home was way worse than school my parents at basically ignorant 15 yr olds don't even want to get into that,,,Going through all that I still remained somewhat happy in highschool something happened that changed the course of my life and after that I started fighting back so got into with someone at least 3 times a week and I stopped going to school....I was so sad and depressed then I hate hitting and arguing I just like having fun,,,,ranaway from home ( that changed me ) went back to school and loved school after that I got better grades than ever I just didn't care about anything anymore nothing bothered me....

I believe people should be able to just live their lives without the ignorance,,this should not be a part of life..Living I noticed some people can not live without drAMa in their lives and others like me hate it...Iam all about fun but by me have such social anxieties puts such a huge target on my back...now at least we can just not be around people who need to be hit in order to be civil...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies