Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 11:16 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,174,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
Bush and congress (Republican in the first half, Democrat in the second) was a bad mix of mismanagement. Obama and his Democrat congress is just exponentially worse. Bush's fault, Obama's fault. Frankly, they both suck. Can we leave it at that?
No. I think Dick Cheney was evil, pure evil. (No surprise I hear that he doesn't have a heartbeat anymore. Evil doesn't need a heart.)

I don't think Joe Biden is evil at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2010, 11:26 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,174,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Every penny minted.
I think California is going to prove a challenge to them.

Look at Prop 23. On one side, you have the oil companies and the Teabag funders. On the other side you have Google, Microsoft, and the director of Avatar.

It always seems like there is this battle going on in California between old and new economies, between old and new ideas.

Old 10-23-2010, 11:29 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,410,530 times
California proves its collective ignorance and stupidity yet again. Partisanship at all costs. Honestly, we couldn't be more provincial and closed-minded in this state if we tried.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:10 AM

7,372 posts, read 16,019,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
No. I think Dick Cheney was evil, pure evil. (No surprise I hear that he doesn't have a heartbeat anymore. Evil doesn't need a heart.)

I don't think Joe Biden is evil at all.
Can't say I disagree with that. Biden is dumb though. No getting around it.
I think they're both least dangerous playing golf or tiddlywinks.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:26 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,489,025 times
Quote:
Can't say I disagree with that. Biden is dumb though. No getting around it.
I think they're both least dangerous playing golf or tiddlywinks.
I think they should go hunting together!

Old 10-24-2010, 12:30 AM

7,372 posts, read 16,019,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
I think they should go hunting together!
I thought of that too, but I bet "Deadeye Dick" can do some pretty amazing things with tiddlywinks. Some filed edges on those suckers and Joe's a blind man.

Old 10-24-2010, 08:40 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times
Whatever Bush did is ancient history. I feel that there have been many horrible things happening since Obama took office and my opinion is that Obama and his Congress have been doing a poor job. It is not the time to affix blame. We are in crisis and the most important thing is to fix what's wrong, and IMO that's most of the incumbents. I think that at very worst the replacements would do no worse than the current batch, and the newly elected politicians might be more careful about what they do considering the example of the ones thrown out of office.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:08 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,378,874 times
Quote:
Bush and congress (Republican in the first half, Democrat in the second) was a bad mix of mismanagement. Obama and his Democrat congress is just exponentially worse. Bush's fault, Obama's fault. Frankly, they both suck. Can we leave it at that?
So by your logic, if someone gets shot, and I try to come in and help the guy while he's on the floor bleeding, and I don't do that good of a job, it's my fault that the guy got shot?

Old 10-24-2010, 09:09 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,378,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhugeLiang View Post
California proves its collective ignorance and stupidity yet again. Partisanship at all costs. Honestly, we couldn't be more provincial and closed-minded in this state if we tried.
Practice what you preach, I certainly don't ever see you being impartial.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:14 AM

5,546 posts, read 10,001,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
Americans began hurting and fearing for their future long before Obama took office.

Growth or recession in 2007? - USATODAY.com
This is so true. I never met a Bush I liked, even way back when. But Jr. just ruined things. I knew the morning after the 2004 election we were sunk. I just had no idea how sunk we really would become.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies