Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 10:46 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, at least the majority of citizens of one state have their heads screwed on right.
More like screwed on backwards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 10:47 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,903,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Sorry I forgot to put ILLEGAL there my mistake.............

What I do mean is Californians keep voting in those that refuse to stop illegal immigration.

See you didn't mention the welfare problem..........
As I said, immigration isn't a state responsibility. Legal or illegal. It is exclusively federal. California voters aren't voting in any state officials that refuse to stop illegal immigration. They can't act on immigration. Federal law doesn't allow states to enforce immigration. If you don't know this perhaps you shouldn't be commenting on it until you educate yourself as to how your governments, state and federal, work.

As for not mentioning the welfare problem, well, I don't consider it a problem of priority significance.
Welfare recipients aren't causing unjust wars,
they aren't destroying the environment we all rely on,
they don't create and market superfluous products that poison our minds and bodies,
they don't manipulate and rape the nation's economy causing hardship for the average American.
I consider those much more important threats. And those threats are committed by the nation's most highly educated and capable and "successful" individuals.

Those individuals have more than enough money to solve every problem our society struggles with, yet they are willing to sacrifice nothing for their fellow man. They prefer to manipulate the opinions of small minded citizens to focus on the less fortunate as the root of the nation's problems.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:13 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
As I said, immigration isn't a state responsibility. Legal or illegal. It is exclusively federal. California voters aren't voting in any state officials that refuse to stop illegal immigration. They can't act on immigration. Federal law doesn't allow states to enforce immigration. If you don't know this perhaps you shouldn't be commenting on it until you educate yourself as to how your governments, state and federal, work.
These people make it easy to be an illegal in the United States and yes, they were voted in by the people of CA..............
Pelsoi, Boxer, Fienstein & Jerry Brown to name a few.... Governor Brown signed the second half of California’s “DREAM Act”. The bill gives illegal aliens in-state tuition to California’s universities and access to state-funded financial aid. Pelsoi made San Francisco a safe haven for illegals.

You ought to learn who and how people are voted in before commenting on Californians not voting in Representatives of their state.
Quote:
As for not mentioning the welfare problem, well, I don't consider it a problem of priority significance.
Welfare recipients aren't causing unjust wars,
they aren't destroying the environment we all rely on,
they don't create and market superfluous products that poison our minds and bodies
I agree here.............

Quote:
they don't manipulate and rape the nation's economy causing hardship for the average American.
I consider those much more important threats. And those threats are committed by the nation's most highly educated and capable and "successful" individuals.
I disagree here, just what do they do to contribute to society, they're making working class people pay for their bad choices. Have you ever been to a welfare complex you'd think differently about destroying the environment.

California makes it easy to be an illegal...... In a unanimous decision, the California Supreme Court rule that illegal immigrants can be eligible for the same reduced tuition at public colleges and universities as legal residents of the state.
Yeah no problem with welfare........California, with three million illegal aliens, suffers costs exceeding $8 billion annually to pay for their medical, educational, welfare, crime and prisons. Little wonder that state is $38 billion in debt. More than $12,000 from the state’s Temporary Assistance was extracted at XXX-rated establishments.

Treat yourself to educating yourself on welfare in CA.................
Livin' The High Life On California's Welfare - Greg Hengler
The Representatives of CA that citizens have "VOTED" in know this is a problem and should bring it to the governments attention.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
These people make it easy to be an illegal in the United States and yes, they were voted in by the people of CA..............
Pelsoi, Boxer, Fienstein & Jerry Brown to name a few.... Governor Brown signed the second half of California’s “DREAM Act”. The bill gives illegal aliens in-state tuition to California’s universities and access to state-funded financial aid. Pelsoi made San Francisco a safe haven for illegals.

You ought to learn who and how people are voted in before commenting on Californians not voting in Representatives of their state.

I disagree here, just what do they do to contribute to society, they're making working class people pay for their bad choices. Have you ever been to a welfare complex you'd think differently about destroying the environment.

California makes it easy to be an illegal...... In a unanimous decision, the California Supreme Court rule that illegal immigrants can be eligible for the same reduced tuition at public colleges and universities as legal residents of the state.
Yeah no problem with welfare........California, with three million illegal aliens, suffers costs exceeding $8 billion annually to pay for their medical, educational, welfare, crime and prisons. Little wonder that state is $38 billion in debt. More than $12,000 from the state’s Temporary Assistance was extracted at XXX-rated establishments.

Treat yourself to educating yourself on welfare in CA.................
The Representatives of CA that citizens have "VOTED" in know this is a problem and should bring it to the governments attention.
You said that the people of California vote in state government that refuses to stop illegal immigration ... state government is not empowered to control immigration. Period. Now you appear to be saying that the California representatives and senators to the federal congress are responsible for not stopping illegal immigration? California is one state of 50, yet somehow Pelosi and Boxer control the other 49 states to gain a majority? I did not know that.

The Dream Act has nothing to do with allowing illegal immigration.
Pelosi has not made San Francisco a "haven" for illegals. Among other things, San Francisco is probably the country's most expensive city to live in. How many illegals can find that a "haven"?

When cities declare that they are "sanctuary", they are declaring that they will not use municipal resources to enforce federal immigration laws which they are not empowered to enforce. State and local budgets are stretched to the max these days. Immigration is 100% a federal responsibility. Why would local governments spend their budgets trying to feed illegals to the feds when the feds don't even want local government to do that? The federal immigration folks have publicly stated that they cannot handle local round ups. The feds have established a prioritizing policy for removing illegals. They are removing more now than ever before in history -- while at the same time illegals are leaving the U.S. on their own in record numbers as well.

Quote:
Only 327,577 people were caught crossing illegally from the Mexican border last year--a number that hasn't been so low since the days of Richard Nixon's presidency, according to the Washington Post.
The Department of Homeland Security says total border apprehensions for fiscal year 2011, which ended last September 30, are down 53.5 percent from 2008.
In 2000, when far fewer Border Patrol officers were stationed on the Southern border than today, a record-breaking 1.6 million illegal immigrants were caught trying to cross. Experts say three major factors are slowing illegal border-crossing: the stagnant American economy; a border that is manned with more officers and better technology; and the new hazards associated with crossing illegally since drug gangs have seized control of human smuggling routes.

As for "making it easy to be an illegal" -- well, there just simply is nothing "easy" about being an illegal. There IS, however, lots VERY easy about being born an American and not having to do a thing to earn the rights you are given.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:

I disagree here, just what do they do to contribute to society, they're making working class people pay for their bad choices. Have you ever been to a welfare complex you'd think differently about destroying the environment...
I am 100% sure that I know more, intimately, about welfare and welfare 'complexes' than anyone on this board. I will not explain other than to say I was intimately exposed to welfare issues and government policies since birth. No, my family was not a welfare recipient.

Quote:
... Treat yourself to educating yourself on welfare in CA.................
Do you think for one moment that government is not aware of welfare issues?

When you ask what do welfare recipients contribute to society, remember I never said they did contribute. Nor did I say they aren't a drain. I said I don't consider them to be nearly the problem that I consider the highly educated, powerful, uber-wealthy to be. The people who have recently all but destroyed America's economy were not welfare recipients. And the amount of money it takes to subsidize welfare is spit in a bucket to the wealth of our oligarchic ruling class of uber-elites. And these are the parasites, leeching you dry of your life's blood -- and couldn't care less about you if you were on welfare yourself.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:31 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,522,129 times
Based on this old topic, 60% of Californians are idiots. The rest of us are not.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:53 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Anyone who blames one guy for the economy is an idiot. So that's 95%? That sounds about right actually.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:52 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,818,404 times
Thumbs up No Wonder The GOP Has Been Staying Away From The Economy, Most Americans Still Blame Bush

This must be the reason why the GOP has been attacking women and other social issues, while avoiding everything to do with the economy. A new gallup poll finds most americans still feel Bush is to blame for the economic crisis.

The results came out to:

90% of democrats feel Bush is to blame

67% of independents feel Bush is to blame

And the surprising thing is 49% of republicans feel Bush is to blame.

In the end resulting with 68% of americans overall feel Bush is the reason for the economic downturn.

Most say Bush to blame for weak U.S. economy, poll finds | Reuters

Old 06-14-2012, 10:01 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,470,546 times
Most also blame Obama according to the same poll. Nice try. IMO, both Bush and Obama deserve some blame (along with Clinton and Congresses for the past 20 years or so).

And, no, the GOP has not been "staying away from the economy." Romney has been almost solely focused on the economy in his campaign.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:02 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,134,905 times
People are complete idiots if they blame Bush for the downturn. The President's powers when it comes to economic growth are a lot more limited than most people think. He is not any more responsible for the disastrous economy than Obama. Blaming Bernanke or especially Greenspan would be more accurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies