Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 12:11 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,174,356 times

Advertisements

Yeah! Bush and that majority Republican Congress and Senate sure did a great job for America when they started the Iraq war and passed the Patriot Act! There's nothing like an off-budget war (paid for by dollars borrowed from the Chinese) and a bill that slices and dices your Constitutional freedoms!

Give us more Republican leadership! Perhaps we could all be living in cardboard boxes in another 20 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2010, 12:18 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,224,933 times
Moved, this isn't even close to a California discussion.

Old 10-24-2010, 01:08 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,410,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
Practice what you preach, I certainly don't ever see you being impartial.
Frankly, you're not exactly the best judge of being impartial.

Old 10-24-2010, 04:24 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Wow..California is slowly but surely coming around.
The further away we get from Bush being President the less folks are believing the "it's Bush's fault" reasoning. After 2 years 35% of California are shaking their fists at Obama. That says alot to me.

Old 10-24-2010, 04:50 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
There is plenty of blame to go around. The banks, the congress that let the housing bubble of Freddie and Fannie get out of hand.

People buying homes they could NOT afford. Realtors looking to make bucks on bad mortgages that didn't even pay the full interest on the loan till it adjusted making the actual mortgage principle grow to a higher principle.

Banks that bundled up bad mortgages and sold them as triple rated. Alot of bad deals which made it happen. builders raised the price of a home when the interest rate on a mortgage went down. They all got greedy and stupid. Where were the brains out there? Didn't anyone have common sense?

Old 10-24-2010, 05:03 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Just as critical, from your own link:

But only 27% of California voters say the current policies of the federal government have put the U.S. economy on the right course.
In blue states like California, negative vibes are not attributed to the action of democrats, only republicans.

Old 10-24-2010, 05:19 PM

401 posts, read 473,858 times
Spot on.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by native56 View Post
After 20 months of BO people are hurting and afraid for their future. Obama's big government approach is scaring business so they are afraid to expand and hire.

I believe that BO wants the American economic system to fail so that people will have no choice but to rely on big government.
This thread could have stopped here. This comment is spot on.

I recently moved to California. What an example of big government gone BAD. Many liberal people here are absolutely clueless with regard to the "real" issues at hand. They are losing their constitutional rights, supporting non-contributing/non tax paying illegal aliens, and destabilizing their state and country. They think that their hybrid vehicles are going to save the world (should have gone clean turbo diesel imho). They buy into all of the Global Warming scam. Meanwhile, Al Gore and all of his buddies (Obama/Boxer) are getting richer off of cap and trade and carbon credits. I really think Californians are too idealistic and take people at face value. I am really curious to see what happens with Prop 23. The middle class needs jobs and this could be a great way to make it happen. My guess is that the hippies will pass proposition 19 (which i support for revenue only) so they can "forget about" the real world issues as they vote down prop 23.

Back to the Quote above. This is the goal of the far left. It is their ultimate goal so a few at the highest level can become rich on carbon credit exchange.

Old 10-24-2010, 05:47 PM

9 posts, read 4,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
Banks failed and stock markets crashed September 16, 2008 during Bush term. Obama took office Jan. 20, 2009. How can anyone in their right mind blame Obama for the financial crisis? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!!!!!

People can blame Obama because he walked into the election in 2008 like he was Superman, ready to save America, look now, the country is still in limbo, the world is still in danger, where is the Change??? He will probably be two terms anyway since the Republicans will be the majority after November. They are right now saying they have a solution, I bet in 2012, the economy will still be bad, so Obama could go back to doing what he does best, blaming Republicans for America's troubles.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:27 PM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,240,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
In blue states like California, negative vibes are not attributed to the action of democrats, only republicans.
You mean like those republicans who were in power for 9 of the past 11 years, and presided over failure after fiasco after lie, after failure? Under whose watch two very expensive wars were started (and are still not finished, creating a new record-length conflict for the US in Afghanistan...), not to mention a recession of the likes not seen since the great depression?

Yeah how STUPID of us to put any blame for these problems on THEM.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:35 PM

4,566 posts, read 4,104,044 times
This is a Bush Administration developed problem. The economic booms of the Bush era were based on bubbles just waiting to pop.

Obama has just failed to clean it up as quickly as people would like, and people don't want to pay the cost of fixing problems that they benefitted from.

I think if Republicans get in and play obstruction though, they have no hope of winning anything in 2012, unless they jerrymander the hell out of the country. They'll help alienate the independents and energize the left. The question is, can Obama capitalize on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies