Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 09:49 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times

Advertisements

so that if it doesn't happen, they and their democrat allies, obama and the Left, will be able to claim "victory"?

I distrust all these stories about the catastrophic, massive defeat the dems will suffer at the polls next week.

Like this story;

Midterm blowout: 50 or more Dem seats set to fall in the election - TheHill.com (http://thehill.com/house-polls/thehill-poll-week-4/126001-blowout-50-or-more-dem-seats-set-to-fall - broken link)

Quote:
Republicans are headed for a blowout election win that seems certain to seize more than enough seats to knock out the Democrats and take control of the House.

The Hill 2010 Midterm Election poll, surveying nearly 17,000 likely voters in 42 toss-up districts over four weeks, points to a massive Republican wave that, barring an extraordinary turnaround, will deliver crushing nationwide defeats for President Obama’s party.
Isn't this a bit over the top? Remember who these people are - Leftists to the core, in the newsrooms, the pollsters, the reporters, the editors - the vast majority are Lefties and will do all they can to aid obama and the dems.

They should not be trusted!

Predictions like this;

New Polls Suggest Sizable GOP Landslide - Hotline On Call

Quote:
A new spate of polls this week suggests that the GOP tidal wave Republicans have been anticipating and Democrats have been fearing is beginning to form.

Some of the polls are so striking that next Wednesday, the day after the midterm election, observers may turn to these surveys as a symbol of when the bottom fell out for Democrats.
Or from the election "gurus";

Cook Political Ups Projected Democratic Losses To 48 to 60 - Hotline On Call
Larry J. Sabato's Crystal Ball
Morning Jay: Special "Penultimate Predictions" Edition! | The Weekly Standard
House Ratings | The Rothenberg Political Report
G.O.P. Now Favored to Win 50-Plus House Seats - NYTimes.com

Remember, these people have an agenda to see that conservatives are damaged as much as possible and for the dems retain their majorities. What better way to deflate the conservative brand than to manufacture such high expectations only to see the opposite on election night.

This "consensus" by the pundit, experts and media is suspicious, they cannot be trusted!

Just get out and vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 09:53 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,471,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Remember, these people have an agenda to see that conservatives are damaged as much as possible and for the dems retain their majorities. What better way to deflate the conservative brand than to manufacture such high expectations only to see the opposite on election night.

This "consensus" by the pundit, experts and media is suspicious, they cannot be trusted!

Just get out and vote.
More conspiracy theories, I never would have seen that coming.

While you're busy cherry picking articles the media has been reporting gains over the last few weeks. Many races are now within margin of error or neck and neck. This is no secret and nobody is "hiding" anything from you.

Maybe take a tutorial on google when you're not spamming forums?

Old 10-26-2010, 09:55 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
More likely so that Conservative voters won't be motivated thinking that it is a shoe in. Conservatives need to get out there and vote, take a friend! We already know there is voter fraud on the left being reported. Sheer numbers of Conservatives voting is the best insurance policy to Flip this House!

Old 10-26-2010, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
More likely so that Conservative voters won't be motivated thinking that it is a shoe in. Conservatives need to get out there and vote, take a friend! We already know there is voter fraud on the left being reported. Sheer numbers of Conservatives voting is the best insurance policy to Flip this House!
Polls already show that more Dems are voting early than republicans. However that doesn't account for the Indy vote. Although on that note, a recent poll showed many of them are still undecided at this point.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Polls already show that more Dems are voting early than republicans. However that doesn't account for the Indy vote. Although on that note, a recent poll showed many of them are still undecided at this point.
LOL. What "polls" would that be?

United States Elections Project

Old 10-26-2010, 10:10 PM

Again, perhaps you should try to use google?

Quote:
More Democrats than Republicans cast early ballots in a handful of key states...
Quote:
While it is impossible to know who they voted for, more Democrats than Republicans cast early ballots in Louisiana, Iowa, Maryland, North Carolina and West Virginia.
Quote:
In Democratic Clark County, which encompasses Las Vegas, Democrats have cast 47 percent of the 121,995 early ballots compared to 38 percent for Republicans
Quote:
In West Virginia, where Democrats have a whopping 30-point advantage in early voting...

So as I said, we are currently seeing a higher turnout of registered Democrat voters in this election in key areas.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Again, perhaps you should try to use google?
So as I said, we are currently seeing a higher turnout of registered Democrat voters in this election in key areas.
Where are the links? You surely don't expect us to believe what you're saying without some backup do you?

Btw, WV "democrats" are not your typical democrat, considering they disapprove of obama by 60+% and hate his obamacare even more, with 60+% wanting it repealed. Now ask yourself if those "democrats" would be voting for a rubber stamp for obama.

WV dems came out in record numbers in 2008 too, and voted against obama.

Your second quote from the article mentions Maryland, and you see when they wrote that, saying Maryland voters started voting, well, they hadn't started yet. Ooops.

Oh btw, those quotes of yours are old, from last week. WV is less than 20 Today. See the link I so graciously gave to you, that tracks early voting across the nation.

Read it and weep.

Ohhhh...look at CO, where the dems have a 5+% registration advantage.

And just take a peek at FL - 52-36% advantage for Rep.

Wow! Look at Maine - tied up!

Wow! Look at PA - 20 point lead for GOP!

But really, what does early voting have to do with the possibility the "consensus" of a massive, crushing democratic defeat is a sham manufactured by the media?

Last edited by sanrene; 10-26-2010 at 10:29 PM..

Old 10-26-2010, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Where are the links? You surely don't expect us to believe what you're saying without some backup do you?

Btw, WV "democrats" are not your typical democrat, considering they disapprove of obama by 60+% and hate his obamacare even more, with 60+% wanting it repealed. Now ask yourself if those "democrats" would be voting for a rubber stamp for obama.

WV dems came out in record numbers in 2008 too, and voted against obama.

Your second quote from the article mentions Maryland, and you see when they wrote that, saying Maryland voters started voting, well, they hadn't started yet. Ooops.

Oh btw, those quotes of yours are old, from last week. WV is less than 20 Today. See the link I so graciously gave to you, that tracks early voting across the nation.

Read it and weep.

Umm, it's an AP article and was on yahoo. Again, do you know how to use google?

You seem to be chasing your tail here. In your opening post you claim that the MSM is conspiring to make us believe the GOP is ready to crush the Dems. But ONLY because they know this probably won't happen and they can then "Claim victory" for Obama. Yet in your follow up posts you argue that more GOP voters are turning out then Dems, as if to elude to a massive victory for the Republicans. You contradict yourself often, but even this is a stretch, lol. Which one is it?

Personally I think you're trying to save face here. You've spent months (years) of your life on this forum predicting doom and gloom for the Dems in the midterms. The last few weeks things have really tightened up and it appears that it's not going to be the blood bath you'd like it to be. So instead you've created this thread out of sheer ego, to spare yourself from the humiliation you did in 2008 after all your "polls".

Again, as I've said (please read carefully) we're seeing more Dems show up in key areas early, however this doesn't necessarily mean anything since Indy's are the real vote to look for. It does mean however that the Dem base has been whipped up and is ready to vote to prevent these dangerous liars and nutjobs from taking seats.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Yet in your follow up posts you argue that more GOP voters are turning out then Dems, as if to elude to a massive victory for the Republicans. You contradict yourself often, but even this is a stretch, lol. Which one is it?
Just pointing out YOUR error in relying on an article from last week - things have changed a bit since then.

Quote:
Personally I think you're trying to save face here. You've spent months (years) of your life on this forum predicting doom and gloom for the Dems in the midterms. The last few weeks things have really tightened up and it appears that it's not going to be the blood bath you'd like it to be. So instead you've created this thread out of sheer ego, to spare yourself from the humiliation you did in 2008 after all your "polls".
Hilarious!! Have you read what the political-gurus have to say? Nearly every article is predicting a dem defeat, a crushing dem defeat and I've listed some, there are plenty more. And yet, I'm trying to save face from the devastating losses the REPUBLICANS will have!! Nearly every guru, including lefty Nate is saying the House is gone, but I'm trying to save face!! Hilarious and utterly absurd.

Quote:
Again, as I've said (please read carefully) we're seeing more Dems show up in key areas early, however this doesn't necessarily mean anything since Indy's are the real vote to look for. It does mean however that the Dem base has been whipped up and is ready to vote to prevent these dangerous liars and nutjobs from taking seats.
Where? Just provide a current link - but what could be better than the one I provided?

Well, if you're counting on the Indies, again, the media is telling you the Indies are breaking for the GOP big time.

I don't trust the media and their narrative, that's what I'm saying and I wouldn't put it past them to push the "catastrophic defeat" narrative. Their newsrooms and polling units are filled with leftists after all, full of lies, deceit and trickery.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:46 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times
Interesting points of view. Thanks for the contrasting perspectives. I have already voted by absentee, and I voted against every incumbent where possible. This meant voting against some people I actualy like, but it's the only way to get rid of professional politicians and break the power of special interests. If everyone does that, in time we the people will regain control of the government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies