Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 09:11 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
What did you think of the article?
I thought this was interesting.

Quote:
Democrats and Republicans are battling over whether the Bush tax cuts should be extended to the richest 2.7 percent of Americans next year. They shouldn’t be, of course. The rich don’t spend nearly as much of their incomes as everyone else, and the $36 billion windfall they’d otherwise get could be better spent saving the jobs of teachers, fire fighters, and police officers who do spend almost all their incomes.
t r u t h o u t | Robert Reich | The Tortoise Economy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 09:18 AM

4,301 posts, read 7,035,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Are you for real? when did the Repugs get a budget under control? talk about drinking the kool-aid.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:18 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
My point is that the damage caused by the Dem controlled congress was exascebated by having a Dem in the White House. The Dems are so tone deaf they think this awful economy is just dandy.
No, this is your fantasy. Isn't it time to wake up?

Old 10-29-2010, 09:29 AM

Quote:
My point is that the damage caused by the Dem controlled congress was exascebated by having a Dem in the White House. The Dems are so tone deaf they think this awful economy is just dandy.

My point will be proven on Tuesday when the Demns get their eviction notice.
If Republicans win, the only ones getting eviction notices will be Americas middle class. While the filthy rich are wining and dining at the finest restaurants, this is where many Americans will be eating.

Last edited by jojajn; 10-29-2010 at 09:41 AM..

Old 10-29-2010, 09:40 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,226,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Are you for real? when did the Repugs get a budget under control? talk about drinking the kool-aid.

oh I forgot good news about the economy doesn't support the lies from the right... oh well deal.
You mean the good news on foreclosures and unemployment and consumer sentiment all that is great news to you.

talk about drinking Kook aide, tell those losing their houses its good news, tell those unemployed its good news.

Goosed news is change is coming get ready

Old 10-29-2010, 09:46 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
There is true hope now as the republicans are about to take the house where money is spent. The light at the end of the tunnel is flood of 60 or so new republicans who want to get the budget under control.
Go to that light embrace that light. That light is true hope
I hope they will be successful. So far the rate has improved from -6% to +2%, which is 8% improvement and DOW had improved nearly 100%. If the Republicans can beat those numbers in two years, then we'll be looking real good in begining of 2013 The DOW will be 22 000 and GDP will be growing at 10%. I am not partisan, so I'll take those numbers coming from anyone.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:48 AM

Quote:

My point will be proven on Tuesday when the Demns get their eviction notice.
If republicans win the house and things don't improve, that will be the last time the repubs win any election! With internet, Americans have a better memory.

The repubs better put their accomplishments where their big mouths are because our country's youth lean democratic and they will decide the 2012 election!

Old 10-29-2010, 09:51 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
If republicans win the house and things don't improve, that will be the last time the repubs win any election! With internet, Americans have a better memory.

The repubs better put their accomplishments where their big mouths are because our country's youth lean democratic and they will decide the 2012 election!
The country's youth are the ones angry. They have college degrees, big student loans and can't even find jobs flipping burgers.

Will they learn their lesson about "following the masses" ?
Who knows. I guess we'll see when they are mandated to get health insurance on a $100/paycheck job.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:59 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,226,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I hope they will be successful. So far the rate has improved from -6% to +2%, which is 8% improvement and DOW had improved nearly 100%. If the Republicans can beat those numbers in two years, then we'll be looking real good in begining of 2013 The DOW will be 22 000 and GDP will be growing at 10%. I am not partisan, so I'll take those numbers coming from anyone.
the republicans in the hose will not beat this numbers. What they can do is initiate budget cuts in forms of bills and let the Senate and president kill them. The Dem's will then never again be able to claim budget responsibility.
The first thing the Republican need to do is not allow a budget in on year to be more than 500 billion dollar deficit. make the Dem's reject it in Senate make the president veto it. Show then for what they are

Old 10-29-2010, 10:03 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,758,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post

They will as long as Obama doesn't turn into the President of no. I am not too concerned because as you say the electorate has. Along memory and I think they will remember how tha hope and changey thing worked out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies