Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 11:31 PM

952 posts, read 942,714 times

Advertisements

Democrats are gonna be massacred on Nov. 2

Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall....

cautious optimism might be in order

...unless one relishes the taste of Humble Pie or egg on the face
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 11:37 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Oh, for G*d's sake! Get out the tinfoil.
Why it's true. Tom Ridge admitted it

Old 10-30-2010, 09:06 AM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,363,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I would advise against counting your chickens yet. Obama could always concoct something that could sway the election......like maybe a terrorist threat/pull UBL out of his cave.
I'll second that. Don't get caught up in comparisons to 1994. Remember Obama's assurance to dems that "the big difference between 2010 and 1994 is you've got me".

Old 10-30-2010, 09:46 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times
Actually according to the latest newsweek poll, Obama's approval ratings have soared to 54% and 48% will be likely voting dem, while only 42% republican. This won't be an all out slaughter like the democrats handed the republican last time around. More likely a slap on the wrist.

http://www.newsweek.com/2010/10/22/p...-fired-up.html

Old 10-30-2010, 09:51 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
OK - Oregon, where I live, is usually a heavy liberal state. I spend a lot of time travelling up and down the main I-5 corridor between Eugene and Portland (which is a mostly traditionally democratic region), and places in between.

In the last two months, 80% of the political signage that is visible from the interstate is Republican based, and that % may be higher in residential areas. This is incredible, as the eastern region of the state (which is much more rural) is mostly conservative.

If Oregon is anything of a litmus test for the rest of the country, it is no wonder why Obama and his henchmen are grasping at any sign of life they can. As of the last couple of weeks, 90% of the political attack ad's on the TV are from the democratic base. Have the Republican candidates decided to refrain, as victory is imminent?

I plan to relax in front of my TV on election night and witness America stand up for its freedom and integrity. If you agree with the content of this thread, chime in.

If not, let us know what your loser in chief's next move will be.
I am going to relax and watch as stupid cons put Republicans back in power and actually believe they are going to do something. As for Obama, he had better spend the weekend in the gym trying to stiffen up his weak spine and then go back to to the White House and look for the VETO stamp he seems to not be able to find.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:53 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Actually according to the latest newsweek poll, Obama's approval ratings have soared to 54% and 48% will be likely voting dem, while only 42% republican. This won't be an all out slaughter like the democrats handed the republican last time around. More likely a slap on the wrist.

Poll: Obama Approval Jumps, Dems More Fired Up - Newsweek
It is going to be bad. If the Democrats lose less than 50 seats, it will be considered a good night for them. They could lose 100.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:56 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I would advise against counting your chickens yet. Obama could always concoct something that could sway the election......like maybe a terrorist threat/pull UBL out of his cave.
He has been concocting something for almost 2 yrs. It's called "truth and reality". It is hoped that resonates to the American people enough, to get them out to vote. If it doesn't, then another 2 yrs of gridlock.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:56 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,161 times
Since both parties are corrupt and don't offer solutions, a change in majority is insignificant. It only helps those who think in black and white terms to feel superior or empowered. A Republican win will not result in a solution, it will only continue the impasse. We will continue to fight amongst ourselves while the powers that be, the ones that masquerade as a two-headed monster, will continue to do whatever their corporate overlords tell them to do. This is all emotional rape of the highest order.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:58 AM

3,805 posts, read 6,357,458 times
I'm a Democrat and I hope to high heaven that the Republicans win every single race next Tuesday. I'm sure that if they do, within 6 months, every single thing that ails this country will be fixed, my 401K will be restored to it's former glory, the value of my house will again be what it was in 2007, I'll have ten lucrative job offers to sort through, and I'll have magically shed the extra 20 pounds I have put on. They have all the answers and are just chomping at the bit to reverse all the disasters that befell this once perfectly run country prior to November, 2008. Bring them on! Let the miracles begin.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:59 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
My wish is for the Dems to pick up a couple of Senate seats, at least that would stop the gridlock and Legislators would have to Legislate. The "Gridlock" Party is hurting us very badly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies