Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 11:28 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,744,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
You lefties really need to do 2 things.

1. Stop with this non-sense of crimes committed far before any of us were even born. It's not relevant AT ALL.

2. The reason why whites hold most people in this country is because hmm...well gee, I don't know, because the U.S. is MAJORITY WHITE? Minority representation in government is in proportion, in my opinion, to the district and state populations. Plus minorities don't step up to the plate and run for office.

Why are you politicizing the issue? This topic has JACK **** to do with politics.

It's not just political jobs we're talking about here... as I mentioned earlier, despite minorities making up 20% of America, we somehow only make up 3.6% of the Fortune 500 CEOs (ie the people who actually have clout). White people run 96.3% of all fortune 500 companies (despite only being 80% of the population). You're telling me that out of the 60 million or so minorities in America (the population of Britain) you're telling me that only a millionth of us are capable of running these businesses (and well)? Most of the Fortune 500 aren't family businesses... CEO spots (in theory) are open to anybody who's qualified. The logical explanation for this is that white people had an advantage in attaining CEO level jobs over other racial groups at some point during our history, which anybody with a brain would realize is still true. Job discrimination is very real. Ignoring the past when looking at the present is the definition of ignoring/ not learning from history.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:28 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,315,282 times
They aren't. This is just another red herring argument based on lies.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:32 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Why are you politicizing the issue? This topic has JACK **** to do with politics.

It's not just political jobs we're talking about here... as I mentioned earlier, despite minorities making up 20% of America, we somehow only make up 3.6% of the Fortune 500 CEOs (ie the people who actually have clout). White people run 96.3% of all fortune 500 companies (despite only being 80% of the population). You're telling me that out of the 60 million or so minorities in America (the population of Britain) you're telling me that only a millionth of us are capable of running these businesses (and well)? Most of the Fortune 500 aren't family businesses... CEO spots (in theory) are open to anybody who's qualified. The logical explanation for this is that white people had an advantage in attaining CEO level jobs over other racial groups at some point during our history, which anybody with a brain would realize is still true. Job discrimination is very real. Ignoring the past when looking at the present is the definition of ignoring/ not learning from history.
And so what do you want to do? Place a minority in there that probably isn't as qualified as the white person, put him in a leadership position purely based on his skin color? That's pretty dumb, IMO. Minorities need to stop complaining so much, and step up to the plate instead. And by the way, yes you have to look at history to learn from the past to not make the same mistakes again, but too many liberals and minorities live in the past when it comes to demanding reparations for actions committed by whites over 100 years ago. If you want minority CEOs, then encourage blacks to invest in the company stock to get a preferable seat on the board of directors.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:33 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
Have you opened a history book? Does Adolf Hitler ring a bell? Does Dr. Josef Mengele ring any bells?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
I call BS. Racism is as old as humanity itself and Caucasians certainly have no monopoly on it.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Have you opened a history book? Does Adolf Hitler ring a bell? Does Dr. Josef Mengele ring any bells?
Hitler oh Hitler. That horse has been flogged sooooo many times to death, that Godwin's Law applies.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
I call BS. Racism is as old as humanity itself and Caucasians certainly have no monopoly on it.

I call you should actually try reading a history book sometime. In ancient western civilization, racism was NOT a hot topic; nationality and religious discrimination were. It is true that xenophobia has been around forever. However, there is nothing in history that we have discovered up to this point that points to skin color even being a conscious issue up until the 1400's. Race is a social construct... nothing more nothing less. It was not used as a means of subjugating others until the European invasion of the Americas. This was when the connection between "non whites" and "savages" became formed.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:39 PM

They were trying to create the perfect white Aryan race. That was my point. Blacks nor Hispanics have ever attempted such "eugenics" to horrifying extremes or results.

Quote:
Hitler oh Hitler. That horse has been flogged sooooo many times to death, that Godwin's Law applies.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:42 PM

Reverse discrimination is real. However, that doesn't take away the hatred that is rampant against minorities. People are plagued with "all or nothing thinking." Both forms of discrimination exist and they can happen at the same time .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
They aren't. This is just another red herring argument based on lies.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
They were trying to create the perfect white Aryan race. That was my point. Blacks nor Hispanics have ever attempted such "eugenics" to horrifying extremes or results.
So what's your point? That argument has been used billions of times to reinforce some notion that all or most white people are racist. It doesn't hold water anymore. Hitler was one man that had the majority of the military under his spell. Most Nazis only did what they did because if they didn't carry out their orders, they would have been executed by their superiors.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:46 PM

Quote:
And so what do you want to do? Place a minority in there that probably isn't as qualified as the white person, put him in a leadership position purely based on his skin color? That's pretty dumb, IMO. Minorities need to stop complaining so much, and step up to the plate instead. And by the way, yes you have to look at history to learn from the past to not make the same mistakes again, but too many liberals and minorities live in the past when it comes to demanding reparations for actions committed by whites over 100 years ago. If you want minority CEOs, then encourage blacks to invest in the company stock to get a preferable seat on the board of directors.

This is exactly why job discrimination exists. Why do you assume that the minority isn't as qualified as the white person? Unless the currently minority-run fortune 500 (the key word being fortune 500) are all crashing and burning, where's your proof? You just unwittingly stated the real reason why whites control a disproportionate amount of the businesses; our culture tells us that white people are more qualified simply by being white. You're not even white but you were still comfortable saying this...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies