Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2010, 10:59 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,199,065 times

Advertisements

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jym5qWCL89w

Old 11-14-2010, 11:01 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,199,065 times
So, it's fine and dandy that our forefathers smoked pot, that living presidents have smoked pot, drove drunk, that our previous VP drove drunk, a congressman killed a woman while driving drunk, but these black people who are profiled for whatever reason should just bend over and take it.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:41 AM

6,914 posts, read 14,764,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
So I was right, I am speaking to someone born in the 90s which means you have really no life experience to speak of yet. You sound intelligent, which means you already have the means to rise above being stuck in the ghetto with a victim mentality. At this point in time, it sounds like you have one foot in the grave already. Stop spewing this garbage about white people and make something of yourself!

I'm not in the ghetto.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:54 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,303,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
I'm not in the ghetto.
We're all in the ghetto according to them.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkDrinker View Post
Bulls*it... poverty has nothing to do with crime. For example India is a poor country yet the crime is pretty low. Also China was a poor country and the people didn't lived in misery and they tried to do better for themselves.
I don't want to be racist but if you look all over the world you'll find poverty+misery+crime where the blacks are (even if they rule and they represent the majority). Someone has to do a research on this to see if crime+misery are not part of their cultures and. One black said here he considers drug dealing part of his culture..

Hmm... what do all the places "where the blacks are" that have high crime have in common? Oh yeah... they were taken over by Europeans.

Haiti used to be a slave colony.

Nigeria used to be a British colony. The British Empire was quite possibly the single most racist empire in the world. They aggravated already-existing tensions between the three main regions/tribes (Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa) by giving one of the tribes more power over the others after independence. They set the country up to fail.

South Africa was a British/Dutch colony. One only has to look at Apartheid to know why this country is screwed up.

Brazil was at the heart of the latin american slave trade.

All of West Africa in general was at the heart of the slave trade.

Continue to pretend like you don't know the real reason why a lot of black countries have poor infrastructure. Continue to take everything I say out of my context and into yours.

The only thing I'll agree with is that poverty doesn't have much to do with crime. Culture has everything to do with crime. America has one of the most violent cultures in recent history. It also has one of the most racist cultures in recent history and one of the most media-driven cultures in recent history. There just might be a connection.

Old 11-14-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
According to you, all whites are basically evil whitey so no blacks should live around any whites, again, according to your theory. All blacks have been systematically victimized and discriminated against by whites, right? That's where you argument rests, isn't it, that you have a right to be angry at white people b/c they have done horrible things to you in the past? Can I ask your age, please?

Let's be honest here, black people aren't in too much danger if they were to be walking in a white neighborhood, even a white racist neighborhood, b/c in the racist neighborhoods, evil whitey is scared of them. Now turn that around, if I were to walk at night in a black neighborhood, even if the neighborhood isn't a black racist neighborhood, I'm taking a risk. I'm a little white girl, don't you think that makes me a target, even if the people there are not necessarily espousing any racism toward me?

Also according to your logic, b/c whites did some lynchings back in the day, that means it's okay for blacks to do horrible things to whites in 2010?

The key word was racist white neighborhoods. Are you denying the existence of these? 'Cause it sure sounds like it.

Actually you stand a FAR bigger chance of getting raped in small town America (see Iowa) by other whites than you do in any major city, let alone solely in the black neighborhoods.

And where did I say that lynchings justify murder again? The point of what I said was that back when more blacks lived closer to whites, there were more mob lynchings a year than there are black on white homocides in any of the years his statistics pointed out. The reason why there are more black on white homocides than white on black homocides nowadays is because blacks are able to avoid small town racist America. To deny that small town racist white America exists, though, is being willfully ignorant at best. Obviously not all whites at this point are racist or buy into the racist system. Most whites aren't. Similarly, most blacks aren't poor and out of the ones that are most don't involve themselves in illegal activity. The difference is that the media spends all day talking about issues in the poor black community and never does with issues in the poor white community, one of which being racism. Does this mean all poor whites are racist? No. Does the media portray all poor blacks (and especially young black males) as pimps, pushers and hustlers? Yes.

Old 11-14-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
We're all in the ghetto according to them.

Yeah really... and they'll still deny it vehemently of course. So apparently she's thought that I'm from or live in the ghetto the entire time I've been talking to her. smh

Old 11-14-2010, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Slavery is slavery. It did not start out as being about race. I will say that good slaves were strong and hard-working so that's saying at least something about the black man, that it is totally within their power to be strong and stop living off the gov't. Try to find a positive way to look at it instead of just playing the victim 150 years later.

Wow... did you seriously just say "good slaves"? What were the "bad slaves" then, slaves who didn't want to be slaves? Next you're going to tell me what a "good black person" is. There's about one mm of semantic difference between you saying "good slave" and "good boy". One is used to refer to a dog and the other is used to refer to what was legally the same as a dog.

Old 11-14-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
We are not talking about jail here. We are talking about racism! We are not talking about drug use prevalence, although I will say that you can't look at numbers when one population is significantly larger than the other. There are 230M whites in the U.S. and 38M blacks. That's about a 6:1 ratio. So yes, while whites may constitute more of the drug users and welfare recipients, you have to look at the percentages. I don't know the stats on drug use but I do know that blacks receive proportionally much more welfare than whites.

You'll learn about that if you take a statistics course your junior or senior year. Try taking AP Stats, it's a great class and you'll earn college credit if you pass the AP test. It will help you understand your numbers better so when you want to argue with white people, you might make some sense.

I might add that using your statistics on black incarceration for drugs, don't you think there might be a reason for that? White drug use is also a problem, but you don't really see too many whites shooting up the town b/c a drug deal went bad. Arguably, many of the drug arrests of whites are for pot, and I don't believe the same could be said for blacks. Whites maybe are just smart enough to not get caught. I'm just guessing here, there could be a number of reasons for it, but I wouldn't say that police discrimination is necessarily the cause. Unless you want to call higher patrol of known black drug areas discrimination.

Also, your excerpt states 1 in 20 black men are in jail versus 1 in 180 white men. Considering that there are so many fewer blacks in the U.S., don't you think that figure is quite startling? Also, the article does not state that all these jailed people are there for drugs, it says for all offenses. So, the point that is coming across to me is that black men are far more guilty of all crimes (including drugs and violent crimes) than white men. I don't think you really wanted to give me that information as it does not help your argument at all. Maybe you should take a debate class while you're at it, it will help you understand the concepts of creating an argument. One strategy to use when debating is addressing a problem before the other party brings it up and can use it against you. If you acknowledge there are bad problems in the black community when compared with whites BEFORE we sit here and start listing off reasons we don't want to step foot in a black ghetto, you'd have the upper hand and make us all respect you a little more.

News alert: The Somali pirates released the white people they had kidnapped last year! How relevant to this debate.

Newsflash: We are talking about jail here. If there are 5 times more white drug users than black drug users, then why are whites dramatically underrepresented in the jail system? I don't buy the "blacks draw more attention to themselves" argument. If I were to walk into Piedmont high right now, easily 1/3 of the lockers would contain an assortment of weed/thizz (ecstasy)/meth. Why have they NEVER brought the DEA to this school once? Because they're in a rich white enclave. The average income in Piedmont is over $180,000.

Old 11-14-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
I will respond to the rest of your nonsense later, as I just got up and I've got work to do. However on this unbelievable bit of avoidance above...you do realize, don't you, that the African slave capturers and traders knew full well they were selling their slaves into race slavery. UNless, of course, NinetiesFlava would like to produce a theory for the world to see, that the Africans were collectively all blind, and couldn't see that they were selling to Whites at the coastal trading/buying ports primarily along the west coast of Africa. Your entire theory is based on a false premise.

Wow...your arrogance is only matched by its ignorance. Dude, for real, learn some more about history. Try and not mentally block out the parts that contradict your theory. Also, um, I notice you didn't respond to my direct questions I had to repost. Odd, that. One would almost think you are avoiding it. You have to know how hard I'm laughing at you right now!

Do you even understand what race slavery is? Race slavery is when the people who enslave people of another race then go on to make a bunch of laws making said black slaves are sub-human because of their race - not because they're slaves - and create racist social attitudes accordingly. The facts are in any high school textbook. Freed slaves didn't stop being 3/5s of a man once they were free. They still had the same legal rights as dogs. This was NOT true before Europeans used African slaves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies