Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2010, 07:01 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,112,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post

Second, we are talking about the MODERN AGE.
Yes, I am the OP and I was talking about recent times. Everyone needs to stop bringing up ancient history like slavery and Jim Crow. We're 145 years past the end of slavery and almost 50 years past the end of Jim Crow.

Old 11-14-2010, 07:11 AM

1,372 posts, read 1,549,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Actually, I'm not a muslim, nor do I have a desire to be one.

I was born Christian but as of now I follow no organized religion but I do believe in God.

Nice try Zekester.

Actually there are MANY whites who are very well educated who will tell you the same thing I said.

I had an Italian professor in college who told me his ancestors were black.
I didn't "try" anything. I didn't call you a Muslim nor was I implying that you were. However, your misguided ideas about race and white origins place you in the same murky intellectual waters of crackpots like Elijah Muhammad well known for his pseudo-historical embellishments not to mention outright flights of fancy. The HUGE difference in east African civilizations like Egypt and those of west Africa seem to be lost on this Afrocentric myth maker.

Also, it's not at all surprising that your Italian college professor had black ancestors. After all, it is well known that the Moors invaded southern Italy around 800 AD. However, this same professor would no doubt laugh out loud at your other "creative" historical interpretations.

Last edited by Zekester; 11-14-2010 at 07:44 AM..

Old 11-14-2010, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post

Do you really think that people who aren't involved in the drug trade are oblivious to the fact that the people who tend to buy the drugs are white? Or are the blacks who aren't involved in it supposed to be dumb deaf and blind?

Here's a statistic for you about cigarette use among Sophomores in High School between the years 1975 and 1991.

http://monitoringthefuture.org/data/.../pr09cig10.pdf

Notice who's at the top every year. Here's the site it came from:

MTF Data Tables and Figures

Why were there are a higher percentage of underage whites using cigarettes than underage blacks? Explain that one to me.
The race element comes from the CIA targeting black communities with crack.

The vast majority of the jail population is drug related cases. Of those cases, the vast majority are non violent drug users and they aren't addicted. Your tax dollars are being used to lock up (not rehabilitate, simply lock up) drug users instead of being spent on schools. What happened to priorities?
Are you actually saying that almost no blacks use drugs?? I don't follow.

We're not talking about cigarettes. We're talking about racism and you're getting off topic. Even if we were talking about drugs, cigarettes are not at all the same thing.

The CIA *allegedly* targeted black communities with crack in the 1980s. This has not been proven and is a conspiracy theory. It is also the fault of the people who chose to use the crack, even if it is true. Please stop bringing it up as it does not help your case.

I'm not sure I would say the "vast majority" of people in jail are there for drugs and that the vast majority of those people are non-violent and aren't addicted. Where are you getting your figures? We're not talking about spending tax dollars on incarceration as opposed to school, we're talking about racism.

Racism, racism, racism. And specifically, the question is "Why are white people the only ones accused of being racist?"

Old 11-14-2010, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Actually no, I'm in high school.
So I was right, I am speaking to someone born in the 90s which means you have really no life experience to speak of yet. You sound intelligent, which means you already have the means to rise above being stuck in the ghetto with a victim mentality. At this point in time, it sounds like you have one foot in the grave already. Stop spewing this garbage about white people and make something of yourself!

Old 11-14-2010, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Well no **** I recognize that. Did Africans knowingly sell African slaves (who typically were prisoners of war, similar to the way the Greeks and the Romans did slavery) into race slavery? No. Please know what you're talking about before you speak on it.
Slavery is slavery. It did not start out as being about race. I will say that good slaves were strong and hard-working so that's saying at least something about the black man, that it is totally within their power to be strong and stop living off the gov't. Try to find a positive way to look at it instead of just playing the victim 150 years later.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:00 AM

Quote:
And maybe I've been right all along about white people overwhelmingly being the ones who buy and use illegal drugs... it would explain a lot about yourself. How insulting for you to suggest that I'm a crack baby, sarcasm or not.
Bahahahaha! You're so far off, it's funny.

How insulting for you to insinuate that the other poster is on drugs. Two wrongs don't make a right. Oh wait, you're in high school still so you haven't learned that yet...although I'm pretty sure my parents taught me that when I was in elementary school.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:01 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
The CIA used the profits they gained from selling cocaine to black people (why did they choose Ricky Ross in the first place?) to fund the Contras who opposed the Sandinistas (communists). They're literally responsible for the crack epidemic.
I watched a few more of those vids, but I couldn't get through them all. I'm not sure what to think at this point. Can you tell me which vid with the minutes time points that will show the compelling evidence you're talking about? I have a very difficult time buying into the idea that the government wanted to sell crack specifically to black people in order to have the money to fund the Contras to fight communism. It just sounds crazy to me. During that time, and before, drugs were rampant in the US. Plenty of whites were using through out the 70s, so simply targeting blacks seems far fetched. Turning a blind eye was a risk to the entire populace.

What I have been reading here and in other articles is noting that cocaine powder was being brought over and turned into crack on US soil. Is that the case? If so, then there would have to be direct involvement with the government to convert cocaine to crack, with full knowledge of greater addiction, and then distribute to the black community. Given that the conversion is pretty easy to do (simple chemistry), I can easily see drug dealers opting for crack cocaine without influence from the gov.

The argument further goes that the US gov intended to distribute in order to kill and imprison AAs. That's a huge CT and would require an unbelievable level of evil on part of the US gov. It's hard for me to think of humans generally being that evil. Sure, some are, but for such a vast CT it would have to include several hundred people. I just don't know how plausible it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Keep in mind that whites are the minority on this planet and never before did ANYONE judge others based on their skin color until whites started gaining more power.

There was no concept at that time on skin color. After the Portuguese started their slave trade in Africa that is when skin color racism began.
I suspect it might have been a matter of exposure. Slavery has always existed based on differences, be it class, religion, race, etc. A homogeneous society cannot differentiate based on race, to state the obvious.

Quote:
And the white people I speak of do not live in black neighborhoods (or Oakland for that matter), they live in rich white enclaves like Piedmont and Orinda. Drug use is rampant at Piedmont High. It's also lily white. What's your excuse for this?
Ninenties, I'm very impressed that you are a HS student. You speak well and come off as mature for your age. Good for you. As far as drugs in lily white schools go, it just goes to show that it's a problem every where, which is why I have a hard time believing in intentional targeting to the black community.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:08 AM

1,372 posts, read 1,549,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
So I was right, I am speaking to someone born in the 90s which means you have really no life experience to speak of yet. You sound intelligent, which means you already have the means to rise above being stuck in the ghetto with a victim mentality. At this point in time, it sounds like you have one foot in the grave already. Stop spewing this garbage about white people and make something of yourself!
I had a strong suspicion that "Nineties Flava" was a teenage kid. He's got all the arrogance and confidence that's part and parcel to the teen mind. Yeah, I once had it all figured out too, and then I grew up. The older I got and the more life experience I attained, the more I realized how simple and unrealistic my previous world view had been. I got wiser because I realized after a while that I didn't know it all. If he's lucky Mr. Flava will go through this same process as well, but then there are many people who go from the cradle to the grave without ever really growing up.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:16 AM

31 posts, read 34,182 times
Because ALL the racist hate groups are WHITE?

How many of these are Black? Hisipanic? Jewish? Muslim?

list-us-hate-groups

Hate Groups and Extremists

Old 11-14-2010, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Umm, wrong again. There are 5 times as many white drug users as there are black, which is directly proportional to the amount of white people there are in the US. Yet blacks get jailed 13.4 times as much for drugs than whites. Hmm...

"Our research shows that blacks comprise 62.7 percent and whites 36.7 percent of all drug offenders admitted to state prison, even though federal surveys and other data detailed in this report show clearly that this racial disparity bears scant relation to racial differences in drug offending. There are, for example, five times more white drug users than black. Relative to population, black men are admitted to state prison on drug charges at a rate that is 13.4times greaterthanthat of white men. In large part because of the extraordinary racial disparities in incarceration for drug offenses, blacks are incarcerated for all offenses at 8.2 times the rate of whites. One in every 20 black menover the age of 18 in the United States is in state or federal prison, compared to one in 180 white men."

United States - Punishment and Prejudice: Racial Disparities in the War on Drugs

Even if we were to speculate that this is due to blacks dealing more than whites, there is still a larger number of white drug dealers than black ones.

And keep calling me a crackhead. Whatever helps you sleep at night.
We are not talking about jail here. We are talking about racism! We are not talking about drug use prevalence, although I will say that you can't look at numbers when one population is significantly larger than the other. There are 230M whites in the U.S. and 38M blacks. That's about a 6:1 ratio. So yes, while whites may constitute more of the drug users and welfare recipients, you have to look at the percentages. I don't know the stats on drug use but I do know that blacks receive proportionally much more welfare than whites.

You'll learn about that if you take a statistics course your junior or senior year. Try taking AP Stats, it's a great class and you'll earn college credit if you pass the AP test. It will help you understand your numbers better so when you want to argue with white people, you might make some sense.

I might add that using your statistics on black incarceration for drugs, don't you think there might be a reason for that? White drug use is also a problem, but you don't really see too many whites shooting up the town b/c a drug deal went bad. Arguably, many of the drug arrests of whites are for pot, and I don't believe the same could be said for blacks. Whites maybe are just smart enough to not get caught. I'm just guessing here, there could be a number of reasons for it, but I wouldn't say that police discrimination is necessarily the cause. Unless you want to call higher patrol of known black drug areas discrimination.

Also, your excerpt states 1 in 20 black men are in jail versus 1 in 180 white men. Considering that there are so many fewer blacks in the U.S., don't you think that figure is quite startling? Also, the article does not state that all these jailed people are there for drugs, it says for all offenses. So, the point that is coming across to me is that black men are far more guilty of all crimes (including drugs and violent crimes) than white men. I don't think you really wanted to give me that information as it does not help your argument at all. Maybe you should take a debate class while you're at it, it will help you understand the concepts of creating an argument. One strategy to use when debating is addressing a problem before the other party brings it up and can use it against you. If you acknowledge there are bad problems in the black community when compared with whites BEFORE we sit here and start listing off reasons we don't want to step foot in a black ghetto, you'd have the upper hand and make us all respect you a little more.

News alert: The Somali pirates released the white people they had kidnapped last year! How relevant to this debate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies