Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2010, 12:14 AM

6,914 posts, read 14,762,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
Wow, you've been reaching for awhile, but you shouold have just admitted you are lost. Away we go!

"Me:
If you're not talking about poor black neighborhoods WITH CRIME when you say that whites are in danger by walking through them, then you are a closet racist. All the examples you brought up - Harlem, Bed Stuy, Newark - are all extremely high crime poor largely black neighborhoods.

You:
Yes. They are. That's exactly why I used them as examples. Our conversation was in that context, don't you remember? Secondly,this negates your assumption about closet racist."

Why are you using an already high crime neighborhood to prove that white visitors are somehow more in danger than the x number of blacks (largely males) who get killed every year? You are pulling this argument directly out of your posterior plain and simple.

"Me:
If you feel afraid walking through a black neighborhood that doesn't have high crime, you are a sad and confused individual.

You:
See above. Wow...that victim card doesn't go easily, does it? However, sadly for you, anyone reading this will see the context of the conversation, and now your repeated attempt at the race card."

PROVE that whites get beaten up/killed for being white in non-violent black neighborhoods.

"Me:
And of the victims that aren't involved in illegal activities in the above neighborhoods, how many of them are white? almost none of them. How many of them are black? Almost all of them. You have no data and no argument to stand on. You are purely making things up as you go along. I already lost my respect for you 3 pages ago.

You:
Here you really lose again. Yes, of the victims involved in illicit acitivities in said neigborhoods are black, BUT MOST PEOPLE IN SAID NEIGHBORHOODS ARE NOT INVOLVED IN ILLICIT ACTIVITIES.

That alone proves my point about you. You just denigrated your own people. The black people involved in illicit activities in high crime majority black peoiple do not represent their communities. They represent themselves, and they are the minority. You said before that whites are safe because its assumted they are potential customers. For your positoion to be both logically true, it must be then be true that most blacks in these areas are involved in those activities. Again, they aren't. You just denigrated your own people. Damn. As for data, I assume you posted that after I just posted some data."

Do you really think that people who aren't involved in the drug trade are oblivious to the fact that the people who tend to buy the drugs are white? Or are the blacks who aren't involved in it supposed to be dumb deaf and blind?

"Me:
My statement does not denigrate blacks. It actually denigrates the white people who don't live or work in the poor crime infested neighborhoods to buy drugs, which 99% of the time is the case.
You:
Can you provide a stat to back this up? It must match your 99% of the time...or you are pulling it out of your, um, posterior. I think you are frustrated. "

Here's a statistic for you about cigarette use among Sophomores in High School between the years 1975 and 1991.

file:///C:/Users/SUN/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png (broken link)file:///C:/Users/SUN/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png (broken link)http://monitoringthefuture.org/data/09data/pr09cig10.pdf

Notice who's at the top every year. Here's the site it came from:

MTF Data Tables and Figures

Why were there are a higher percentage of underage whites using cigarettes than underage blacks? Explain that one to me.

"Me:
Why was there a sentencing disparity between crack cocaine and pure cocaine up until very recently? Because poor people buy crack and rich people - generally rich white people - buy cocaine.
You:
I cant honestly answer that, as thats not my area of expertise. To hazard a guess though, by your OWN admission, crack was the most addictive drug of its time. Couple that with societys need to protect itself. Or you can believe the race card. Its up to you.

Dont you hate it when your own words are used against you? I also notice you didn't respond to my posts about the Trans-Atlantic slave trade."

Perhaps I should remind you of what the sentencing disparity was. Possession of 5 grams of crack warranted a 5 year minimum sentence while it took 500 grams - half a kilo - of cocaine to warrant the same minimum sentence. Both are extremely dangerous. Both are extremely addictive. The only difference was that crack was a poor people's drug and cocaine a rich people's drug. The race element comes from the CIA targeting black communities with crack.

The vast majority of the jail population is drug related cases. Of those cases, the vast majority are non violent drug users and they aren't addicted. Your tax dollars are being used to lock up (not rehabilitate, simply lock up) drug users instead of being spent on schools. What happened to priorities?

Old 11-14-2010, 12:17 AM

Quote:
More problems with your response. You do know, don't you, that your experience of wealthy whites going into black neighborhoods doesnt represent the vast majority of whites in black areas. First, I doubt this is even your entire experience, I think you are only looking at those examples, maybe among your (young) peer group, maybe among who you see. Do you realize you just got called on trying to establish a national rule based on your own limited, self-centered world view? Do you know how un-scientific that is?

Simply put, speak for yourself. Also, speak for Oakland, but its only one city. Maybe you haven't traveled yet. There are geographical set up differences across America. Here on the Beast coast, everyone is very close, so you can change racial demo's in 5 minutes, just walking. In Oaktown its different, more car oriented, spread across wider distances. In Chicago its more like NY, it Miami it differs again. Here in NY, I've been the only white guy around,as I've lived in mixed areas, had friends in the blackest areas, worked in dangerous areas, my (non-white) gf is in an area where I am the ONLY white guy around. Not to harp, but you made a really bad judgement when you said that, and it reveals you. Are you still in college? I can tell.

You seriously need to broaden your world view and knowledge base than saying ridiculously stupid things like whites are only in black areas to buy drugs. Its like saying blacks are only in white areas to rob people. For real man, you got burned bad on this, and thats not just my normal bragadaccio. Real talk man (if I may temporarily borrow a pop culture slang for a sec), you need to read some more. Stop hatin too.

I'm off to bed,its late here in the 5 boroughs. YOu should see it sometime, it might surprise you. Whites and Blacks living in harmony. I bet it bothers you, until you open up.

Actually no, I'm in high school.

Oakland is one of the most integrated cities in the country. New York City is one of the most historically racially divided cities in the country.

And the white people I speak of do not live in black neighborhoods (or Oakland for that matter), they live in rich white enclaves like Piedmont and Orinda. Drug use is rampant at Piedmont High. It's also lily white. What's your excuse for this?

Old 11-14-2010, 12:18 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Actually no, I'm in high school.
Suddenly everything makes sense.

Old 11-14-2010, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Do you care about blacks that sold other blacks into slavery? Of course not. Do you recognize the part that black Africans played in the slave trade that eventually lead to slavery in the United States? Of course not.

Well no **** I recognize that. Did Africans knowingly sell African slaves (who typically were prisoners of war, similar to the way the Greeks and the Romans did slavery) into race slavery? No. Please know what you're talking about before you speak on it.

Old 11-14-2010, 12:22 AM

Quote:
More problems with your response. You do know, don't you, that your experience of wealthy whites going into black neighborhoods doesnt represent the vast majority of whites in black areas. First, I doubt this is even your entire experience, I think you are only looking at those examples, maybe among your (young) peer group, maybe among who you see. Do you realize you just got called on trying to establish a national rule based on your own limited, self-centered world view? Do you know how un-scientific that is?

Simply put, speak for yourself. Also, speak for Oakland, but its only one city. Maybe you haven't traveled yet. There are geographical set up differences across America. Here on the Beast coast, everyone is very close, so you can change racial demo's in 5 minutes, just walking. In Oaktown its different, more car oriented, spread across wider distances. In Chicago its more like NY, it Miami it differs again. Here in NY, I've been the only white guy around,as I've lived in mixed areas, had friends in the blackest areas, worked in dangerous areas, my (non-white) gf is in an area where I am the ONLY white guy around. Not to harp, but you made a really bad judgement when you said that, and it reveals you. Are you still in college? I can tell.

You seriously need to broaden your world view and knowledge base than saying ridiculously stupid things like whites are only in black areas to buy drugs. Its like saying blacks are only in white areas to rob people. For real man, you got burned bad on this, and thats not just my normal bragadaccio. Real talk man (if I may temporarily borrow a pop culture slang for a sec), you need to read some more. Stop hatin too.

I'm off to bed,its late here in the 5 boroughs. YOu should see it sometime, it might surprise you. Whites and Blacks living in harmony. I bet it bothers you, until you open up.

Again, ACCORDING TO YOU we are only talking about black neighborhoods plagued by crime (ie drug dealing, murder, etc.) Unless the white people you speak of work in these neighborhoods, live in these neighborhoods or have family in them, what reason do they have to visit them (and not just pass through them)? The number one reason by far is to buy drugs.

Old 11-14-2010, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Well no **** I recognize that. Did Africans knowingly sell African slaves (who typically were prisoners of war, similar to the way the Greeks and the Romans did slavery) into race slavery? No. Please know what you're talking about before you speak on it.
So you're saying that black Africans sold other black Africans into slavery but you're ok with it because they didn't know it was race based slavery? I know exactly what I'm talking about and I speak it freely, give up trying to appear intelligent because it's not working out so well for you so far.

Old 11-14-2010, 12:28 AM

32 posts, read 43,436 times
Quote:
Racial slavery? Now you're making things up.

Old 11-14-2010, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
So you're saying that black Africans sold other black Africans into slavery but you're ok with it because they didn't know it was race based slavery? I know exactly what I'm talking about and I speak it freely, give up trying to appear intelligent because it's not working out so well for you so far.

Slavery was not racist until Europeans justified black slavery by asserting that black people were inferior to whites. Racism had nothing to do with West Africans selling African slaves.

Old 11-14-2010, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Slavery was not racist until Europeans justified black slavery by asserting that black people were inferior to whites. Racism had nothing to do with West Africans selling African slaves.
Maybe you've been right all along...

About the CIA and crack cocaine being pushed into black communities because that's the only thing that could possibly explain your level of insanity.

Old 11-14-2010, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Chupy View Post
Racial slavery? Now you're making things up.

This is a new term for you? Hmm... google is your friend here. I'm not going to waste my time explaining the difference to you between Greeks enslaving other Greeks over territory and whites in America making laws that stated that blacks were 3/5s of a man with tax purposes intended. I was hoping you could've figured this out by now. Sigh...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies