Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2010, 12:34 AM

6,914 posts, read 14,762,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Maybe you've been right all along...

About the CIA and crack cocaine being pushed into black communities because that's the only thing that could possibly explain your level of insanity.

And maybe I've been right all along about white people overwhelmingly being the ones who buy and use illegal drugs... it would explain a lot about yourself. How insulting for you to suggest that I'm a crack baby, sarcasm or not.

Old 11-14-2010, 12:40 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
And maybe I've been right all along about white people overwhelmingly being the ones who buy and use illegal drugs... it would explain a lot about yourself. How insulting for you to suggest that I'm a crack baby, sarcasm or not.
White people make up the overwhelming majority of the US population, I would also expect them to make up the majority of those who use illegal drugs... I'm no math professor but that seems easy to understand. I do find it funny that even though whites outnumber blacks if you look at the proportions of each racial group, blacks do drugs more than white people.

I most certainly never suggested you were a crack baby, I suspect it's something you picked up on your own at an age when you could choose for yourself.

Old 11-14-2010, 12:41 AM

465 posts, read 463,873 times
I read the last couple pages of this thread and all I gotta say is

Old 11-14-2010, 12:47 AM

Quote:
White people make up the overwhelming majority of the US population, I would also expect them to make up the majority of those who use illegal drugs... I'm no math professor but that seems easy to understand. I do find it funny that even though whites outnumber blacks if you look at the proportions of each racial group, blacks do drugs more than white people.

I most certainly never suggested you were a crack baby, I suspect it's something you picked up on your own at an age when you could choose for yourself.

Umm, wrong again. There are 5 times as many white drug users as there are black, which is directly proportional to the amount of white people there are in the US. Yet blacks get jailed 13.4 times as much for drugs than whites. Hmm...

"Our research shows that blacks comprise 62.7 percent and whites 36.7 percent of all drug offenders admitted to state prison, even though federal surveys and other data detailed in this report show clearly that this racial disparity bears scant relation to racial differences in drug offending. There are, for example, five times more white drug users than black. Relative to population, black men are admitted to state prison on drug charges at a rate that is 13.4times greaterthanthat of white men. In large part because of the extraordinary racial disparities in incarceration for drug offenses, blacks are incarcerated for all offenses at 8.2 times the rate of whites. One in every 20 black menover the age of 18 in the United States is in state or federal prison, compared to one in 180 white men."

http://www.hrw.org/legacy/reports/20...0.htm#P54_1086

Even if we were to speculate that this is due to blacks dealing more than whites, there is still a larger number of white drug dealers than black ones.

And keep calling me a crackhead. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Old 11-14-2010, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Umm, wrong again. There are 5 times as many white drug users as there are black, which is directly proportional to the amount of white people there are in the US. Yet blacks get jailed twice as much for drug use than whites. Hmm...

And keep calling me a crackhead. Whatever helps you sleep at night.
You're wrong, a higher proportion of the black population does illegal drugs.

Again, you're the only person using the term crackhead.

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-14-2010 at 01:15 PM.. Reason: rude

Old 11-14-2010, 01:01 AM

The US Department of Health says you and your link is wrong.

Chapter 2: Illicit Drug Use - 2001 Summary of Findings

That's percentage of the US population, blacks are at 6.9% while whites are at 6.8%. If you compare that to the population percentages it's clear that blacks use illegal drugs a lot more than whites.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:03 AM

Quote:
You're wrong, a higher proportion of the black population does illegal drugs.

Again, you're the only person using the term crackhead but I'm sure you're used to blaming things on other people so this is nothing new.

Knowing that an ignorant high school student in Oakland is very confused about race/drug statistics helps me sleep at night.

Oh yeah, because I really just pulled the cited statistics out of my posterior.

I don't care what term you use.

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-14-2010 at 01:16 PM.. Reason: rude

Old 11-14-2010, 01:11 AM

Quote:
The US Department of Health says you and your link is wrong.

Chapter 2: Illicit Drug Use - 2001 Summary of Findings

That's percentage of the US population, blacks are at 6.9% while whites are at 6.8%. If you compare that to the population percentages it's clear that blacks use illegal drugs a lot more than whites.

The percentages are based on people who've been arrested or fined for drug crimes. All this says is that blacks are arrested more than whites for the same crimes, which is already common knowledge.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:15 AM

32 posts, read 43,436 times
Quote:
This is a new term for you? Hmm... google is your friend here. I'm not going to waste my time explaining the difference to you between Greeks enslaving other Greeks over territory and whites in America making laws that stated that blacks were 3/5s of a man with tax purposes intended. I was hoping you could've figured this out by now. Sigh...
ok if you want a REAL example of racial 'slavery' look no further than the ottoman Turks who captured white slaves repeatably en masse.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Chupy View Post
ok if you want a REAL example of racial 'slavery' look no further than the ottoman Turks who captured white slaves repeatably en masse.

Again, this is not race slavery. This was religious slavery which had everything to do with the crusades.

Speaking of them, you might want to rethink who started the sub-saharan slave trade. The arabs were trading in African slaves well before Africans were.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies