Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2010, 10:16 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,719,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
Couple of problems with your post. First, it IS more dangerous for a white person alone in a rough black area at night than for a black person. The reason is simple and obvious, as there is the added element of racism from some thugs that would happen to be black (notice, i didn't say all blacks, or that all blacks are thugs). I've been beaten up for being white in a mixed area. Also, as for your question as to why a white person would want to walk alone in said neighborhood, your question alone implies guilt. That, my friend, is blaming the victim. In America, citizens have a legal AND moral right to walk wherever want to in a public neighborhood. To answer it further, how about for any reason that a black person would want to be there? Here in NYC, the answer could be for a million reasons.

Lastly, yes, you could be in danger in a racist white town, just as I am in Bed-Stuy, or the South Bronx, or Harlem, or Newark, or...take your pick.
All black neighborhoods are not thug filled danger zones for whites.

All whites have not had your experiences with black neighborhoods even at nighttime.

Sorry, your experiences do not represent all of the experiences of whites in black neightborhoods.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:18 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,113,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
The CIA used the profits they gained from selling cocaine to black people (why did they choose Ricky Ross in the first place?) to fund the Contras who opposed the Sandinistas (communists). They're literally responsible for the crack epidemic.
The crackheads are responsible for the crack epidemic.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:20 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,855,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
No there have not.

Skin color racism began when the slavery in Africa started.

Whites started skin color racism.

Before the slave trade in Africa, no one judeged another based on their skin color.

Btw, most of my professors have been WHITE.
You're not being serious are you?

Old 11-13-2010, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
The crackheads are responsible for the crack epidemic.
Wrong, the American economy thrives off of the drug trade.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:22 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,764,084 times
Quote:
I don't have time to watch the videos. Do you realize you posted like two hours of video? If you can give a synopsis, that would be great. From everything I've read in my own research, nothing has been proven. Even if it was 100% true as you're presenting it, the people doing crack did so on their own free will and have no one to blame but themselves. Another excuse. It never ends.

You are officially an idiot. You are justifying the CIA - OUR GOVERNMENT - selling drugs that THEY made illegal during the WAR ON DRUGS no less to THEIR OWN CITIZENS? And targeting black people while they're at it? There were no crack addicts until crack became available. The government made it available and made it available specifically in the LA black community.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post

All one would have to do is read a history book to know that this is true.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:23 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,549,511 times
Quote:
No, I could not. Why do you think black people avoid poor predominantly/exclusively white areas like the plague? Where do you think a lot of the overtly anti-black drivel comes from?

And you are incorrect on the other count as well. If you walk through a POOR neighborhood in general, you are taking a risk. While you might be safer walking through a poor white neighborhood than in a poor black neighborhood, that's not remotely close to a guarantee. If you're walking through a middle class or upper class neighborhood do you seriously expect to get called a h****y or get beat up? Seriously? You realize that you project outwardly what you think whether you want to or not... if anything, you're in more danger because you hold these beliefs.
Well, you're right in that the risk is higher in poor neighborhoods in general, and I am well aware of the fact that how you carry yourself has a big impact on how you are perceived, but my beliefs stem from having had bad personal experiences in black neighborhoods myself.

Anyway, I'm trying to gain some insight into how you think. I don't want to have an adversarial relationship. There is too much of that here on City Data, and this thread is an excellent example. Sure, we will probably disagree quite a bit, but I'm trying to understand your point of view. Hopefully you can do the same.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:24 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,113,688 times
Quote:
The bolded is a lie. If they see a white person around they'll assume they're buying drugs.
Bahahah! You make it too easy. What is this saying about both black people and the ghetto?

Old 11-13-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Yes, I am.

Before whites gained power in the world, the thriving blacks spread accross the earth while the whites were in the Caucasus mountains uncivilized.

Blacks were already civilized and there was no such thing as judging someone on their skin color.

Keep in mind that whites are the minority on this planet and never before did ANYONE judge others based on their skin color until whites started gaining more power.

There was no concept at that time on skin color. After the Portuguese started their slave trade in Africa that is when skin color racism began.

You believe in the history taught by our society, that's why you have a heard time accepting what I say.

Read,"The Destruction of Black Civilization"

Old 11-13-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
I don't have time to watch the videos. Do you realize you posted like two hours of video? If you can give a synopsis, that would be great. From everything I've read in my own research, nothing has been proven. Even if it was 100% true as you're presenting it, the people doing crack did so on their own free will and have no one to blame but themselves. Another excuse. It never ends.

Why don't you stop pursuing this argument until you actually watch the videos. It'll make you sound less ignorant for speaking on an issue that you haven't done sufficient research on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies