Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2010, 07:52 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,304,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
Yep, keep right in that victim enclave. Keep screaming the same old tired things. Maybe if you keep saying them, you can convince someone of it.
It is fairly well known that Gary Webb then a reporter for the San Jose Mercury News published a series of articles called "Dark Alliance" in 1996, The articles detailed the CIA being complicit in transporting and distributing drugs from Nicaraguan drug dealers to distributors here in the United States that were involved in the crack cocaine trade.

Dark Alliance: Day One

The truth in `Dark Alliance' - Los Angeles Times

Narco News: Gary Webb

So while you are sitting there calling people "victims", do you also advocate that United States Government being involved in the crack cocaine trade?

Old 11-13-2010, 07:53 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,994,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Point to ONE actual example of white people as a whole (ie not specific segments of the population like the Irish and Italians) being victims of institutionalized racism in the United States of America at any point during the last 100 years and I will shut up.
No you won't, since you've been conditioned to believe you're a victim and are somehow entitled to greater opportunity than anyone else. And that premise is a non-starter anyhow, since "you people" now have affirmative action and all other manner of programs that keep that victim mentality alive.
Why don't you just admit that you hate whites and be done with it?

Old 11-13-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
I'm going to say something that I'm not supposed to say. You see, it is not considered polite and certainly not politically correct in most circles, but I'm going to say it anyway: I'm of white European descent and damn proud of it!

In the history of any people you will find tragedies and atrocities. The native peoples of America warred with each other far before the arrival of the white man. There was a thriving slave trade throughout Africa that still exists in some areas to this day long before Europeans arrived on the scene. And in like manner the European man also has skeletons in his closet. Man's inhumanity to man has always been a cold hard fact of life on this planet. This aspect of the human heart is as undeniable as it is tragic.

However, the civilized western world with it's law and order and emphasis on logic and science that has cured disease and given rise to the highest standard of living that the world has ever seen is the true legacy of my people, and of that, I am as proud as I can be and I don't give a damn what anybody thinks about it.

Exactly right.

Old 11-13-2010, 07:58 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,764,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
I'm going to say something that I'm not supposed to say. You see, it is not considered polite and certainly not politically correct in most circles, but I'm going to say it anyway: I'm of white European descent and damn proud of it!

In the history of any people you will find tragedies and atrocities. The native peoples of America warred with each other far before the arrival of the white man. There was a thriving slave trade throughout Africa that still exists in some areas to this day long before Europeans arrived on the scene. And in like manner the European man also has skeletons in his closet. Man's inhumanity to man has always been a cold hard fact of life on this planet. This aspect of the human heart is as undeniable as it is tragic.

However, the civilized western world with it's law and order and emphasis on logic and science that has cured disease and given rise to the highest standard of living that the world has ever seen is the true legacy of my people, and of that, I am as proud as I can be and I don't give a damn what anybody thinks about it.

Who told you that you weren't allowed to be proud of your white ancestry? Pride has nothing to do with anything that's being discussed right now. The issue here is white supremacy, which is not the same as white pride. Why is European history so often taught under the guise of being "ancient history" or "world history" in this country? Certainly not to broaden one's global viewpoint. If schools want to teach that Europeans were the center of the planet and still are, then call it what it is: European history. World history means the history of the entire world. The average American couldn't name a single chinese emperor or ruler other than Chairman Mao despite that they are and have been the premier eastern power for a couple millenia now.

Old 11-13-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
No you won't, since you've been conditioned to believe you're a victim and are somehow entitled to greater opportunity than anyone else. And that premise is a non-starter anyhow, since "you people" now have affirmative action and all other manner of programs that keep that victim mentality alive.
Why don't you just admit that you hate whites and be done with it?

Because I don't. It's obvious you hate blacks who don't want to take racism sitting down.

And great job at covering up your failure to find a single instance of white people as a whole suffering the injustice of institutionalized racism in the United States of America.

Old 11-13-2010, 08:00 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,199,065 times
Quote:
Point to ONE actual example of white people as a whole (ie not specific segments of the population like the Irish and Italians) being victims of institutionalized racism in the United States of America at any point during the last 100 years and I will shut up.
Your dismissiveness of the existence of alternative experiences of people you refuse to acknowledge only accounts for your own bias. As a woman, and as an Italian American woman, I reject it. Full stop. Women through out history, regardless of race, have been little more than chattel to be raped, bought and sold.

Quote:
Yeah, he was the guy who bought the cocaine off of the CIA planes and sold it to the crips and bloods who would then sell it on the streets. In an interview, he noted that his columbian connection (ie the CIA agents) seemed to have an endless supply of cocaine but he never asked how they did it... apparently that's what happens when your supplier literally has bottomless duckets
How and why for what? This is what I don't understand. I'm still listening to the first vid and I'm not sure how long it will take to get through them all, but as best as I can figure you're telling me that AA gansters joined with the CIA to addict AA non-gansters for some reason that I'm not understadning.

Old 11-13-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Your dismissiveness of the existence of alternative experiences of people you refuse to acknowledge only accounts for your own bias. As a woman, and as an Italian American woman, I reject it. Full stop. Women through out history, regardless of race, have been little more than chattel to be raped, bought and sold.

How and why for what? This is what I don't understand. I'm still listening to the first vid and I'm not sure how long it will take to get through them all, but as best as I can figure you're telling me that AA gansters joined with the CIA to addict AA non-gansters for some reason that I'm not understadning.

I'm not dismissing ****. This topic is about racism. Point to one instance of whites suffering institutionalized racism. I'm an advocate of women's rights and am fully aware that women are currently some of the most discriminated against people in the country. That does not change the fact that white women did not suffer the effects of institutionalized racism.

And he didn't know he was working with the CIA until they set him up and gave him a rigged trial.

Old 11-13-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Because I don't. It's obvious you hate blacks who don't want to take racism sitting down.

And great job at covering up your failure to find a single instance of white people as a whole suffering the injustice of institutionalized racism in the United States of America.
No, I think you do hate whites. If so, then why don't you go back to wherever you think you hailed from two hundred years ago? Surely if the United States is so evil toward blacks, then you wouldn't want to stay. Staying where there is "institutionalized racism" would be insanity, wouldn't it?

Old 11-13-2010, 08:06 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,636,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Do people not realize that racism goes both ways?
No they do not realize this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
I want to know why people only talk about how whites are racist when other groups do it as well, perhaps more so, and for some reason, among minorities, it's acceptable to discuss white people in a negative stereotypical manner.
Good luck on that.

Old 11-13-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
No, I think you do hate whites. If so, then why don't you go back to wherever you think you hailed from two hundred years ago? Surely if the United States is so evil toward blacks, then you wouldn't want to stay. Staying where there is "institutionalized racism" would be insanity, wouldn't it?

Again, continue to avoid admitting that you cannot find a single instance of whites suffering institutionalized racism in the United States of America. You're giving me plenty of laughs while doing it.

I stay here because for better or worse, I'm an American. No more or less than you are. You might have a hard time stomaching that, but I could care less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies