Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2010, 04:20 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,199,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
I was talking about black stereotypes.
I know, and a few them are not that different from Italian stereotypes, which is what I noted. Or at least stereotypes from the past. These days, I have no idea. Even with the Sopranos and Jersey Shore.

I still belabor the point that it goes beyond discrimination to an absence of cultural unity.

Old 11-13-2010, 04:40 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,391,475 times
Default Response does not make one a racist

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
In my time on CD, I've seen an incredible number of black people calling white people racist. I've also seen issues amongst Hispanic posters and whites. Do people not realize that racism goes both ways?

I personally am quite tired of being told I'm racist when trying to address the facts about minority communities, or just for the fact that I'm a conservative who tends to vote Republican.

Facts are facts and cannot be disputed. I don't treat people any differently based on their skin color. The only time I treat people differently is when they do behaviors that are unacceptable. Until people get it through their heads that it's less about race and more about lifestyle, race relations cannot change. That goes for any race or ethnic group, but it seems like white people are accused of hindering this transition more than any other group.

I want to know why people only talk about how whites are racist when other groups do it as well, perhaps more so, and for some reason, among minorities, it's acceptable to discuss white people in a negative stereotypical manner.
Blacks can't be called "racist" simply because they respond to people who are. White racism against black people began with slavery and has persisted in various forms for centuries. Blacks who respond negatively to the republican party, comprised of people who attribute the most negative qualities to blacks as a matter of course, are not being racist. They are merely standing up for themselves as human beings deserving equal treatment.

When a criminal robs the victim, the victim doesn't become a criminal simply because he was robbed. Go to talk to some black students at Marquette U or UWM and get a more superior, non-conservative perspective. Better yet, head into the war zone on the north side and talk to any black person with grey hair.

Old 11-13-2010, 04:48 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,113,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Blacks can't be called "racist" simply because they respond to people who are. White racism against black people began with slavery and has persisted in various forms for centuries. Blacks who respond negatively to the republican party, comprised of people who attribute the most negative qualities to blacks as a matter of course, are not being racist. They are merely standing up for themselves as human beings deserving equal treatment.

When a criminal robs the victim, the victim doesn't become a criminal simply because he was robbed. Go to talk to some black students at Marquette U or UWM and correct your perspective.
You should read through the pages here before you spout off. Even if someone was to say something racist, two wrongs don't make a right, so no, if a black person feels discriminated against, it is not okay for him to likewise do the same to a white person who did nothing to him previously. And blah blah blah, you should jump on the reparations thread if you want to discuss slavery.

I have a college degree and have seen plenty of intelligent black people. I am not talking about them since they obviously have risen beyond the stereotypes and made something of themselves. I don't need to go talk to the kids at UWM, Marquette, Stritch, Concordia or any other colleges here to know that.

Old 11-13-2010, 04:53 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,994,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
This is exactly why job discrimination exists. Why do you assume that the minority isn't as qualified as the white person? Unless the currently minority-run fortune 500 (the key word being fortune 500) are all crashing and burning, where's your proof? You just unwittingly stated the real reason why whites control a disproportionate amount of the businesses; our culture tells us that white people are more qualified simply by being white. You're not even white but you were still comfortable saying this...
I have a question for you, Nineties Flava. Are you white?

Old 11-13-2010, 04:54 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,994,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
it is the PC thing to do to only accuse whites of racism, even tho any race can be racist.
The only reason it happens, is because whites have lost their backbone somewhere along the line.

Old 11-13-2010, 04:55 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,669,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Was the black officer his superior or a favorite? If not then I doubt the hateful black man had any serious control or power in the military.
There is a group of black personnel currently serving in the military called "the Masons." My son, was denied his first choice assignment, although he was first in his class. The entire class and instructors were stymied. Lo and behold a member of the Masons was the HR assigning personnel in DC. Any blacks were given priority when he assigned them. Complaints were filed and he was reassigned. This group is still actively serving and showing favoritism to blacks and racism to whites.

Old 11-13-2010, 05:02 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,034,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
To me, it should be common sense that all types of people could be racist, so this question doesn't even matter. The truth is that historically white people have been the ones to do outwardly racist things. If you are in the United States then you know our history here: white people made it to where there was a white water fountain and a "colored" one. Whether you want to admit it or not, no where else has racism like that happened on that level.
Well you'll have to forgive me if I don't know where you're going with this. It appears to be nothing more an all-encompassing, anti-white diatribe with American history being the catalyst. Now as a white guy I will be the first to admit that it is a tragedy, all of the past racism perpetrated by white folks... or any folks for that matter. I will also admit that I am no more guilty for any of that than is Martin Luther King, for a person is not represented by his race. And with all due respect to that truly great man, I feel no more guilty for that racism than does Martin Luther King. And that is because I am able to think rationally.

Old 11-13-2010, 05:07 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,190,050 times
"Why are white people the only ones accused of being racist?"
Because whites are so sensitive and emotionally insecure. It's funny to even mention the word 'racism' and immediately they assume they are being insulted. Their brains short circuit and they need instant relief from a security blankie - like the smooth, relaxing talk from a wing nut.

Old 11-13-2010, 05:14 PM

32 posts, read 43,440 times
^ You wanna talk sensitivity, how about the morons who accuse any little thing of being "racist"? Racism is regarded as the absolute worst thing in the world these days, why wouldn't a white person want to dispel the idea that they are racist?

Old 11-13-2010, 05:45 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,952,645 times
Why are white people the only ones accused of being racists? Because the white race has a deep rooted history of imperialism, colonialism and racism. And It's all documented in history books.

Last edited by dorado0359; 11-13-2010 at 06:06 PM.. Reason: ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies