Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2010, 06:45 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,764,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Chupy View Post
sub Saharan Africans were living in tribal societies when the salve Atlantic slave trade began. Europe was at the peek of civilization at the time (and Asia was pretty darn close too).

Talk about eurocentric. Different culture does not = inferior culture... wow. Are we still at this stage?

Old 11-13-2010, 06:48 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,994,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Talk about eurocentric. Different culture does not = inferior culture... wow. Are we still at this stage?
And different cultures are not necessarily equal cultures either. Remember that.

Old 11-13-2010, 06:51 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,199,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
And different cultures are not necessarily equal cultures either. Remember that.
Oh, c'mon! What's that supposed to mean?

Old 11-13-2010, 06:55 PM

Quote:
You people??!! Too bad we don't have an NAAWP so I could scream loudly to them and get some sort of financial benefit from it.

You can stop being cynical any time now. Unless I'm to assume that someone who asks me if I'm white and them tries to spin it into "then you can't know what its like to be white" should be offended when I tell them that I never stated the opposite, then there's no reason whatsoever for you to be offended when I said "you people". Would you rather I say white? My apologies.

Some of you people have so little to complain about that you need to invent something to complain about. Be thankful you get to be in the "labeled racist" camp and not the "victims of racism" camp...

Old 11-13-2010, 06:58 PM

Quote:
You can stop being cynical any time now. Unless I'm to assume that someone who asks me if I'm white and them tries to spin it into "then you can't know what its like to be white" should be offended when I tell them that I never stated the opposite, then there's no reason whatsoever for you to be offended when I said "you people". Would you rather I say white? My apologies.

Some of you people have so little to complain about that you need to invent something to complain about. Be thankful you get to be in the "labeled racist" camp and not the "victims of racism" camp...
I'm done with you. You have been indoctrinated with the victim mentality.
All that can be said about your rants is something that rhymes with full chit.

Old 11-13-2010, 07:00 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,952,645 times
Quote:
sub Saharan Africans were living in tribal societies when the salve Atlantic slave trade began. Europe was at the peek of civilization at the time (and Asia was pretty darn close too).
I was not referring to the slave trade period. I was referring to the dawn of civilization and and the fact that ALL races were savages during that period of time. And, THE WHITE RACE WAS NO EXCEPTION. Therefore, the attempts of certain white people to so vividly recall the the savage history of other races, while ignoring the savage history of the white race, is only an attempt on the part of certain white people to esteem themselves above people, particularly blacks.

Old 11-13-2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
I'm done with you. You have been indoctrinated with the victim mentality.
All that can be said about your rants is something that rhymes with full chit.

And now you get indignant because you somehow think that you're being victimized by THE VICTIM?! You want to talk about not knowing what its like to be white? You'll never know the kind of **** my folks and I had to put up with solely because of ignorant racist white people. You should be THANKFUL you never will. Instead you go on this whole diatribe about how "blah blah blah stop being a victim blah blah blah". You don't have a single ****ing clue what I've had to go through to get to this point... stop pretending like you even have an inkling.

Old 11-13-2010, 07:08 PM

Quote:
And now you get indignant because you somehow think that you're being victimized by THE VICTIM?! You want to talk about not knowing what its like to be white? You'll never know the kind of **** my folks and I had to put up with solely because of ignorant racist white people. You should be THANKFUL you never will. Instead you go on this whole diatribe about how "blah blah blah stop being a victim blah blah blah". You don't have any ****ing idea what I've had to go through to get to this point... stop pretending like you even have an inkling.

Oh yeah, I know. Your parents were slaves and you live in a town where blacks can't walk on the same sidewalk as whites without being beaten to a pulp.

Spare me.

Old 11-13-2010, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Oh yeah, I know. Your parents were slaves and you live in a town where blacks can't walk on the same sidewalk as whites without being beaten to a pulp.

Spare me.

Obviously I'm dealing with someone simple here, so I'll put my response in simple terms:

You are ignorant.

Nothing more, nothing less.

What are you going to do about it?

Old 11-13-2010, 07:12 PM

32 posts, read 43,440 times
Quote:
sub Saharan Africans were living in tribal societies when the Atlantic slave trade began. Europe was at the peek of civilization at the time (and Asia was pretty darn close too).
Or let's go the opposite route, if white people should be known for what they've done in the past, then shouldn't all the positives be taken into account?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies