Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2010, 10:26 PM

785 posts, read 619,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Sigh...

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ccused-25.html

Scroll down to the videos.
First, your sources are dubious as best (Wikipedia and Maxine "Well, I'm everybody's Aunt" Waters? Google that last one, its really funny). Second, your entire theory is based on the allegation that the CIA knew about OTHERS selling drugs, not that the CIA itself was selling drugs. The allegation is that the CIA looked the other way. The Contras were bad folks, and I dont doubt they did this. As for the CIA taking part in it ,your own sources say that didn't happen. That alone makes them not responsible for it. Even if the CIA knew about this, in a time of war VERY close to our shores, it is not the same as being responsible for it.

For you to extrapolate the supposed looking the other way, in a time of war, to the CIA being responsible for it, it shockingly naive. If your theory of high drug use in the Black community being the responsibility of the CIA, it doesn't explain the crack epidemic being a nationwide phenom, primarily in Black areas. It also doesn't explain the high drug use in those areas before and since your brief conspiracy theory would allow.

Your own source:
"which alleged that Nicaraguan drug traffickers had sold and distributed crack cocaine in Los Angeles during the 1980s, and that drug profits were used to fund the CIA-supported Nicaraguan Contras. Webb never asserted that the CIA directly aided drug dealers to raise money for the Contras, but he did document that the CIA was aware of the cocaine transactions and the large shipments of cocaine into the U.S. by the Contra personnel"

Old 11-13-2010, 10:28 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
Great job at enlightening me about a city you've more than likely never set foot in. I guess that's why Oakland's a majority white city. Because none of them would ever set foot in it... oh please. Don't add your pure ignorance of Oakland into the mix.

The biggest threat I face in Oakland are the cops... if you're not a gang member and don't associate with them you have VERY little chance of getting caught up in it. The cops, on the other hand, are something I can't avoid that easily. They just shot another unarmed black man a couple of days ago eight times at a barbershop near Mills College because he ran. Do we honestly think this guy would've gotten shot if he was white?

EDIT: and ROFL... I think you're thinking of LA with that "burning down entire blocks" comment. Speaking of the oakland riots, who were the vast majority of the rioters back when Oscar Grant got killed by the BART police? They weren't black and they weren't from Oakland. Oakland is now suing these people for destroying property that they had no reason to destroy. Most of these rioters are college anarchists (hello UC Berkeley) and college punks in general who think that they're able to get away with it because it's Oakland.
Kaiser Permanente is one of my largest customers, I spend time in their corporate offices in Oakland on a monthly basis... but you're right, I've never been there.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:29 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,113,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Wrong, the American economy thrives off of the drug trade.
There would be no drug trade if the druggies didn't do drugs. Again, it's their own fault.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Yes, I am.

Before whites gained power in the world, the thriving blacks spread accross the earth while the whites were in the Caucasus mountains uncivilized.

Blacks were already civilized and there was no such thing as judging someone on their skin color.

Keep in mind that whites are the minority on this planet and never before did ANYONE judge others based on their skin color until whites started gaining more power.

There was no concept at that time on skin color. After the Portuguese started their slave trade in Africa that is when skin color racism began.

You believe in the history taught by our society, that's why you have a heard time accepting what I say.

Read,"The Destruction of Black Civilization"
Wow, you really are serious. I'm sorry, I thought you were being sarcastic.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:31 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,549,511 times
Quote:
Yes, I am.

Before whites gained power in the world, the thriving blacks spread accross the earth while the whites were in the Caucasus mountains uncivilized.

Blacks were already civilized and there was no such thing as judging someone on their skin color.

Keep in mind that whites are the minority on this planet and never before did ANYONE judge others based on their skin color until whites started gaining more power.

There was no concept at that time on skin color. After the Portuguese started their slave trade in Africa that is when skin color racism began.

You believe in the history taught by our society, that's why you have a heard time accepting what I say.

Oh boy... another disciple of the long discredited crackpot Elijah Muhammad.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Yes, I am.

Oh my God, you ARE as gullible, AND as ignorant of history as I thought you were! Actually, whites were, um, uncivilized? Ever hear of the Roman Empire? Are you aware of the Barbary Pirates, that captured and sold Whites into Slavery LONG before the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade ever started? Are you aware that Blacks started the Trans-Atlantic slave trade by selling Africans to whites along the coast of Africa? There was no concept of skin color? So...the general aspect of human vision wasn't working until the Portugese slave traders? For one, you really need to bone up on your hstory of Japan. Possibly the historically longest racist nation on earth. They aren't whites, just a clue for you.

Also, the definition of RACISM implies based on race, and its attendant differences in skin color.

Surely...even you can't believe this. If so, you need to go back to whatever school you went to....and demand your money back! They robbed you!

Old 11-13-2010, 10:35 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,113,688 times
Quote:
You are officially an idiot. You are justifying the CIA - OUR GOVERNMENT - selling drugs that THEY made illegal during the WAR ON DRUGS no less to THEIR OWN CITIZENS? And targeting black people while they're at it? There were no crack addicts until crack became available. The government made it available and made it available specifically in the LA black community.
Name calling, eh? Good one. I've been called worse.

I'm not justifying anything. But the fact is, personal responsibility is a major factor in any situation where someone is doing any kind of drugs. I don't care who invented it, who sold it, how much they paid for it, all I know is the person is consuming it, and that is their own fault.

Besides which, one of the things the CIA is sticking to is that there was no targeting of any specific population, and the gov't didn't create crack. It's all a big conspiracy theory and sadly, you have been indoctrinated with this junk.

Hypothetically, I suppose you also believe that the liquor stores and bars are responsible for creating alcoholics?

Old 11-13-2010, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
Oh boy... another disciple of the long discredited crackpot Elijah Muhammad.
innit he great? The thing is, he thinks he's "droppin science", but he's only revealing his own ignorance!

Old 11-13-2010, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
Oh my God, you ARE as gullible, AND as ignorant of history as I thought you were! Actually, whites were, um, uncivilized? Ever hear of the Roman Empire? Are you aware of the Barbary Pirates, that captured and sold Whites into Slavery LONG before the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade ever started? Are you aware that Blacks started the Trans-Atlantic slave trade by selling Africans to whites along the coast of Africa? There was no concept of skin color? So...the general aspect of human vision wasn't working until the Portugese slave traders? For one, you really need to bone up on your hstory of Japan. Possibly the historically longest racist nation on earth. They aren't whites, just a clue for you.

Also, the definition of RACISM implies based on race, and its attendant differences in skin color.

Surely...even you can't believe this. If so, you need to go back to whatever school you went to....and demand your money back! They robbed you!
Let him continue, there's got to be more words of wisdom in there somewhere.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:39 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,764,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
First, your sources are dubious as best (Wikipedia and Maxine "Well, I'm everybody's Aunt" Waters? Google that last one, its really funny). Second, your entire theory is based on the allegation that the CIA knew about OTHERS selling drugs, not that the CIA itself was selling drugs. The allegation is that the CIA looked the other way. The Contras were bad folks, and I dont doubt they did this. As for the CIA taking part in it ,your own sources say that didn't happen. That alone makes them not responsible for it. Even if the CIA knew about this, in a time of war VERY close to our shores, it is not the same as being responsible for it.

For you to extrapolate the supposed looking the other way, in a time of war, to the CIA being responsible for it, it shockingly naive. If your theory of high drug use in the Black community being the responsibility of the CIA, it doesn't explain the crack epidemic being a nationwide phenom, primarily in Black areas. It also doesn't explain the high drug use in those areas before and since your brief conspiracy theory would allow.

Your own source:
"which alleged that Nicaraguan drug traffickers had sold and distributed crack cocaine in Los Angeles during the 1980s, and that drug profits were used to fund the CIA-supported Nicaraguan Contras. Webb never asserted that the CIA directly aided drug dealers to raise money for the Contras, but he did document that the CIA was aware of the cocaine transactions and the large shipments of cocaine into the U.S. by the Contra personnel"

WEBB never asserted that. The CIA admitted it and more. And their go-to boy was Rick Ross. His operation started in LA (where he's from) and he ended up controlling the crack trade in the entire continental United States. His go-to buyers were the crips and bloods. The CIA played a direct part in setting him up and absolving the people who distributed to him of any punishment whatsoever. Try watching the videos next time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies