Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2010, 02:09 AM

465 posts, read 463,938 times

Advertisements

Race isn't really the main issue anymore when it come to who the US government is exploiting. It's economic status.

The US government is at war with poor people of all races. Yes, there are a lot of poor black people getting screwed. But poor whites get screwed hard too, as well as all other races.

Of course there is a lot of racism in American society, and Americans identify themselves by their race a lot. And there are definitely racist cops, etc. But I think most people overlook that economic status plays a greater role than skin color these days. Soeone who is seen as "white trash" will face a lot of persecution and discrimination.

As for social racism amongst the people. That' a whole idfferent story. There is a ton of that kind of racism in the US.

Old 11-14-2010, 02:17 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,548,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcissus23 View Post
Actually the Spanish started importing the Africans
But boy it didnt take long for White people here to get into it huh?

Became so big that we even fought a war over it-remember?

Quote:
I simply pointed out that your conspiracy theories about the gov. and drugs make you sound loony.
Its very easy for someone who is NOT black to make such a comment. Im not black btw.

As Ive stated in the past, for most of our history, the entire social, political, economic and cultural infrastructure of the United States of America existed solely for the advancement of Whites. The rest of us were nothing more than a means to accomplish that end.

And Im not blaming Whites in 2010 for the sins of Whites in the 1700s but we have to look at the past in order to understand why we are where we are today.

So when you have generation after generation told that they were inferior and that they could not progress to anything better because they were oppressed, well what do you think is going to happen? Many will continue in poverty which sometimes leads to crime.

Fortunately I believe we live in a time where ceilings have been shattered and opportunities abound. Thank God.

Countless African Americans have climbed into the ranks of the middle and upper class and are successful in every field of business, entertainment, government, science, athletics, etc. But many are still in that cycle of failure that began well before they were born. It took 300+ years for racist Whites to beat Blacks down. Please don't complain because they arent all Harvard grads after only a generation or 2 of 'equality'.

Old 11-14-2010, 06:25 AM

624 posts, read 1,121,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
But boy it didnt take long for White people here to get into it huh?

Became so big that we even fought a war over it-remember?

Its very easy for someone who is NOT black to make such a comment. Im not black btw.

As Ive stated in the past, for most of our history, the entire social, political, economic and cultural infrastructure of the United States of America existed solely for the advancement of Whites. The rest of us were nothing more than a means to accomplish that end.

And Im not blaming Whites in 2010 for the sins of Whites in the 1700s but we have to look at the past in order to understand why we are where we are today.

So when you have generation after generation told that they were inferior and that they could not progress to anything better because they were oppressed, well what do you think is going to happen? Many will continue in poverty which sometimes leads to crime.

Fortunately I believe we live in a time where ceilings have been shattered and opportunities abound. Thank God.

Countless African Americans have climbed into the ranks of the middle and upper class and are successful in every field of business, entertainment, government, science, athletics, etc. But many are still in that cycle of failure that began well before they were born. It took 300+ years for racist Whites to beat Blacks down. Please don't complain because they arent all Harvard grads after only a generation or 2 of 'equality'.
Bulls*it... poverty has nothing to do with crime. For example India is a poor country yet the crime is pretty low. Also China was a poor country and the people didn't lived in misery and they tried to do better for themselves.
I don't want to be racist but if you look all over the world you'll find poverty+misery+crime where the blacks are (even if they rule and they represent the majority). Someone has to do a research on this to see if crime+misery are not part of their cultures and. One black said here he considers drug dealing part of his culture..

Old 11-14-2010, 06:35 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,719,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
White people make up the overwhelming majority of the US population, I would also expect them to make up the majority of those who use illegal drugs... I'm no math professor but that seems easy to understand. I do find it funny that even though whites outnumber blacks if you look at the proportions of each racial group, blacks do drugs more than white people.

I most certainly never suggested you were a crack baby, I suspect it's something you picked up on your own at an age when you could choose for yourself.
No they don't. The cops don't arrest whites doing drugs like they do blacks.

I went to a mostly white university and the whites use drugs as much as anybody, possible more so. The whites I knew, which were MANY who did drugs, NEVER got arrested for it.

Go to the Julliard School of Music, the students there use drugs like there is no tommorrow. They have so many coke heads at the school, you would think it's a coca cola factory.

Drug use knows no bounds to economic class or race.

I have been to parties with mostly whites and there is no difference in whites using drugs compared to blacks.

BTW, Read "The Destruction of Black Civilization". It is a well researched book that confirms a lot of what I have said.

Old 11-14-2010, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I'm not a racist, I don't focus on issues that only concern one racial group of people like you do. I'm concerned about the people around me, my family, my friends and my coworkers... I don't live my life consumed by racism like you do so I don't look for race related things all the time.

Again, aside from some sort of drug use what could explain your inability to grasp simple concepts? I never once said you used crack, I simply pointed out that your conspiracy theories about the gov. and drugs make you sound loony.
There are good books that deal with the CIA's relationship to the drug trade. There are a couple on Amazon that talk about this.

Old 11-14-2010, 06:39 AM

As far as blacks selling other blacks in slavery....

They did it for money and for guns since their civilization was falling apart already due to the number of indo-europeans invading the country.

Old 11-14-2010, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
I never made those assertions, try reading and comprehending next time,ok?

Can you show me specifically, backed up with qoutes/links, where I said that all black neighborhoods are thug filled, that all whites have had my experiences, or that my experiences represent those of all whites?

If you can't, you basically reveal yourself to be a desperate poster that has to put words in another's mouth, to lie basically, because you can't win on the facts alone.

Good luck, we will all be laughing at you! Yes, you just did your own cause a world of damage. Thank you for that!
So why are you complaining about black neighborhoods then and how dangerous they are for whites?

Old 11-14-2010, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
Oh boy... another disciple of the long discredited crackpot Elijah Muhammad.
Actually, I'm not a muslim, nor do I have a desire to be one.

I was born Christian but as of now I follow no organized religion but I do believe in God.

Nice try Zekester.

Actually there are MANY whites who are very well educated who will tell you the same thing I said.

I had an Italian professor in college who told me his ancestors were black.

Old 11-14-2010, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
Oh my God, you ARE as gullible, AND as ignorant of history as I thought you were! Actually, whites were, um, uncivilized? Ever hear of the Roman Empire? Are you aware of the Barbary Pirates, that captured and sold Whites into Slavery LONG before the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade ever started? Are you aware that Blacks started the Trans-Atlantic slave trade by selling Africans to whites along the coast of Africa? There was no concept of skin color? So...the general aspect of human vision wasn't working until the Portugese slave traders? For one, you really need to bone up on your hstory of Japan. Possibly the historically longest racist nation on earth. They aren't whites, just a clue for you.

Also, the definition of RACISM implies based on race, and its attendant differences in skin color.

Surely...even you can't believe this. If so, you need to go back to whatever school you went to....and demand your money back! They robbed you!
You are NOT listening.

Before the Romans became who they were, whites lived in the Caucasus mountains while blacks had already started civilizatoin

African civilization is FAR older than the Romans.

Whites were uncivilized when they were in the Caucasus mountains.

The Portuguese were one of the first if not the first of the ones who started the slave trade in Africa.

What ever discrimination is not based on skin color alone is prejudice, not skin color racism.

Skin color racism is the idea that a group of people are inferior due to their skin color.

Actually, I did not learn this in school. I attended the University of Houston.I have read a number of books about the subject.

Old 11-14-2010, 06:57 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,113,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
And besides... your argument rests on the assertion that whites are in more danger of walking through black neighborhoods than blacks are of walking through white neighborhoods. Try thinking about this for a moment. Why would black people purposefully live in or even walk through racist white neighborhoods? Isn't this what they tried to escape? Try finding out if your statistics were the same back in the 1920s... there were more black lynchings a year than there were black on white murders in any of those years mentioned in your source. What kind of idiotic black person would place themselves in a white racist town for any amount of time unless they already live there? Try finding out what the white on black/black on white crime rate is down in small town Mississippi... find out just how meaningless those statistics you posted are.
According to you, all whites are basically evil whitey so no blacks should live around any whites, again, according to your theory. All blacks have been systematically victimized and discriminated against by whites, right? That's where you argument rests, isn't it, that you have a right to be angry at white people b/c they have done horrible things to you in the past? Can I ask your age, please?

Let's be honest here, black people aren't in too much danger if they were to be walking in a white neighborhood, even a white racist neighborhood, b/c in the racist neighborhoods, evil whitey is scared of them. Now turn that around, if I were to walk at night in a black neighborhood, even if the neighborhood isn't a black racist neighborhood, I'm taking a risk. I'm a little white girl, don't you think that makes me a target, even if the people there are not necessarily espousing any racism toward me?

Also according to your logic, b/c whites did some lynchings back in the day, that means it's okay for blacks to do horrible things to whites in 2010?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies