Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2010, 01:03 AM

624 posts, read 1,121,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Why did they immigrate to the USA then? lol
Because the land was cheaper and the opportunities were bigger. Why did the blacks didn't leave when their services weren't needed anymore and they were free do go wherever they wanted?

Old 11-12-2010, 01:06 AM

6,914 posts, read 14,764,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
My employer was the U.S. Army and they will take anybody. I used the G.I. Bill to pay for my education. No excuses here; no "white privilege." Just hard work.

ROFL... of all the employers you manage to mention you mention the army. Yeah they'll take anybody... they love taking poor people in particular. Why else do they show up at poor high schools 24/7 and at richer ones not at all. They also target their commercials directly at minorities. Obviously they want minorities to fight their wars... its a win-win situation for them. its a wonder it took them until Vietnam to figure this out.

Old 11-12-2010, 01:06 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times
I can't imagine blacks wanting to go to Mexico. Or building a cruise ship to head back to Africa. Considering they had all of the resources to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkDrinker View Post
Because the land was cheaper and the opportunities were bigger. Why did the blacks didn't leave when their services weren't needed anymore and they were free do go wherever they wanted?

Old 11-12-2010, 01:08 AM

If they can get minorities and poor people to go and die off in a war or battles then everything works out for the good ole' system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
ROFL... of all the employers you manage to mention you mention the army. Yeah they'll take anybody... they love taking poor people in particular. Why else do they show up at poor high schools 24/7 and at richer ones not at all. They also target their commercials directly at minorities. Obviously they want minorities to fight their wars... its a win-win situation for them. its a wonder it took them until Vietnam to figure this out.

Old 11-12-2010, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkDrinker View Post

Because by the time they were emancipated they had no connection whatsoever to Africa. 400 years of raping your slaves and the slaves taking their master's name = culture swap. If you think you would fit in whatever European country your ancestors came from escaping persecution once they stopped persecuting you (ie a couple hundred years later after your fmaily had been homogenized into american culture for x number of generations) you're sadly mistaken. And rofl at your bastardization of the word "free". Would you describe the post-Reconstruction south as a "Free zone" for blacks? Or are you just in denial?

Old 11-12-2010, 01:10 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,872,295 times
Whites,Blacks,Asians,Hispanics,etc.. are all humans with the same capacities and potential for discrimination,Racism and hatred. I've worked at companies with White and Black management and guess what ???

I've seen both sides show favortism and discrimination in the same ways. It doesn't make it right ,but it's there. I've also seen "white" employees discriminated against by white management( Employees were from Russia and Argentina). Reverse discrimination also exists.

I've had African friends(Ghana and Eritrea) and (Black) Jamaican friends speak negatively about Black Americans is this Racism?

And back to the original post. No 1 group has the monopoly on Racism,but those in positions of power DO have the means to make it felt.

Old 11-12-2010, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Because by the time they were emancipated they had no connection whatsoever to Africa. 400 years of raping your slaves and the slaves taking their master's name = culture swap. If you think you would fit in whatever European country your ancestors came from escaping persecution once they stopped persecuting you (ie a couple hundred years later after your fmaily had been homogenized into american culture for x number of generations) you're sadly mistaken. And rofl at your bastardization of the word "free". Would you describe the post-Reconstruction south as a "Free zone" for blacks? Or are you just in denial?
The South was the best place for the blacks! They had free food and free housing for little work. When they moved to the north they started to cry for benefits and they realized what they lost. Oh... and you know that there were as many whites as blacks who worked the crops, no? Just 3% of the whites owned slaves... compared with 7% of the blacks.
Today the South is the least segregated in the US (check the census data ...there were some maps based on it even here on the forum).

Old 11-12-2010, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Tribalism and racism, both have the same basis in hating another group because they are different from you. they may look the same but speak a different language, or religion. It makes no difference. You're attacking my choice of words because you've run out arguments

Tribalismo, racismo, los dos tienen la misma base entre odiando un otro gupe diferente a lo tuyo. Pueden aparecer lo mismo pero pueden hablar una idioma diferente o practicar una religión diferente. No hace ningúna diferencia. Estás atacandome por mi uso de ciertas palabras porque no tienes argumentos para hacer.

Oh brother. Like talking to a wall

It makes all the difference. Again, a choice of words would be using one synonym over the other. You are using two completely different ideas that share one similarity. So you're saying that if someone attacks someone for believing in a different religion, then calling it racist isn't really inaccurate? Then the war against Islam is racist.

Old 11-12-2010, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
And back to the original post. No 1 group has the monopoly on Racism,but those in positions of power DO have the means to make it felt.
You're right... but I'll have to say that the blacks are the most racists in the US and even in the World. And this thread is an evidence...

Old 11-12-2010, 01:18 AM

And how do Hispanics and Jamaicans have it better than blacks exactly? I wouldn't call complaining about them racism.

It's damaging when a ruling class or clique are racist i.e., white people.........

If blacks decided to hate whites nothing terrible would happen to most whites......

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Whites,Blacks,Asians,Hispanics,etc.. are all humans with the same capacities and potential for discrimination,Racism and hatred. I've worked at companies with White and Black management and guess what ???

I've seen both sides show favortism and discrimination in the same ways. It doesn't make it right ,but it's there. I've also seen "white" employees discriminated against by white management( Employees were from Russia and Argentina). Reverse discrimination also exists.

I've had African friends(Ghana and Eritrea) and (Black) Jamaican friends speak negatively about Black Americans is this Racism?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies