Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2010, 12:47 AM

624 posts, read 1,122,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Blacks did a lot of slave labor for decades. Next time your boss throws a hissy fit and refuses to give you a raise think of the blacks who did slave labor in terrible conditions for decades upon decades.
Go cry somewhere else... Slave labor? They got food and housing for their services...
Most of the great things (infrastructure, buildings and so on) in this country were build by whites (poor immigrants), asians and indians!

Old 11-12-2010, 12:51 AM

6,914 posts, read 14,778,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Ad hominem Don't have any arguments to make against my claims except my preferred usage of words. But thanks for educating me. After all Spanish is my native language and I'm still learning English, despite being fluent nowadays

There's no "preferred usage of words" here... you're using it completely incorrectly. Not understanding that racism does not describe what your talking about in any form is problematic. You want me to write in Spanish? I can do that too.

Hay una diferencia entre el racismo y una disputa entre dos tribus. El racismo quiere decir que el conflicto origino de la raza... el tribalismo es completamente diferente. Es como decir que si francia ataca a inglatierra, es racista. No tiene mucho sentido, no?

Old 11-12-2010, 12:51 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,986,148 times
Because you are white you had far superior opportunities. Remember a lot of employers do not want to hire blacks or Hispanics because the negative stereotype of laziness, drug abuse, and gang relations. What is irritating is your entitlement that because you were a poor white person you deserve to hold a scornful and paternalistic attitude toward those who are different than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
Typical liberal BS. I'm white and grew up in poverty, but escaped it through hard work. Anybody of any race of ethnicity can do the same -especially in America. If you can't make it here, you can't make it anywhere.

Old 11-12-2010, 12:52 AM

13 posts, read 14,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkDrinker View Post
Oh... please shut up... there are more whites in poverty than blacks.
The blacks build the US? What? You're a stand-up comedian?
You watch too many movies...
Oh yeah, white people got out there and grew those cash crops... lol more whites in poverty than blacks lmao.. What's in that milk you're drinking?

Old 11-12-2010, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Because you are white you had far superior opportunities. Remember a lot of employers do not want to hire blacks or Hispanics because the negative stereotype of laziness, drug abuse, and gang relations. What is irritating is your entitlement that because you were a poor white person you deserve to hold a scornful and paternalistic attitude toward those who are different than you.
Yeah sure... tell that to the millions of white immigrants that are unable to get a job because they don't have "american experience".
Well... the stereotypes are based on truth... you know that?

Old 11-12-2010, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djackson74 View Post
Oh yeah, white people got out there and grew those cash crops... lol more whites in poverty than blacks lmao.. What's in that milk you're drinking?
There are fewer blacks in the US than whites in poverty! There are about 40 millions blacks in the US... but about 120 million whites in poverty!
Most of the whites are not CEOs, doctors or financial investors... most of them work at Wal-Mart, in restaurants or other services that don't pay very well.

Old 11-12-2010, 12:59 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,968,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
There's no "preferred usage of words" here... you're using it completely incorrectly. Not understanding that racism does not describe what your talking about in any form is problematic. You want me to write in Spanish? I can do that too.

Hay una diferencia entre el racismo y una disputa entre dos tribus. El racismo quiere decir que el conflicto origino de la raza... el tribalismo es completamente diferente. Es como decir que si francia ataca a inglatierra, es racista. No tiene mucho sentido, no?
Tribalism and racism, both have the same basis in hating another group because they are different from you. they may look the same but speak a different language, or religion. It makes no difference. You're attacking my choice of words because you've run out arguments

Tribalismo, racismo, los dos tienen la misma base entre odiando un otro gupe diferente a lo tuyo. Pueden aparecer lo mismo pero pueden hablar una idioma diferente o practicar una religión diferente. No hace ningúna diferencia. Estás atacandome por mi uso de ciertas palabras porque no tienes argumentos para hacer.

Quote:
Oh brother. Like talking to a wall

Old 11-12-2010, 01:01 AM

1,372 posts, read 1,550,879 times
Quote:
My employer was the U.S. Army and they will take anybody. I used the G.I. Bill to pay for my education. No excuses here; no "white privilege." Just hard work.

Old 11-12-2010, 01:01 AM

Why did they immigrate to the USA then? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkDrinker View Post
Yeah sure... tell that to the millions of white immigrants that are unable to get a job because they don't have "american experience".
Well... the stereotypes are based on truth... you know that?

Old 11-12-2010, 01:03 AM

How do you even know what white privilege is when you have it all the time? You are so accustomed to white privilege. You boast and brag about your hard work which is awfully strange for someone who works hard.

It's how you are treated within your job that counts, too. Social stratification is real. Minorities are stratified toward the bottom. Whites are treated better in general even in the U.S. Army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
My employer was the U.S. Army and they will take anybody. I used the G.I. Bill to pay for my education. No excuses here; no "white privilege." Just hard work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies