Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2010, 09:57 AM

6,914 posts, read 14,764,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
400 years? What have you been smoking? I think you may be confusing Africans with the Israelites of Biblical times.

I'm not even going to bother replying to this one. All you'd have to do is crack open a ****ing American history book to figure this one out.

Old 11-12-2010, 09:58 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,113,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
.. he was still just another ****** in the eyes of the mainstream though.
I voted for him. Since I'm the one being called racist here by virtue of having white skin, I can attest that to most, he was not just another n-word (which is what I assume you used there).

Old 11-12-2010, 10:00 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
A snob will always be a snob, no matter what color their skin happens to be.

Entitlements are not only for the poor. Snobs feel entitled too, everything legal or illegal. the law does not apply to them.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:01 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,304,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Ugh. I can relate. I'm a minority. And I've tried to discuss various minority related issues with people. And the majority of the time whites just do not get it. They have a severe lack of empathy and a horrifying lack of compassion. Half of the time I feel as if I am trying to communicate with profoundly retarded individuals. I guess they are the relatives of slave owners. They seem to think that everybody should be happy being a slave instead of speaking out for freedom and independence.
It's not that they are retarded it's just they live a different reality and their narrative is based on what they've been taught. The vast majority of White Americans have taken little time or effort to research Black Americans history, the various contributions Black Americans have made to the United States in terms of science, medicine, technology, the arts, the military or any other aspect of life. The way that American History is taught in schools contributes to this. It's obvious from many of the responses in this and other threads related to race that most of the posters have limited exposure to Black Americans and the exposure that they do have is confided to a small demographic of Black Americans which only serves to feed into their stereotypes.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:02 AM

6,914 posts, read 14,764,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Do you not see how what you're saying is racist?? You're sitting there telling us not to use a blanket statement when you yourself are doing just that.

You have a problem with your own kind who decide to get out of the ghetto and make something of themselves. Anyone who wants to be successful must assimilate to the mainstream to a certain extent. The mainstream does not push the issue of poor blacks, etc. to the side unless it can be on Cops! What world are you living in? And why do you think the so-called Uncle Toms don't care about the struggles of their fellow black man? How do you know that? Maybe these people can see past all the crap "their people" are spewing and get to the point, which was the whole point of this thread...it's not going to stop until minorities stop perpetuating it! Rev Wright is a great example, btw.
Maybe because that's what the word Uncle Tom means? I'm about to burst at the seams from laughing... you'd NEVER generalize that all blacks live in the ghetto but you'll stereotype that all blacks are FROM the ghetto. And yes, they do. What world do YOU live in? Obviously you believe that mainstream American can't possibly be at fault here.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
And trying to help sometimes is like beating your head against a wall...especially when they make no effort to help themselves.
Who is "They"?

Old 11-12-2010, 10:07 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,325,718 times
I owe you nothing because of your skin color. You likewise owe me nothing because of mine. My only obligation is to treat the next person who walks through my door the same way I treated the last person to do so -the way they treat me. The time for special pleading is over. You want more than you have? Get off your a** and earn it. I won't stand in your way. That is my only obligation in these matters.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Sigh... obviously you've never been outside of the US. If you'd ever been south of the border, you'd realize that the poorest of the poor (ie those who live on less than a couple dollars a day) commit the least amount of crimes. Crime in Latin America is nearly exclusively an urban phenomenon, not too dissimilar from the way it is here. While the urban poor are committing most of the violent crime, they are not nearly as poor as those living in the tiny rural farm communities. Part of it is that community isn't valued as much in the big city... part of it is that city life is far more of a dog-eat-dog lifestyle than rural life would ever be. In America, crime and poverty are equated in large part because the vast majority of the US is fully urbanized.

And you're brainwashed if you think that white people don't deal their share of drugs and murder their share of people. Ever heard of the Hells Angels? KKK? Aryan Brotherhood? Seriously? Places like Iowa have some of the highest rape rates in the country... they're also lily white. You trying to compare what I presume to be a typical white middle class neighborhood with the ghetto is ridiculous. Obviously you've never been to a white ghetto. Its equally dangerous.

Well no **** white collar crime is committed because of greed. WTF do you think drives drug dealing? Prostitution? Do you think they do it because they like it?

And why are you trying to separate "minority culture" from American culture? Do white people have a monopoly on "American culture"? You're no different than the other *******s who think that non-whites/christians/heterosexuals = unamerican.

What did you just call me? What the heck are you talking about now??? You make no sense!!

No, I have not been outside the U.S. We are not talking about other countries here. But if you want to compare blacks with the Latinos, are there not more blacks in urban areas?

Did I say that whites do not commit violent crimes? No, I did not. I said the majority of crimes committed by blacks are violent and more random whereas whites commit white collar crimes that are the result of taking advantage or manipulating someone they know. You said the latter yourself.

I actually have been in a white ghetto. I've been in black ghettos, and Spanish ghettos, too. I feel safest in the white ghetto b/c I'm white, followed by the Spanish ghetto b/c I'm Spanish, then the black ghetto b/c I stick out like a sore thumb. That's a fact of life.

Where did I separate "minority culture" and "American culture"? I haven't. But I will. Mainstream is not equal to minority culture. That's also a fact of life.

If you're going to start cursing, I may just start flagging your posts. How about that? How about some respect? If not, then please leave this thread. This is an intelligent discussion, not a name-calling contest.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:14 AM

Quote:

I'm not even going to bother replying to this one. All you'd have to do is crack open a ****ing American history book to figure this one out.
America had not even been founded for 400 years when slavery was ended. STOP CURSING!

Old 11-12-2010, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
All people`are racist, that's the nature of the beast. Some are able to intellectually overcome that, some are not.
The does NOT justify its acceptance in society.

Also not all people are racist. People more often than not are TAUGHT TO BE RACIST BY THEIR PARENTS, PEERS, AND COMMUNITY.

I know plenty of people off all racial backgrounds that are not racist. More often than not they've been around of variety of people in their lives across all sorts of racial and social backgrounds and they've learned to treat people as INDIVIDUALS AND NOT STEREOTYPES. They've also taken the time to understands other people's history and culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies