Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 07:41 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,535,122 times

Advertisements

Look, If you go back and read any of my posts, you all will know I'm a huge hater of Sarah Palin. But Bristol is another story - I've got a soft spot in my heart for her. And regardless if the tea baggers kept her there or not, she's actually improved A LOT and I'm glad to see her stay. Mostly b/c I HATE Brandy.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:41 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,851,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I watched that show early in the season until my favorites dropped out one by one. My mother is a die hard and called me last night to phone in my votes for jennifer grey. Jennifer Grey is nearly perfect in her dancing. I pray that the palin doesn't walk off winning this thing.
Maybe next season one of the Obama girls should compete?
Jennifer Grey has had professional dance training. Of course her dancing is going to be better then other on the show but its also about the votes.

Many doesnt like Jennifer Greys whining and complaining

Old 11-17-2010, 07:44 AM

17,425 posts, read 14,668,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
It's not about an obsession with the Palin family. It is about the far right /Tea Party's obsession with politicizing and winning things just to spite the left/President Obama, even if it means giving someone something they don't deserve or hurting someone who does deserve to win but doesn't support their agenda. This just goes to show that they will go to any length to win and no critical thinking, logic or fairness is involved. They're like a pack of hungry coyotes but can't see that there is food right in front of them.
Did you sleep through the whole ACORN voter fraud mess?

Old 11-17-2010, 07:44 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,851,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
Look, If you go back and read any of my posts, you all will know I'm a huge hater of Sarah Palin. But Bristol is another story - I've got a soft spot in my heart for her. And regardless if the tea baggers kept her there or not, she's actually improved A LOT and I'm glad to see her stay. Mostly b/c I HATE Brandy.
We dont agree a lot but we agree on this one

I'd rather support someone like Bristol, Heck my votes was going to Kurt Warner and not Bristol when he was on the show. My votes when I do vote also goes to the person with no dance background and that is trying and improving.

I'd rather vote for the most improved then someone like Jennifer Grey that has had professional dance training and even Brandy thats also had dance in her background.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:46 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,865,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
Seriously? With everything the way it is in this country right now (you might have heard about the tanking economy, people losing their homes, their jobs, etc.) - THIS is something you want people to focus on? A dancing contest? Please, go back to your TV.
and you really think their "focus" matters? there is nothing you are doing today, tonight or tomorrow that will impact the economy , foreclosures or the scheme of things... nor any person in CD.. go ahead and vote for the best dancers the US will try hard to keep going in your absence.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:48 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Did you sleep through the whole ACORN voter fraud mess?

What does ACORN have to do with this? Some ACORN employees faked voter registration forms. Do you seriously think that this somehow affected the outcome of the 2008 election? That is reaching. It has nothing to do with the rabid, frothing at the mouth, pack mentality that is running rampant through the right.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:50 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
I only watched Dancing with the stars past 2 wks because it was brought to my attention about unfairness

There is no way Bristol Palin should have beat out Brandy tonite, this turned into a political thing.

If any of you can try to view the past 3 shows,you will see what I mean, I know alot of you may not care too.

Please remember to vote next week regardless if you watch it or not and vote for the best dancer not because of who her mother is.

You'd have to kill me to belong to the tea party, how low can you go to do something like this and to great dancers who worked really hard.
And in the very first show several years ago, that Playmate model/actress shouldn't have beaten John what's his name. There was so much outrage they had a dance off and John won handily.

And there is no way Emitt Smith, who I really like as a person, wasn't the best dancer when he won.

I haven't watched the show since.

The host Tom, who has admitted to being very liberal, has said the claims about voting for her because of her mother are unfounded. He has stated Bristol has shown remarkable progress since she started on the show.

IMO, it is pretty shallow of you say she "only" won because of her mother. I thought the left hated her and there are so many more lefties in this country than righties.

If you vote and encourage others to vote even if they haven't watched the show because of her mother, what does that make you?

You show the typical liberal position. Bristol won because she got more votes. You don't like her because of her mother therefore in your shallow mind Bristol shouldn't win.

Maybe you think she wasn't better, is swayed by your anti Tea Party, Sarah bias.

People who disagree with you are wrong and should be punished because they don't think as you do.

You encourage cheating, vote next week regardless if you watch it or not, just to get your way.

How pathetic!

Last edited by Quick Enough; 11-17-2010 at 08:04 AM..

Old 11-17-2010, 07:51 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,392,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
Perhaps Palins should be analyzed for their in your face scams instead.
again, all this worry and freaky focus on the Palins is just weird. you might want to get that checked out....

Im just trying to help you here. you will feel better if you do...

Old 11-17-2010, 07:52 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,116,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I pray that the palin doesn't walk off winning this thing.
Why would you pray ill will on someone else?

Old 11-17-2010, 07:53 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,591,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
This is perhaps the biggest load of crap I've seen on CD to date.

AGREED!!!

Some people need to get a life!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies