Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2010, 08:30 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Not true, Kelly Osborne couldnt dance either and she made it to the top 3.

How ironic a democrat that has a problem with a single mother. Guess you all would love Bristol more if she was living on welfare but the girls goes on a show to earn some money and have a little fun and you all hate on her.

lol Kate was a married women that had children with her husband.

I dont understand people hating on a person for simply dancing
You certainly like to put words in people's mouths, don't you. My very first words of the post you're replying to said: "Bristol seems like a nice kid...." and I mean that. I don't hate her at all. BUT I don't understand the hypocrisy of the far right conservatives who are putting Bristol on a pedestal for getting pregnant out of wedlock while criticizing liberal celebrities for doing the same. And tell me just how is her appearance on the show going to effect her ability to give teen abstinence speeches around the country like she's been doing? It's a little hard to say getting pregnant at such a young age is bad thing when it gets you on a top rated TV show and a house in Hollywood. As far as I'm concerned her creditably as a teen abstinence advocate is shot. If I hate anything it's neo-conservative hypocrisy.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:31 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,054,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The fact we are even discussing this, is hilarious, in it's own light.

Can you stand back for just one second and look how shallow, this whole topic is?
Really..........you mean shallow like a bunch of guys arguing over a sports event?

Old 11-17-2010, 08:31 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,850,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
But he was elected, by a landslide.
Even Mccain has slipped into anonymity.

Now Sarah Palin's cultish groupies are cheating for her kid (but not really for her kid, if you get my drift).
Prove there is cheating

Old 11-17-2010, 08:33 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
You certainly like to put words in people's mouths, don't you. My very first words of the post you're replying to said: "Bristol seems like a nice kid...." and I mean that. I don't hate her at all. BUT I don't understand the hypocrisy of the far right conservatives who are putting Bristol on a pedestal for getting pregnant out of wedlock while criticizing liberal celebrities for doing the same. And tell me just how is her appearance on the show going to effect her ability to give teen abstinence speeches around the country like she's been doing? It's a little hard to say getting pregnant at such a young age is bad thing when it gets you on a top rated TV show and a house in Hollywood. As far as I'm concerned her creditably as a teen abstinence advocate is shot. If I hate anything it's neo-conservative hypocrisy.
oh come on. what you hate is conservatism.

you use the word hypocrisy as a tool to discredit conservatives.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:33 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
So according to you, Sarah Palin is secretly rallying the entire conservative base to vote unethically for her daughter in a TV dancing contest just to make Obama mad? Who did you say was not using logic?

Lol...nice try . Never said that. I don't think that most of them are voting unethically because she asked them to. They are voting unethically because they are unethical, but it's not that serious. It's a dance contest. It does get serious when they carry their unethical ways into the voting booth or media with lies, sound bytes and distorted facts to incite fear in the masses. Just pointing out that the craziness carried over into DWTS.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:34 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,054,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Uh, no.

Go back and read my post a couple of posts back. Nothing political going on.

www.votefortheworst.com

How about you go back and read the link I posted?

Democratic Underground - How Tea Party's "Operation Bristol" is Cheating The DWTS Voting System - Democratic Underground

Old 11-17-2010, 08:35 AM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
I have read a lot of claims that Bristol can't dance and Brandy is a much better dancer. I don't watch the show, so this is an honest question. What were the score from the Professional judges for the 2?

Old 11-17-2010, 08:36 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Methinks the libs are quite the conspiracy theorists, at least the ones here on CD.
I don't watch the show, but my walking partner does. She told me about it this morning. She is a lifelong Repub. and was appalled.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:38 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,535,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I have read a lot of claims that Bristol can't dance and Brandy is a much better dancer. I don't watch the show, so this is an honest question. What were the score from the Professional judges for the 2?
Regardless of scores - Brandy's attitude was the playing factor of her demise so to speak. She is a big baby who thinks she had a "right" to be there. America saw that and didn't vote for her.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:39 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,850,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
People are not putting her on a pedestal but even if they were the reason is because she is being responsible. Who is criticizing liberal celebrities? Who even cares if they have a baby long as they are caring for and taking care of the child.

So because she was able to appear on dwts some how means she cant relate to being a teen mom? You sure seem to discount that most teens realize that they wont be able to appear on dwts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies