Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2010, 10:35 AM

17,427 posts, read 14,663,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Has any democrat had their child on the show? Bristol is the first non celebrity they have had on DWTS. Shouldn't
they have asked Sarah instead?

Seems to me DWTS changed their format base. Who are they going to have on next, the guy that stormed off the plane after swearing at a passenger

I even thought Kate Gosselin was a stretch, but at least she had a long running reality show.
Turns out she was a horrible dancer

I would guess more people knew the name Bristol Palin than 1/2 the people who are on the show.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:38 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,054,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Is there something stopping you from voting for Brandy with multi email addys?

Did you phone in votes for Brandy?

I phoned in my votes...........and that is all I did. I am not a cheater.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:43 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,850,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
The football players had a fan base that they earned themselves..........not their mother's fan base. I also never heard of the NFL posting instructions on how to stack the votes.

Who did I vote for? You tell first.

I posted on another thread about Bristol being on DWTS in the very beginning.
I said I wished her well and hoped this was an oportunity for her to break away from her mother's influence and become her own person. I also said I hoped her mother didn't drag politics into this.

I was hoping Bristol would use this as an opportunity to become an independent adult, stand on her own..............guess not.

I didn't drag her mother's politics into this situation.................her mother did that.

I am still judging Bristol on her own abilities.........and guess what...........she has been the worst dancer on there for weeks.
lol OMG!!!!!!! LMBO asking people to vote for your daughter is not stacking the votes. lol I bet you didnt have a problem with Chad went back and did a promotions with the Cinci Bengal fans while he was on dancing with the stars. You dont think that was asking for votes for the show or a publicity stunt lol

If you had a child on dwts would you not ask everyone to vote for your child?

I have told you many times. I was voting for Kurt Warner till he got voted off. It wasnt till yesterdays show that I voted for Bristol. I am a sometime voter. Sometimes I feel like voting and sometimes I dont.

OMG Some of you must think that Sarah locks her children in a room and only lets them out for a limited amount of time lol

This is just ridiculous it really is. Do you realize it is post like yours and the flat out hate you appear to have for this women that is pushing people to her. I dont like Sarah Palin but here i sit defending her against the flat out ridiculous claims like her children need to get away from her influence. As if she is beating her children or causing them to become criminals or just forcing them to do these terrible things

Yes Bristol can control if her mother supporters vote for her or not.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:43 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,019,242 times
Meanwhile, to be filed under "Some people take this WAY too seriously"...

a 67 year old man in Wisconsin ended up with the SWAT team paying a visit to his home last night...after he blasted his TV with his shotgun following the results of DWTS.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:44 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,597,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
No, I can. When it exists.

You post link after link after link but never seem to look at sites that are posted (directly to you) that offer proof of a different or opposing viewpoint.

So, I just won't waste my time any longer.

(Btw, Obama cheated his way into office - there's truckloads of proof on that.)
I have looked at your links. So what is your point?
You refuse to look at irrefutable proof of conservatives cheating for Sarah, er, I mean Bristol, oops I meant Sarah...oh you know what I mean!
It is blatantly obvious to the most casual observer who is not in the Palin cult that this monster is using (borderline abusing) her daughter for dirty politics FOR HERSELF.
Last chance to look at the blatant truth, before I ignore list you:
Conservatives4Palin.com: Bristol in 'DWTS' Semi-Finals - UPDATED: Governor Palin Talks About Bristol (http://www.conservatives4palin.com/2010/11/bristol-in-dwts-semi-finals.html - broken link)

(PS You got no proof btw, or you would've posted it.)

Old 11-17-2010, 10:45 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
I only watched Dancing with the stars past 2 wks because it was brought to my attention about unfairness

There is no way Bristol Palin should have beat out Brandy tonite, this turned into a political thing.

If any of you can try to view the past 3 shows,you will see what I mean, I know alot of you may not care too.

Please remember to vote next week regardless if you watch it or not and vote for the best dancer not because of who her mother is.

You'd have to kill me to belong to the tea party, how low can you go to do something like this and to great dancers who worked really hard.
This is hilarious! You only watched the show (for only two weeks) because you heard their was "unfairness", and people were voting for Bristol Palin?

You couldn't wait to then post your comments about what you view as a "political thing", because you hate Palin! This is so typical of the left.

Then you tell people to cheat, and to vote next week whether they watch the show or not!! That sounds a lot like the kind of fraud we get from the left in our national elections, does it not?

And what does this have to do with the "Tea Party Movement"?

How do you know what reasons people have for voting the way they do? Do you have a crystal ball?

I don't watch this show at all...but your thread and comment caught my eye.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:46 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
No I dont go to dancing with the stars message board. I didnt even know they had one. I dont go to Palins blog either. Not every tea party person loves Palin.

So what if every single tea party person votes for Bristol what is the problem? Do you think Sarah is the only person that is promoting to get votes for say Bristol?

You dont think Ray J was getting all his friends and what not to vote for Brandy and to get their friends also.

Heck I follow Maks on twitter and they were on twitter asking for votes also. Its not just Sarah asking people to vote for her child. Of course she is going to ask people to vote for her daughter. Would you not ask people to vote for yours?

I really dont see the problem.
When Tom De Lay---the past majority leader of the house of representatives---was on Dancing with the Stars I threw some votes his way because he was fun to watch and seemed to be having a lot of fun. What you are saying about everyone who goes on the show asks their fans for votes is true. BUT Sarah Palin has broke new ground by using her political base in a new, frivolous way. Sarah would get more respect from me if she had just asked people to watch the show, but her emphasis has always been on voting. Tom De Lay didn't lower himself to campaign for votes in political circles like Sarah is doing. Yes, everyone on the show has a right to ask their fans to vote, but Sarah is NOT on the show is she but she's asking HER fans to vote....... Some people have a problem with that, others don't. Big deal.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:46 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,850,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I phoned in my votes...........and that is all I did. I am not a cheater.
What part of its not cheating when people can do it for everyone on the show?

lol You think this is the 1st time people have made mutli email accounts to vote for something. lol Dale Jr fans do it to vote for him to be the most popular driver. They have done it for years. But that doesnt make them cheaters because the Jeff Gordon Fans can do the same thing

By the way I only phone in my votes also.

lol Some of you all need to learn just what cheating really is. Heck the show allows it or they would change it to only allow an ISP to vote so often. People arent going to change their isp like that just to vote on DWTS.

So I guess the show is cheaters also. Since their system allows for multi email accounts to vote.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:47 AM

78,437 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Seems like he'd fit right in around here....

Excite News - Authorities: Wis. man shoots TV over Palin dance

Old 11-17-2010, 10:48 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,597,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
I only watched Dancing with the stars past 2 wks because it was brought to my attention about unfairness

There is no way Bristol Palin should have beat out Brandy tonite, this turned into a political thing.

If any of you can try to view the past 3 shows,you will see what I mean, I know alot of you may not care too.

Please remember to vote next week regardless if you watch it or not and vote for the best dancer not because of who her mother is.

You'd have to kill me to belong to the tea party, how low can you go to do something like this and to great dancers who worked really hard.
My compliments to your thread. It is very relevant to POLITICS FORUM, it brings down the Palin house of cards. The conservatives are rabidly defending their politically-motivated cheating for SARAH Palin (not for Bristol Palin.) It is unconscionable that "christian" conservatives corrupt in this manner, and sad for Bristol because she IS a sweet young lady.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies