Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2010, 10:50 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,850,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
When Tom De Lay---the past majority leader of the house of representatives---was on Dancing with the Stars I threw some votes his way because he was fun to watch and seemed to be having a lot of fun. What you are saying about everyone who goes on the show asks their fans for votes is true. BUT Sarah Palin has broke new ground by using her political base in a new, frivolous way. Sarah would get more respect from me if she had just asked people to watch the show, but her emphasis has always been on voting. Tom De Lay didn't lower himself to campaign for votes in political circles like Sarah is doing. Yes, everyone on the show has a right to ask their fans to vote, but Sarah is NOT on the show is she but she's asking HER fans to vote.......
That is not true nor fair to say. Chad Johnson ( ohcho) the Bengal WR during the show went back and had an event with bengal fans that aired on the show. You dont think he was doing that to get votes? Come on now. No one had a problem with this type of thing till the name involved was Palin. Plan and simple

Heck Chad use to wear shirts asking for people to vote for him. T. Owen the guy that was always there to support Chad use to ask people to vote for Chad on his twitter page. That is no different then Sarah asking someone to vote for her daughter.

So you think that Sarah should be the ONLY mother or spouse or whatever that isnt allowed to ask people to support her child? Come on now that is just over the top and totally not fair

Most people didnt know who Tom Delay was lets be real.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:52 AM

17,428 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
I have looked at your links. So what is your point?
You refuse to look at irrefutable proof of conservatives cheating for Sarah, er, I mean Bristol, oops I meant Sarah...oh you know what I mean!
It is blatantly obvious to the most casual observer who is not in the Palin cult that this monster is using (borderline abusing) her daughter for dirty politics FOR HERSELF.
Last chance to look at the blatant truth, before I ignore list you:
Conservatives4Palin.com: Bristol in 'DWTS' Semi-Finals - UPDATED: Governor Palin Talks About Bristol (http://www.conservatives4palin.com/2010/11/bristol-in-dwts-semi-finals.html - broken link)

(PS You got no proof btw, or you would've posted it.)
You will ignore me because I won't look at the one link when I've looked at most of the rest of your others ... and you've NEVER looked at one of mine? You've never referenced any of my links in any of your responses ... you just post link after link.

Just know this, if you choose to use the ignore feature on me, I know it will not be because I won't look at this one link - it will be your excuse for never looking at links that I post.

"Oh, Chuckity? I have her on ignore ... I don't HAVE to look at her links"

And I've posted proof that the far more powerful site is VFTW.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:53 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,019,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
My compliments to your thread. It is very relevant to POLITICS FORUM, it brings down the Palin house of cards. The conservatives are rabidly defending their politically-motivated cheating for SARAH Palin (not for Bristol Palin.) It is unconscionable that "christian" conservatives corrupt in this manner, and sad for Bristol because she IS a sweet young lady.
You realize you just complimented a poster for encouraging people to vote 'regardless of whether they watch the show'.

Why do I just KNOW that the irony of your post will be completely lost on you.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:53 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Ok, this leftist went off the cliff - anybody know him? He sounds eerily familiar.

Bristol Palin

Quote:
Allegedly set off by Bristol Palin’s appearance on “Dancing with the Stars,” a rural Black Earth man kept police at bay outside his home for 15 hours Monday and Tuesday before he surrendered to police.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:01 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,591,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Ok, this leftist went off the cliff - anybody know him? He sounds eerily familiar.

Bristol Palin

He is the perfect example of a typical lefty. Nutbags - all of them! That is actually frightening someone could be so stupid and pathetic.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:01 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I don't waste my time with that sort of programming, particularly when it involves the camera hungry Palin family.
Ha,ha,ha....another hateful anti-Palin comment from a leftist! "Camera hungry Palin family"? This is hilarious!!

Of course there are no leftist that could be called "camera hungry". Oh, nooo....Oh, wait... there is Pelosi and Reid, just to name two.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:10 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
That is not true nor fair to say. Chad Johnson ( ohcho) the Bengal WR during the show went back and had an event with bengal fans that aired on the show. You dont think he was doing that to get votes? Come on now. No one had a problem with this type of thing till the name involved was Palin. Plan and simple

Heck Chad use to wear shirts asking for people to vote for him. T. Owen the guy that was always there to support Chad use to ask people to vote for Chad on his twitter page. That is no different then Sarah asking someone to vote for her daughter.

So you think that Sarah should be the ONLY mother or spouse or whatever that isnt allowed to ask people to support her child? Come on now that is just over the top and totally not fair

Most people didnt know who Tom Delay was lets be real.
You don't seem to be getting my point. I have NO problem with anyone campaigning for votes for themselves. That's the nature of the show, to allow contestants to round up more viewers to watch the program and vote. I'm not the one calling it cheating either. What I am saying is that it's tacky for Sarah Palin, in her high-profile position, to use her POLITICAL arm to campaign for votes for her daughter. If she was doing it only in her social circles, I'd have no problem with that. But our political system is being reduced to a joke by what Sarah is doing regarding her heavy-handed support of Bristol on the show. You have your opinion, I have mine and both are valid and shall never meet. Anyway, stop putting words in my mouth and reading things in between the lines that I didn't say or even think about saying.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:11 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
lol. The group think attack dogs were let out of their cages in this thread. These people are predictable puppets.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:13 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
You don't seem to be getting my point. I have NO problem with anyone campaigning for votes for themselves. That's the nature of the show, to allow contestants to round up more viewers to watch the program and vote. I'm not the one calling it cheating either. What I am saying is that it's tacky for Sarah Palin, in her high-profile position, to use her POLITICAL arm to campaign for votes for her daughter. If she was doing it only in her social circles, I'd have no problem with that. But our political system is being reduced to a joke by what Sarah is doing regarding her heavy-handed support of Bristol on the show. You have your opinion, I have mine and both are valid and shall never meet. Anyway, stop putting words in my mouth.
Oh stop already. Your rage is clouding your brain! Sarah Palin is not in Politics, she is NOT an elected official or the leader of anything. She can promote whatever she feels like promoting without asking you for permission first.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:16 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
You will ignore me because I won't look at the one link when I've looked at most of the rest of your others ... and you've NEVER looked at one of mine? You've never referenced any of my links in any of your responses ... you just post link after link.

Just know this, if you choose to use the ignore feature on me, I know it will not be because I won't look at this one link - it will be your excuse for never looking at links that I post.

"Oh, Chuckity? I have her on ignore ... I don't HAVE to look at her links"

And I've posted proof that the far more powerful site is VFTW.
I'd be breathing a sigh of relief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
lol. The group think attack dogs were let out of their cages in this thread. These people are predictable puppets.
It's amusing watching the Left twist in the wind, they are like waves breaking on a rocky shore.

Reminds me of little ankle-biting canines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies