Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2010, 11:46 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,788,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
This is perhaps the biggest load of crap I've seen on CD to date.
I see nothing wrong with what she said. I agree with her. If Tea is reducing itself to nothing more than gossiping biddies pushing popularity agendas, there's a russian judge seat on the olympic committee that needs filling to make sure canadian figure skaters lose to the russian couple for the sake of 'national honor'.

Slime is slime is slime, and Bristol is learning quite a lesson, isn't she? Think again about how this lesson echoes the disgraceful state of conservative agenda all too willing to rig the process for 15 minutes of fame. Next you'll be celebrating Watergate as a triumph.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:50 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,591,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Oh, they are! This is so hilarious!! Their true colors are really showing.

It is hilarious!

It shows you what too much kool-aide drinking will make you - a hypocritical, vicious, attacking, cry baby, expecting hand outs around every corner - i.e. a Democrat.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:50 AM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyJersey View Post
And isn't that ultimately what their impotent rage is about? Because if Palin's popularity has kept Bristol on the show...and TLC just posted record numbers of viewers for her Alaska show..well, that just about confirms their worst fears.

So secure and smug were they that Palin is just a laughable, ignorant, shrieking joke that certainly she'd be reduced to has-been status. But look at this..appears that a heck of lot of people remain interested in what she has to say. Remain supportive of her message, and her ability to continue to deliver that message despite everything that they've thrown at her.

So those on the left...deal with it. She's popular. Period. She has influence. Period.

And really, again, congratulate yourselves. For she never, never would have made it this far without you. (And Bristol would never have even been considered for DWTS).
Being popular isn't necessarily a bragging right. Jersey Shore kids are popular too as are many other folks who aren't exactly admirable. Nobody has said the Palin's aren't popular, you can't turn on a tv, computer or look at a newspaper without seeing the name. But that doesn't influence me...popularity is for suckers and sheep. You have to be picky with your influences.

Regardless, DWTS is just entertainment and popularity. We like to think the best dancers will win and they often do, but it's really no skin off my nose either way. It's just sad for the better dancers that they get sucked up in this kind of stuff.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:54 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,739,877 times
Default Police: Wis. man shoots TV after Palin dance

Who says people from Wisconsin are stupid?

"MADISON, Wis. (AP) —
Prosecutors say a rural Wisconsin man blasted his TV with a shotgun after watching Bristol Palin's "Dancing with the Stars" routine, sparking an all-night standoff with a SWAT team.

According to court documents, 67-year-old Steven Cowan became enraged while watching Palin dance on Monday evening. He felt Palin was not a good dancer."

Police: Wis. man shoots TV after Palin dance - chicagotribune.com

Old 11-17-2010, 11:55 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
Didn't she go on to future rounds because of people voting? Where are you during the Academy Awards when lefty Hollywood votes for their favorites?

Old 11-17-2010, 11:57 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,850,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
You don't seem to be getting my point. I have NO problem with anyone campaigning for votes for themselves. That's the nature of the show, to allow contestants to round up more viewers to watch the program and vote. I'm not the one calling it cheating either. What I am saying is that it's tacky for Sarah Palin, in her high-profile position, to use her POLITICAL arm to campaign for votes for her daughter. If she was doing it only in her social circles, I'd have no problem with that. But our political system is being reduced to a joke by what Sarah is doing regarding her heavy-handed support of Bristol on the show. You have your opinion, I have mine and both are valid and shall never meet. Anyway, stop putting words in my mouth and reading things in between the lines that I didn't say or even think about saying.
Was it tacky for T.O to campaign for votes for Chad?

I dont think it is tacky at all for a mother to ask for support for their child.

This is not about politics. Only the left is making this about politics. It wasnt about politics when Tom Delay was on the show. But all of a sudden a Palin is and its this big political issue. Why cant it be about a girl dancing and her mother supporting her?

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Didn't she go on to future rounds because of people voting? Where are you during the Academy Awards when lefty Hollywood votes for their favorites?
That's the point of the Academy Awards.... It's NOT an American Popularity contest, it's a PEER thing.

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
I am sure he was a member of a tea party

Old 11-17-2010, 11:59 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Anyone that watches Dances with the Stars probably isn't that mentally stable to start with. Or at least has way too much time on their hands.

Old 11-17-2010, 12:02 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
sounds like one of the leftist loons on this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies