Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2010, 08:07 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,952,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
What a strange post... no politician in modern history has been so vilified.

FEMINIST stated on nation television that Palin should "stay home and raise her kids"

and you don’t think there is an obsession with Palin?

then you say that the unnatural and incessant focus on the Palin’s by liberals is a result of “the far right /Tea Party's obsession with politicizing and winning things just to spite the left/President Obama”

Paranoia is a serious psychological issue my friend.

Not an obsession, a lot of people don't like her. Not because she's a woman, not because they're jealous but because she is corrupt, deceitful and self-serving. If you call people expressiing their dislike for someone who is constantly in the public eye "obsessed" than there are a whole lot of people on this board who are more than obsessed with the president. With all the lies and propaganda being spread by the right to incite fear among the masses, it's ironic that you bring up paranoia. Personally, I don't even watch the show and have never voted for anyone on it. I still think the Tea Party and their sympathizers consist of a bunch of frothing at the mouth sheeple. I am sure that many of them voted for Pailin over and over. I even head someone say that they think this is the way people will vote in the general election, based on DWTS. Last I heard, Bristol isn't running for president.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:10 AM

17,464 posts, read 14,702,131 times
You know, I haven't been watching DWTS much but I had a feeling that I would find this:

Vote for the Worst

For those of you that don't know, Vote For The Worst plays a decent part in getting the crappy singers to go far on American Idol - in fact, that's what it was created around. And now, they've taken on DWTS & Bristol.

So no, there's no right wing, Tea Party conspiracy ... ... Everybody on the left can calm the heck down already.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:10 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,856,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Bristol seems like a nice kid but she can't dance and usually by this point in the contest a person's fan base isn't enough to keep them on the show when there are better dancers. I think that's what's got fans of the show so upset for the other contests. The show is using her and her mother to get their viewership up---we all know that---BUT what a terrible message her appearance on the program is sending to our youth: get pregnant out of wedlock and that makes you famous enough to appear on TV, no social penalty to pay, just get pregnant and you've got your ticket to fame and fortune like Bristol, Kate and Octo-mom. I don't understand why her mother's conservative fan base thinks Bristol's winning Dancing with the Stars would be such a cool thing. When their own daughters become sexually active teens they can blame their own voting record with Bristol for sending the wrong message to their children.
Not true, Kelly Osborne couldnt dance either and she made it to the top 3.

How ironic a democrat that has a problem with a single mother. Guess you all would love Bristol more if she was living on welfare but the girls goes on a show to earn some money and have a little fun and you all hate on her.

lol Kate was a married women that had children with her husband.

I dont understand people hating on a person for simply dancing

Old 11-17-2010, 08:11 AM

20,484 posts, read 12,409,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Not an obsession, a lot of people don't like her. Not because she's a woman, not because they're jealous but because she is corrupt, deceitful and self-serving. If you call people expressiing their dislike for someone who is constantly in the public eye "obsessed" than there are a whole lot of people on this board who are more than obsessed with the president. With all the lies and propaganda being spread by the right to incite fear among the masses, it's ironic that you bring up paranoia. Personally, I don't even watch the show and have never voted for anyone on it. I still think the Tea Party and their sympathizers consist of a bunch of frothing at the mouth sheeple. I am sure that many of them voted for Pailin over and over. I even head someone say that they think this is the way people will vote in the general election, based on DWTS. Last I heard, Bristol isn't running for president.
and beer aint wet.

the first step to recovery is admitting there is a problem my friend. There really is help for you...

Peace and well wishes on your road to recovery!

theleftisntobsessedwithpalin...obsurd...

Old 11-17-2010, 08:14 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,598,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
again, all this worry and freaky focus on the Palins is just weird. you might want to get that checked out....

Im just trying to help you here. you will feel better if you do...
If Palins would get off of nationalized book tours, national TV reality shows, national dance show, we would not a hear a word about them, now would we. The Palins are a cult of greed, I am not a member of their moneymaking cult. The minions who are members of the Palin money-making greedfest need the serious help, seriously.
The Palin crowd are like Ambots, another cult of greed.

OpEdNews - Diary: Sarah Palin And The Cult Of Longevity
'...When are we going to be rid of these people? Jeez, I knew this woman was going to be trouble from the moment she stepped onstage with John McCain. It was just one of those chilly little feelings one gets, a nasty little premonition that this was one ignoramus we were going to be stuck with for a long, long time....'

Old 11-17-2010, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
It was just one of those chilly little feelings one gets, a nasty little premonition that this was one ignoramus we were going to be stuck with for a long, long time....'
This is EXACTLY how I felt when Obama was elected.

8,806 posts, read 6,120,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Each individual dancer asking for votes online is a lot different than a contestant using her mothers political party as a voting block.
I highly doubt Bristol or Sarah had anything to do with conservative sites encouraging people to vote.

15,700 posts, read 17,069,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
How are the Palins doing anything dirty? Bristol is dancing in the show, that is all. How can people be spinning this so much?
It is dirty because Bristol's mother is using her politcal influence to get votes for her daughter. Her mother's political allies are LITERALLY telling people how to CHEAT the voting system to gain votes for Bristol.

If Bristol wins this contest, she should give the mirror ball to her mother.......she is the one that got the votes, not her daughter.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
It is dirty because Bristol's mother is using her politcal influence to get votes for her daughter. Her mother's political allies are LITERALLY telling people how to CHEAT the voting system to gain votes for Bristol.

If Bristol wins this contest, she should give the mirror ball to her mother.......she is the one that got the votes, not her daughter.
Uh, no.

Go back and read my post a couple of posts back. Nothing political going on.

www.votefortheworst.com

Old 11-17-2010, 08:19 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,535,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
We dont agree a lot but we agree on this one

I'd rather support someone like Bristol, Heck my votes was going to Kurt Warner and not Bristol when he was on the show. My votes when I do vote also goes to the person with no dance background and that is trying and improving.

I'd rather vote for the most improved then someone like Jennifer Grey that has had professional dance training and even Brandy thats also had dance in her background.
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I don't have time to watch these shows - but from the breakroom conversations, I get the impression that Jennifer Gray dances okay but is whiney and complaining and the audience just doesn't like her. Bristol Palin is shy and modest - and is just more likeable.

I don't really get the concept of the show - making young and older compete on the same terms, and inexperienced non-dancers compete with experienced professional dancers like Gray.

And as far as politics - obviously likeability is a factor there also. Bill Clinton made a whole career out of convincing naive voters he was a likeable guy, and in that case it was just a good con game.
I agree - Jennifer is whiney and too "Oh, woe as me" for my liking and did you see Brandy's exit speech? She didn't even say anything! She is a ***** and didn't deserve to get that far just based on her attitude alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies