Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 05:36 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Exactly.
Relating DWTS to anything meaningful is like, like, ..... relating FOX to news.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:38 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Relating DWTS to anything meaningful is like, like, ..... relating FOX to news.
You mean MSNBC.......................................

Old 11-17-2010, 05:39 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Awww.....the latest attack from the Left on Palin....attack her daughter now, again.

Another manufactured smear by the Left;

BREAKING NEWS!! Bristol fans are VOTING for her!! And there is a guarantee her mother's enemies are voting against her.

Dumb new “scandal”: Tea partiers are rigging “Dancing with the Stars” for Bristol Palin or something « Hot Air

Watch the ABC video.

The expert guests are flabbergasted by the question from George.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:42 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
I only watched Dancing with the stars past 2 wks because it was brought to my attention about unfairness
There is no way Bristol Palin should have beat out Brandy tonite, this turned into a political thing.
If any of you can try to view the past 3 shows,you will see what I mean, I know alot of you may not care too.
Please remember to vote next week regardless if you watch it or not and vote for the best dancer not because of who her mother is.
You'd have to kill me to belong to the tea party, how low can you go to do something like this and to great dancers who worked really hard.
Sorry but 1st rule of navigating this world successfully; LIFE IS UNFAIR.

And you premise is superemely flawed anyway. The DWTS TV show is based on 1)Judges score 2)Viewer votes. This is how it has been done from the beginning. What should it change now? Pointedly it should not.

Do you think Cloris Leachman should have stayed for as long as she did? Of course not! She caused much better dancers to go before her. Do you really think the 16 year old gymnast Shawn Johnson should have WON DWTS her season when there were clearly superior dancers?
Please it is an entertainment show!

Old 11-17-2010, 05:42 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
You mean MSNBC.......................................
Either one actually. The only thing you can relate either to, is each other.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:43 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,019,000 times
OMG! A contestant who stays in based on popularity and not skill?? On DWTS?? Alert the media, fast...cuz this has never, ever happened before, right? Not on a show that relies on, let's see..oh that's right. Viewer popularity.

Good grief people, get a clue. Or better yet, suck it up and deal with the fact that Palin IS more popular than you'd like to admit. And Bristol seems like a charming young lady. The most talented? Nope. But again...when has DWTS ever been about pure talent?

Old 11-17-2010, 06:18 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Not the most talented, but by all measures, she has improved throughout the competition, which is admirable.

The PDS haters will never give up. Whatever they have to do to get to Palin, they will do, whether they have to go through her oldest daughter or her youngest DS baby.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:30 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post

Please remember to vote next week regardless if you watch it or not and vote for the best dancer not because of who her mother is.

See the mental mindset here?

Old 11-17-2010, 06:34 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,733,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
What makes you think a give a hoot?

The show should be based on talent. I could care less about a nasty little girl.
What makes Bristol a "nasty little girl?" The fact that her mother is Sarah Palin? News flash: you can't choose your parents. Or is it because she is an unwed mother? By that criterion there are millions upon millions of "nasty little girls" out there. Would it have been better for you if she had aborted her baby?

And as for the show being based on talent it is my impression from what little I've seen of the show over the several years it's been in production that politics and personalities do play a part in the public's voting. Some contestants come to the show with a fan base. Donnie and Marie Osmond come to mind.

As for Bristol, I don't know how talented she is. I did see a snippet of her dance last night. She did ok, I guess. I'm no judge of dancing not having even a modicum of rhythm in my entire body. But apparently the professional judges thought enough of her dance to award her and her partner three 9's. I guess that's pretty good.

One last point. You seem to think that the choice was between Bristol and Brandy. But if you listened carefully the relative scores achieved by each couple could not be determined based upon how it was announced who got to stay and compete the following week except, of course, Brandy clearly came in fourth in the scoring. However Bristol could have scored first, second or third and that applies to the other two couples who will be returning to compete next week. We simply don't know.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:45 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abooker1 View Post
oh so you have proof that the tea party and republicans voted for her ALL NIGHT? that is strange. i didn't vote for her and i would be considered a tea party/republican supporter. you guys need a life.
Really? We need to get Life? We are not bombarding the internet telling people how to cheat the voting system.

Democratic Underground - How Tea Party's "Operation Bristol" is Cheating The DWTS Voting System - Democratic Underground

This article explains just how they are cheating.

Some political party, spending their time telling their supporters HOW TO CHEAT on a dance show!

Shouldn't they be putting their time and thought into how to improve the economy, etc. ?

In one of my very first posts about Brsitol, I said I hoped her mother wouldn't turn this into a political opportunity..........guess I was pretty naive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies