Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How does your religion or lack thereof affect your politics?
I'm religious and it has a great affect on my political views. 7 12.50%
I'm religious and it has a moderate affect on my political views. 5 8.93%
I'm religious and it has little or no affect on my political views. 7 12.50%
I'm not religious and it has a great affect on my political views. 8 14.29%
I'm not religious and it has a moderate affect on my political views. 4 7.14%
I'm not religious and it has little or no affect on my political views. 25 44.64%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 09:47 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,216,690 times

Advertisements

Why the "left" is not "right"...

Voluntary charity is a blessing.
Compulsory charity is a curse.

A man who wants to share his own wealth is admirable.
A man who wants to share your wealth is despicable.

"No one should suffer because they lack {fill in the blank}" should be prefaced with "No one should be compelled to labor for the benefit of another, so that..." because slavery is not an acceptable solution to the ills of mankind.

And last but not least, the reason why the "Left" hates religion:
"Thou Shalt Not Steal!"
{Even if the government is doing it for you....}
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2010, 10:55 AM

956 posts, read 1,114,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Why the "left" is not "right"...
Cool story bro...

Old 11-22-2010, 12:44 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,229,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
You are not in a position to judge ME. You don't know me.
I'm ok with that.

Quote:
Failed to acknowledge what problems? The problem that comes from too many irresponsible people making babies they can't care for? The problem that many of them choose to keep the baby and raise them in a hell hole? The problem that many of them refuse to practice safe sex and could have avoided getting pregnant to begin with? The problem of using drugs during pregnancy and allowing a step-father to abuse sexually abuse his step-daughter?
The problem is what is on the table. There are things that can be controlled and things that cannot be controlled. So, playing the people should game is a waste of time. Dealing with the problems that are present and trying to prevent new ones from occuring.

Quote:
Do you know what all is involved in a home study? Do you know that any criminal record whatsoever could end the home study right then and there, even when the person was a minor (they demand full disclosure and run background checks, so even if your record is supposedly sealed, they can still find it...and if you lie, you're automatically turned down)?
And you should be automatically turned down.

Quote:
Do you know that if you work too many hours, they think you won't have enough time for a kid?
And most often you won't.

Quote:
If you have any skeletons in your closet whatsoever or if you balk at answering highly personal questions, they can give a bad recommendation?
Yes, its called hostility and how you answer depends on how much growth has occurred from any given situation and how much you have adjusted. And this is how it should be.

Quote:
Did you know that if you can't pass a psych eval with flying colors, they can pass on your application?
As it should be.

Quote:
Did you know that if a birth mother doesn't like the looks of your picture or profile, she can pass on you, even if you get through agency approval and the home study?
Yep, and many are trying to decide if they are making the best decision.

Quote:
Did you know that if you have any history of marriage problems, an agency may not approve you to even get to the home study?
It depends on the problems, the length of time, and the outcome. As it should be.

Quote:
Again, none of this has to do with religion or politics. Please move on.
Hahahaha. You just don't like what your hearing. It isn't pleasant. You talk a lot about responsibility as long as it is somebody else.

Old 11-22-2010, 12:47 PM

Hey, you forgot one ^^^^

Old 11-22-2010, 01:14 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,114,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
I'm ok with that.

The problem is what is on the table. There are things that can be controlled and things that cannot be controlled. So, playing the people should game is a waste of time. Dealing with the problems that are present and trying to prevent new ones from occuring.

And you should be automatically turned down.

And most often you won't.

Yes, its called hostility and how you answer depends on how much growth has occurred from any given situation and how much you have adjusted. And this is how it should be.

As it should be.

Yep, and many are trying to decide if they are making the best decision.

It depends on the problems, the length of time, and the outcome. As it should be.

Hahahaha. You just don't like what your hearing. It isn't pleasant. You talk a lot about responsibility as long as it is somebody else.
I'm still waiting on your 2% citation. Obviously, as I have pointed out, and you have acknowledged, the adoption process is not as easy as you want to make it out to be. It's not for a lack of trying on the prospective parents' part.

Hahahahahah right back at ya.

The responsibility lies with the birth parents to not create a child that they have no means to take care of. We wouldn't have thousands of kids with no homes if people could keep it in their pants. THAT is a value that Christians believe.

And that is the bottom line here. You are not adding to this and as you can see, posts are being deleted for being off topic. I am asking you to move on.

Old 11-22-2010, 01:43 PM

565 posts, read 486,114 times
Quote:
The responsibility lies with the birth parents to not create a child that they have no means to take care of. We wouldn't have thousands of kids with no homes if people could keep it in their pants. THAT is a value that Christians believe.
And that is the bottom line here. You are not adding to this and as you can see, posts are being deleted for being off topic. I am asking you to move on.
I think most people will now agree with what you said about yourself.

"Today I am what most lefties consider the typical right-wing nut."

Old 11-22-2010, 02:01 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,114,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrjam View Post
I think most people will now agree with what you said about yourself.

"Today I am what most lefties consider the typical right-wing nut."
Exactly, b/c lefties have a huge problem with people taking personal responsibility and if someone comes on CD making sense, they automatically go into fingers-in-ears mode.

ETA: I say this b/c you quoted my statement about responsibility to call me a right wing nut.

Old 11-22-2010, 02:17 PM

565 posts, read 486,114 times
Quote:
Exactly, b/c lefties have a huge problem with people taking personal responsibility and if someone comes on CD making sense, they automatically go into fingers-in-ears mode.

ETA: I say this b/c you quoted my statement about responsibility to call me a right wing nut.

No, it is about the way you impose your opinion by telling the other poster to shut up.

Last edited by henrjam; 11-22-2010 at 02:30 PM..

Old 11-22-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
I'm still waiting on your 2% citation. Obviously, as I have pointed out, and you have acknowledged, the adoption process is not as easy as you want to make it out to be. It's not for a lack of trying on the prospective parents' part.

No. You don't.

That link was provided for you. That post has been deleted.

But, yeah, this isn't about staying on topic. This is about anyone who disagrees with you.

Old 11-22-2010, 05:02 PM

956 posts, read 1,114,667 times
Quote:

Saying that lefties have a huge problem with people taking personal responsibility holds no substance and is a rather shallow insult. What makes sense to you, may contradict the views accepted by others and you must respect that. This whole thread has been you whining with people who hold opposing views to yours, and the premise of your points is that everything you say is true. Kinda like a narcissistic commentator, and a bad one at that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies