Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Gay couples having children
Yes - it is all about the love a child is given, not the sex of the parents 158 74.53%
No - we are meant to have a male and a female bring us up 54 25.47%
Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 09:18 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,865,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anberlin View Post
Because I am raised in a Christian home and am now on my own journey with God (although it is not good atm), I will most likely to raise a home with Christian doctrine and faith as well. If my 17 year old came out, I would definitely be heartbroken. I think my struggle with this issue is how to not overlook or condemn but talk to them and share the love of Jesus with him/her in a more understanding way of how God work for the good of those who love him (for the sake of argument let's say they're involve with church, loves Jesus, etc). If they're not involve with church, etc., then I still the opportunity to love and share the Goodnews to them. Not to codemn but to bring hope. If they choose to embrace this, then I can't do anything about but pray for them. If they choose to not embrace this and want to over come it, I'll help them as much as I can as their mother. It is my job, as their mother, to love and bring truth into their lives. All this talk sounds easy but I know it's definitely not going to be easy.
One can never overcome biology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2010, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
What are the chances your kids will be gay? Nill. So because of you and your partner's selfish desires (to raise a kid into a same sex parental household) the kid is going to have severe identity and self esteem and confidence issues.

Do whatever you want to in your own beds, but for the love of God don't drag innocent children into your perverted lifestyle.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:28 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,213,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
for the love of God don't drag innocent children into your perverted lifestyle.
Are you for real?

Old 11-25-2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
Are you for real?
VG you need to stop these serious threads and make one rife with sexual innuendos and talk about dildos and vibrators .

Old 11-25-2010, 09:38 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,213,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
VG you need to stop these serious threads and make one rife with sexual innuendos and talk about dildos and vibrators .
Honey if I could I would, TRUST ME!

Old 11-25-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
Honey if I could I would, TRUST ME!

OH you can you just have to talk in code .

Old 11-26-2010, 05:14 PM

1,318 posts, read 3,555,505 times
My cousin and her partner have 2 small boys, and I fully support their decision to start a family. I find nothing wrong with the way they are raising their kids. I don't think people should be denied the chance to have kids just because they are gay.

Old 11-27-2010, 07:47 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Romans and 1 Corinthians both mention homosexual conduct.
Not exactly. In the context of the 1st century, Paul's letter to the Romans was most likely referring to the gentile ritualistic sex practices used in worshipping fertility gods in the temples. This included same gender sex as well as opposite gender sex. However it can't logically refer to homosexuals - just heterosexuals who went against their normal sexuality in the process of idolatrous worship.
Paul and the Goddess religions.

As for 1 Corinthians 6 - Neither of the Greek words "malakos" and "arsenokoites" used by Paul mean "homosexuals". It was only in 1946 that a translator of the RSV version started a trend in using the word "homosexuals" in that verse. For many centruries, the verse was used to condemn masturbators (which was also a poor interpretation.) If Paul had meant "homosexuals" in this verse, why wouldn't he use one of the Greek words for homosexual of his time?

If you look at how the word "arsenokoites" was used in other texts, its rather obvious it couldn't have meant "homosexuals".

Arsenokoités and Malakos: Meanings and Consequences | CLGS

Old 11-27-2010, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Not exactly. In the context of the 1st century, Paul's letter to the Romans was most likely referring to the gentile ritualistic sex practices used in worshipping fertility gods in the temples. This included same gender sex as well as opposite gender sex. However it can't logically refer to homosexuals - just heterosexuals who went against their normal sexuality in the process of idolatrous worship.
Paul and the Goddess religions.

As for 1 Corinthians 6 - Neither of the Greek words "malakos" and "arsenokoites" used by Paul mean "homosexuals". It was only in 1946 that a translator of the RSV version started a trend in using the word "homosexuals" in that verse. For many centruries, the verse was used to condemn masturbators (which was also a poor interpretation.) If Paul had meant "homosexuals" in this verse, why wouldn't he use one of the Greek words for homosexual of his time?

If you look at how the word "arsenokoites" was used in other texts, its rather obvious it couldn't have meant "homosexuals".

Arsenokoités and Malakos: Meanings and Consequences | CLGS
I don't know about that Jaymax daniel b. wallace is one of the foremost experts in the world on koine greek and he says it does mean homosexual.

False Translation of the word "homosexual" - 1 Cor 6:9 - Page 13 - Christian Forums

Old 11-27-2010, 07:58 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
I'd like to know what it is about being raised by a male and female that's so important. Is it because of the behavioral traits usually found in each gender? I've often noticed in gay relationships that one person usually seems more... dominant/masculine than the other. Much like how USUALLY/GENERALLY, in a heterosexual relationship, the man is more dominant/in charge than the woman.

Given that admittedly small and anecdotal observation, what difference do the anatomies of the parents make?
Interestingly, I've read some studies that have found that gay and lesbian relationships tend to much more equal in power than heterosexual relationships and things like household chores are more equally shared. Heterosexual relationships often have a power imbalance because of gender roles.

http://www.peplaulab.ucla.edu/Publications.html (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies