Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 10:15 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,174,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Oh, and what you don't realize, there is a whole network out there you don't even know about. I won't cite the websites here, but trust me, these people are hooked up and I've been privy to a lot you have not.
Wow, arent you special, I mean having access to a website.. Let me guess, you are also unemployed, and you guys all decided to spread this news story around all of the web forums to try to gain sympathy.. Remind me again when the 99 weeks expire because I bet its pretty soon and you guys are all crying you need yet another extension.

Havent you heard.. Obama is president, he created millions upon millions of jobs..

Old 11-28-2010, 10:16 PM

5,546 posts, read 10,007,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
People commit suicide every day, for any number of reasons. One has to have some existing mental instability to do that. For this person, if it hadn't been his government check running out, it would probably have been something else.

Now before you go off on some rant about how horrible of a person I am or that I don't care about anyone, you might want to consider that one of my best friends took his own life when I was in my early 20s. I've personally suffered through the tragedy of losing a loved one to suicide.
Well, join the club. I have known of others as well.

What none of you seem to "get" (god, americans can be so dense) is that when there is no money coming in, and you are hungry and homeless and no one will give you work, things look pretty hopeless.

These people didn't go through the Great Depression. You cannot expect them to cope like those who did.

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-29-2010 at 11:45 AM.. Reason: rude/personal

Old 11-28-2010, 10:16 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,477,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post

Be ashamed of yourselves.
Asking that would be quite a stretch really, I doubt they have it in them.

Old 11-28-2010, 10:17 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,117,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Wow, arent you special, I mean having access to a website.. Let me guess, you are also unemployed, and you guys all decided to spread this news story around all of the web forums to try to gain sympathy.. Remind me again when the 99 weeks expire because I bet its pretty soon and you guys are all crying you need yet another extension.

Havent you heard.. Obama is president, he created millions upon millions of jobs..
If I were some of the folks on this forum I'd be looking over my shoulder because, even if they don't want to believe it, karma is a #$%%* and whistling past the graveyard doesn't keep you safe.

Old 11-28-2010, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockUnderMyKilt View Post
A truly sad story. The only thing sadder than wasted potential is forfeited hope.

Personally, I think the greatest crime here is that we live in a country where tens of thousands of dollars are spent repeatedly trying to rehabilitate meth junkies yet not enough can be found to help a working person back into work.
And, BTW, why does it take a guy from SCOTLAND to demonstrate the most compassion in this thread? Americans have truly become a heartless people.

Old 11-28-2010, 10:20 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,477,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
If I were some of the folks on this forum I'd be looking over my shoulder because, even if they don't want to believe it, karma is a #$%%* and whistling past the graveyard doesn't keep you safe.
I'd imagine that their behavior is the punishment, nobody could act in such a way void of humanity and compassion, and be happy. In other words, bad karma has given them quite a wallop already.

78,863 posts, read 46,690,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
I am just sitting here with tears streaming down my face. This is the SECOND suicide since end of July I've had to read about. I am sure there are many more. If this is not the appropriate forum in which to post, please move...

A tragic Thanksgiving letter from one valiant 99er who gives up hope - Rochester Unemployment | Examiner.com

I am just so incredibly sad and ANGRY with anyone who would say these poor people don't need help. ********** country and ********** government and screw capitalism!

Yes, there are those that lived a pampered life, that have never been taught how to deal with failure. The "there are no losers" mentality strikes again.

Big Ego's, in a weak character, can lead to the cowards way of dealing with it. All they were think about, as usual, was themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
As I watch the evil cabal of politicians and corporate robbers playing games with the lives of the American people I keep hearing a specific line of an old Bob Dylan song....The Masters of War.....going around in my head. I wonder if anyone can guess which one. These evil, evil people will surely have to pay, in this life and/or the next, for all the blood on their hands.
My guess is this life. And read some of the comments in this thread! You don't need to go to politicians or Wall Street. There are enough average Joes in this thread to convince you of evil!

Old 11-28-2010, 10:23 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,211,463 times
What is going on is the demonization of the unemployed. It directs blame to the victims rather than the people who caused the problem. Reading through some of the insensitive comments, it apparently is working.

Old 11-28-2010, 10:26 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,279,663 times
Uh, wait for it....Ok, I am done. Better him then me. Guess what, I am breathing good ole oxygen and he isn't. I'll be sleeping fine tonight and him? Depending on his religion and all, oh well.

Life isn't fair and equal. If this moron cannot handle life, its his problem, not mine or ours. If he whacked himself, he had far more problems then you and I could imagine. Good riddance, to bad rubbish...

Breathing air is good...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies