Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2010, 09:25 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
Because at that point the Democrats will push to make those jobs permanent, even if we don't need those jobs on the government payroll or can't afford to pay them. And those people will then unionize and demand the same benefits every other government worker gets (subsidized health care, pension plans, higher salaries than private sector counterparts in many areas, etc.).
And Bush's war in Iraq and Afghanistan isn't costing a cent and no money is wasted......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 09:26 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ahh, federal government borrows from society as well.. Social Security for example, us treasuries, bonds, devaluing the dollar which costs all of us money.. And even the money borrowed from the Chinese costs you money because it allows them to sell products cheaper than americans can, which puts americans out of work.. The fact that you think we live in a bubble isnt my fault but thanks for the humor.
All of which is not caused by the pittance given to unemployment...

Quote:
You didnt answer my question. Replace it by what?
This nation is meant to be a group of states with an incredibly weak central government....that is what it should be.

But we have so many lovers of the state that demand to be controlled.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:28 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,112,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I'm sure that the people in Ocala that have no place to go to be warm tonight will be comforted by the fact that you didnt have to get a real job while you lived here.
Do you mind if I share this tomorrow with the director of the Women's Outreach, where I volunteer?
I am sure she will take great comfort in you singular story of success.
Oh, and thanks for calling us all moronic rednecks, I forwarded your sneers to a lot of folks, they say "right back atcha!"
As long as you feel morally superior to somebody, even the homeless, I guess that makes you feel special.
Whatever.
You "forwarded" my "sneers"? That's kind of creepy. I said it for the 4.5 years I lived in Ocala and I will continue to say it...the vast majority of the people there are moronic rednecks. I don't know you so I can't say that about you, but most of the folks I came into contact with are definitely a few crayons short of a box, with a redneck twang to boot.

I'm not superior to anyone, but I do feel proud that I work and earn my keep. Writing and making almost $3k in one month from it IS a real job, last time I checked. I made money for what I did, and that's pretty much what a job is. If it's not real in your eyes, well, tell that to my mortgage lender, the banks that hold our car loans, Family Pool, Spa and Billiards where we bought our pool table, Walmart, where we got our 47" flatscreen and Wii, and Blockers, where we got our furniture, not to mention all the places I spent money at to purchase winter clothing for our move.

I'm not a singular success story. You say the UE rate in Marion County is 14%, which means 86% of folks there are also success stories, as you like to call them.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:28 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Never once said EVERYONE. You know that.

The problem is, it is simple, or at least it's as simple as one makes it. People just don't feel like working in many cases.
You are making it simple in your mind, but it's not as simple as you think. There's age discrimination, which, if you don't think it exists, you're not very old. There's the problem of spouses, some of whom have jobs. That makes it very foolish in some cases to up and move. ETC!!!

Old 12-09-2010, 09:29 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
All of which is not caused by the pittance given to unemployment...
Unemployment compensation next year is expected to cost over $100B, or 1/10th of the national debt. Dont pretend they dont help contribute to the national deficits thereby increasing the need to borrow
Quote:
This nation is meant to be a group of states with an incredibly weak central government....that is what it should be.

But we have so many lovers of the state that demand to be controlled.
And if you think I love the way it is now, you clearly have not read enough of my postings.. The irony is you keep asking for more federal governmental control (such as more unemployment) and then in the next posting you criticize this. Do you not even know where you stand on the issues?

Old 12-09-2010, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Dont put words in my mouth. The other poster ADMITS they lived off it for 10 months while they enjoyed life.. you defended this...
As has been already stated,nowhere does it state that while on Unemployment you must be miserable...as long as you follow the rules put in place you are good...

Funny that the guy did what people demanded,he relocated....

Old 12-09-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
i said it for the 4.5 years i lived in ocala and i will continue to say it...the vast majority of the people there are moronic rednecks. I don't know you so i can't say that about you, but most of the folks i came into contact with are definitely a few crayons short of a box, with a redneck twang to boot.

i'm not superior to anyone,
lol.....

Old 12-09-2010, 09:32 PM

12 posts, read 10,855 times
Quote:
U-6 unemployment is around 15% I believe,I try and use it rather than the fable that is the official figure....
Is that the one which includes the poor and forgotten "underemployed"? All those real estate agents and mortgage brokers who actually got jobs and are cheesed off that taking advantage of the gullible isn't available for them to make a 6 figure income off of anymore? Yeah...I feel bad for them as well....but underemployed ain't unemployed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz
But that still makes it a risky proposition to go into debt for an uncertain employment future....but life is risk.
Who has to go into debt? State colleges in SC suck so badly you can't pay for them the good ol' American way...working full time while going to school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz
Also,not everyone is college material,no matter what the dumbasses in charge think...we have millions of ditch diggers,just no ditches....
Of course not everyone is college material. And maybe if we paid UE benefits to people who we then required to dig ditches, not only could we have a bunch of new ditches nearly free (we would have paid the benefits anyway, right?) but we could bet that not nearly as many people would be standing around 2 years after they began collecting UE, right? Once they discover they have to WORK for the money, I'm guessing they'll go out and find their OWN job, rather than the ditch digging required of them!

Old 12-09-2010, 09:33 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,587,033 times
The rampant abuse wouldnt' bother me so much....if it weren't for the fact that the abusers are the same people who are saying "Well, you make more than 250,000 a year, so your taxes should go up to pay for these benefits and other entitlement programs that I abuse!"

Someone a few pages back said why should I care, because the US is just borrowing the money and my taxes aren't going up. That's not true at all. My taxes at some point will go up, and guess what? When the bill finally comes for all this spending, who do you think the people are going to turn to to pay it off? People like me.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Unemployment compensation next year is expected to cost over $100B, or 1/10th of the national debt. Dont pretend they dont help contribute to the national deficits thereby increasing the need to borrow
The F-35 costs just under $100 million each,the plan is to buy over 2400 of them.
You were talking about spending money???

Quote:
And if you think I love the way it is now, you clearly have not read enough of my postings.. The irony is you keep asking for more federal governmental control (such as more unemployment) and then in the next posting you criticize this. Do you not even know where you stand on the issues?
No....I say who cares about unemployment,it is a pittance compared to the money spent elsewhere...and it at least is going to Americans.

If I had my government,there would be NO federal programs like this at all,or any income tax....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies