Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2010, 07:21 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Yes, I said many on welfare do drugs and many open their legs. That is often a big reason why people are on welfare.

Wow, so you're tracking all my posts now? Kinda creepy. No, I do not want family repercussions, as I stated before, it's the gov't's job to be able to catch people who defraud the system. That is part of why the system is so screwed up, they're not doing their job.

I am a Christian. What does me wanting people to try to do for themselves have to do with that? Since you have been tracking my posts, you would know that I do support welfare temporarily for people who need it, and that I also think the church should handle charity and get the gov't out of it. How Christian-like.

What you define as hate is probably passion. I am passionate about this topic, b/c I have seen firsthand how it ruins families and how it ruins children's lives before they can even get started. As I have said numerous times, I hate no one. You should know that, you are tracking all my posts.

That is your right to state your opinion. I disagree, which is my right. Taking away their children and giving the kids a good life in someone else's home is better not only for the children, but for the taxpayer.

I know nothing of state programs aside from Florida. I was referring to FL in my previous post. We looked into becoming foster parents, I have done volunteer work with child welfare agencies, and my dad works for the state, so I am just a tiny bit familiar with things of that nature.

Who attacked you? I believe you were the one doing the attacking, stating that everyone who feels no sympathy for the poor not holding up their end of the bargain is a hater. I simply turned the tables so you can see how it feels to be told that you hate someone all the time. Doesn't feel too good, does it? Your entire post is evidence of that. And most of it is off topic and a personal attack on me.
Lets get one thing straight.
I AM NOT TRACKING YOUR POSTS> It is very hard to not remember those who post on every single thread concerning the unemployed or poor.

Taking away the children? really Andrea?
I can't believe that you refuse to believe or except the fact that YOU do have a problem with the poor & unemployed in general.
No sense in trying to make any point with someone as close minded as yourself. Your a fence jumper when it suits you & I have read this many times in your posts. I know every single poster who has posted nasty statements against the poor. That is what is I find creepy.

Give these people some job training & transistion classes but, taking away an entire generation of children is not only much to costly but, morally wrong.
Where would it stop? Take away the kids then of those who smoke pot? cigarettes? those who lose their jobs?
There are currently about 42 million people collecting food stamps or other benefits & I bet most are shocked to find the attitude of fellow Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2010, 07:36 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Give these people some job training & transistion classes but, taking away an entire generation of children is not only much to costly but, morally wrong.
Read the article. They were in programs that offered what you say. Do you think these people are not given opportunities to turn themselves around ?
5-7 years later..nothing is changed.

Now what do you propose ? They did not do the training offered.
You keep posting that they need training. Well here you go..they didn't do it after 5-7 years.

Now what do you say ?

Education | Community of Hope
"Community of Hope provides a variety of educational opportunities for the people we serve. In our housing programs, this includes weekly life skills classes focusing on topics including parenting, budgeting, and accessing community resources. In our health clinic, patients with diabetes learn how to better manage their disease. Case Managers also refer clients to partner organizations for job training and education programs. "

Old 12-23-2010, 07:41 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Quote:
I AM NOT TRACKING YOUR POSTS> It is very hard to not remember those who post on every single thread concerning the unemployed or poor.

I can't believe that you refuse to believe or except the fact that YOU do have a problem with the poor & unemployed in general.
No sense in trying to make any point with someone as close minded as yourself. Your a fence jumper when it suits you & I have read this many times in your posts. I know every single poster who has posted nasty statements against the poor. That is what is I find creepy.

Where would it stop? Take away the kids then of those who smoke pot? cigarettes? those who lose their jobs?
There are currently about 42 million people collecting food stamps or other benefits & I bet most are shocked to find the attitude of fellow Americans.
I don't see any nasty posts about the poor. There are many poor people out there, those who have lost their jobs, the working poor..take a ride through the West Va mountains or coal country in Kentucky you want to see dirt poor

This thread is about those poor who REFUSE to help themselves and stand there for over SEVEN years with their hand out on the dole..and continue to breed like a freakin rabbit....those types of poor are despicable and deserve NO sympathy

Old 12-23-2010, 07:42 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
These "generational" welfare recipients are the laziest of the lazy, have been raised believing they are owed something and the government will provide for their every need. They don't want to go out and work for a living, they'd rather get all the free stuff that others provide.

Gosh, their "demands" and entitlement are truly sickening.

Old 12-23-2010, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Read the article. They were in programs that offered what you say. Do you think these people are not given opportunities to turn themselves around ?
5-7 years later..nothing is changed.

Now what do you propose ? They did not do the training offered.
You keep posting that they need training. Well here you go..they didn't do it after 5-7 years.

Now what do you say ?

Education | Community of Hope
"Community of Hope provides a variety of educational opportunities for the people we serve. In our housing programs, this includes weekly life skills classes focusing on topics including parenting, budgeting, and accessing community resources. In our health clinic, patients with diabetes learn how to better manage their disease. Case Managers also refer clients to partner organizations for job training and education programs. "
Recipients need to be given "take the classes or no more benefits" ultimatum. No more free housing "you have x amount of months to find yourself housing if you do not participate".

Old 12-23-2010, 07:54 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
What is TNAF?
Temporary Assistance for Needy Families. It has a lifetime limit of five years and has the most stringent criteria of all the different forms of welfare. This is a welfare check. The only person I know who is on it gets $400/week, which she in turn spends on beer, computer games and God knows what else. All I know is the bills and rent are not getting paid b/c she runs out of money...I honestly do not know what she could be spending that much money on, unless it's the game (cheap beer doesn't cost THAT much). She has food stamps and Medicaid right now also. Just goes to show that even though it is a stringent program, it can still be defrauded.

Old 12-23-2010, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
I don't see any nasty posts about the poor. There are many poor people out there, those who have lost their jobs, the working poor..take a ride through the West Va mountains or coal country in Kentucky you want to see dirt poor

This thread is about those poor who REFUSE to help themselves and stand there for over SEVEN years with their hand out on the dole..and continue to breed like a freakin rabbit....those types of poor are despicable and deserve NO sympathy
Obviously you do not read through the different threads concerning the poor or those who collect UE benefits,etc.
We have a few posters who get on every thread & post awful statements about the poor.
I do not advocate for sympathy for those who choose to stay in this lifestyle. I just do not agree that ALL the poor make this a choice as has been suggested by some.
I will always have sympathy for the children who were unfortunate to be born into a lifestyle of poverty. It has become generational & the only way to undue this is through forced via ultimatums.
Some of these parents have also been born into this lifestyle & do not know any other way.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:06 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Recipients need to be given "take the classes or no more benefits" ultimatum. No more free housing "you have x amount of months to find yourself housing if you do not participate".
That's not how it works. 7 years or more have gone by.
Time to wean them off. The article states they will be weaned off..40% cuts and then in 2014 the 5 year max is absolute.
Time to deal with reality and the rules that are in effect today.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:11 AM

Quote:

I agree, it's creepy that you know every single poster who has posted "nasty" statement against the poor. If you're not poor, why does it offend you so much?

I argue that it is morally wrong to allow them to stay with irresponsible parents.

You take the children away from parents who will not provide for them properly. You know that welfare mama with five kids can't possibly be doing right by them. That is a travesty.

I am not closed-minded on this topic. I just have yet to see anyone provided any evidence as to why I shouldn't hold the views I hold.

If the people are shocked, they are part of the problem. The feeling of entitlement has got to stop. You take a hand up when you need it and then get back on your feet. Living your life on the dole is wrong and I find THAT attitude shocking.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:13 AM

Quote:
That's part of what the article is about. The one woman has done nothing and she is getting kicked off. The other women admittedly have little motivation to get a job. They are also getting kicked off. They are all getting kicked off b/c they have been on welfare far too long. There is nothing wrong with that, and from what I understand, you agree it should be temporary, correct? So what's the problem here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies