Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2010, 07:32 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,114,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Do you have any idea what kind of monsters run foster homes for the money the kid brings in? Real monsters and far too many of them.
What are you talking about? There really are not "foster homes" anymore, and the vast majority are not run by "monsters." There is extensive state-sponsored training a person goes through to prepare for this. They do get a stipend, yes. Most foster parents live in their own homes and have kids of their own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 07:35 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,234,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
I think it's about the outrage of people toward the welfare mother, yet no outrage over the war we can't afford to be fighting.
TOTALLY OT. Everyone is enraged about the war too but this thread isn't about that. Even if our country had no debt and all the money we could possibly want, having a large number of people exist on government handouts it a bad idea. That kind of thing should be reserved ONLY for those who are physically or mentally unable to care for themselves. Not heathly, childbearing, adults. We need to stop allowing people to be stupid by cutting off the supply of money. Over time people will adapt and either crawl out of the gutter or die off. We win either way.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:40 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
TOTALLY OT. Everyone is enraged about the war too but this thread isn't about that. Even if our country had no debt and all the money we could possibly want, having a large number of people exist on government handouts it a bad idea. That kind of thing should be reserved ONLY for those who are physically or mentally unable to care for themselves. Not heathly, childbearing, adults.
My post was in response to THIS post: (No. 10).

//www.city-data.com/forum/17096249-post10.html

Old 12-22-2010, 07:40 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,114,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
When people stay on welfare for a long time they get 'stuck'. I have seen it & it does become a lifestyle.
We should train these people so the transition is easier for the children.

To the poster who said some don't 'hate' the poor I say, just read through some of the threads on the poor & the comments. Hell we now even have a thread started to discuss whether those who collect food stamps should buy people food to feed their pets.

Tough love shouldn't harm those litters of children you speak of.
The ignorance of those who have stated "take the children away or put them in foster care" is astounding.
Who pays for that? Are you OK with your taxes going up to pay it? not to mention what the long term damage would be to the children to just instantly separate them from their parent.

Dont tell me SOME aren't just filled with hate for the poor.
Nobody here hates anyone else, not that I've seen. Perhaps you are projecting your own hatred and intolerance of people with opposing opinions on others?

Trust a liberal to shout about hatred anytime there is a thread stating the poor need to not be on the rolls for life. To me, it's common sense to not offer welfare for a lifetime.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:42 PM

9,008 posts, read 13,846,004 times
Give all the jobs held by illegal immigrants to former welfare recipients. Guess what,problem solved.end of discussion

Old 12-22-2010, 07:42 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,234,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Just going to add my two cents. I would like to know what jobs do you guys suggest if we have college grads scrambling for jobs at mcdonalds? To cut someone off welfare in this economy is stupid.

Maybe an illegal immigrant took a job she could have had?

Did anyone stop to think for a momemt that if we had universal healthcare no one would care about working at Mcdonalds?
This is a completely different beast. Although very worth of discussion not in the same league as generational welfare.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:45 PM

9,008 posts, read 13,846,004 times
Maybe bring the jobs back from China and India,another good start.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:49 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Nobody here hates anyone else, not that I've seen. Perhaps you are projecting your own hatred and intolerance of people with opposing opinions on others?

Trust a liberal to shout about hatred anytime there is a thread stating the poor need to not be on the rolls for life. To me, it's common sense to not offer welfare for a lifetime.
Since when does 5 years = LIFETIME?

I've not seen any "hate" in sindey's posts. Where do you get that projection stuff from? I think that you'd have to analyze every post made by a person on this board in order to come up with any truth to such a statement as "hatred and intolerance" for people with "opposing opinions"........I mean, how can you generalize like that if you haven't read every post made by an individual?

Old 12-22-2010, 07:55 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,243,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Whoooaaah! Hold on there Chairman Mao. Who the heck are you to criticize this woman's choice to have as many kids as she desires? How dare you!!!!! She actually adressses that in the video.....
And how dare this parasite spit out a multitude of children and expect working people to pay for them? The opinion of a parasitic leech as to why she should breed like a barnyard cat and send the bill to the taxpayer is about the level Bernie Madoff spouting why he should continue his criminal scam. She has NO right to breed children and apply for taxpayer money pay for them. She is doing something beyond selfish and irresponsible and actually criminal. It is a theft scam, pure and simple.

Breeding more children in a world where the labor market has been saturated and bloated for almost 50 years is insane, and detrimental to everyone. It is criminal to steal directly, and it would be criminal to produce kids you can't afford and then apply for public aid to pay for them, except our government wants the working class struggling to survive while paying for every parasite that presents itself. It should be criminal for our elected officials to set up programs that allow crooks like this to steal money from taxpayers. We had religion and charity for that, but our politicians want government to control and oversee every activity in our nation, and so would leave no room for people to be able to donate their own earned money to charity. Politicians want to confiscate it all, and then give away our money however it serves their own power needs best. They want to rule the world by micro-managing every breath we take.

The day of reckoning is coming, since the taxpayer can no longer afford to support an army of leeches and parasites, as well as the corrupt political multitudes.

Children have not been a resource or an investment since the agrarian economy ended. They are now the world's most expensive luxury purchase, costing probably over a million dollars by the time all the taxpayer subsidies are added up. The taxpayer in a doomed and fast-failing economy simply cannot afford for those who can't even feed themselves to be collecting ultra-expensive luxuries by the carload and sending the bill to us.

At some point the government house of cards, the leveraging of tax dollars, the incredible borrowing and printing monopoly dollars, must fail. I wonder what we'll do when the millions of inner city residents come flowing out, looking for food and the spoils of war? At that point maybe we'll regret paying the women among them to maximize their numbers.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:56 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,743,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post

This from the person who said people on welfare do drugs & the woman open their legs.
I distinctly remember you saying this on another thread about the poor.

You remember don't you? the one where you stated you have a family member who abuses the system & you just couldn't do anything about it because YOU didn't want family repercussions. On a different thread you spoke of how you are a Christian.
How Christian-like of you.

I welcome the opinions of others & sometimes will even change some of my views because I get a different opinion that is more factual & makes more sense to me but, I also can also recognize those filled with hate.
Deny it all you want but, all someone has to do is read all of your posts & those of other 'regulars' to see.

Not once did you ever hear me say I thought it a good idea to be on welfare for life. I have stated many times we need to train these people who get into a specific mindset & get "stuck".
Taking away their children is NOT a good idea.

BTW you don't know what you are talking about as far as some states & their foster programs. There are different programs in different states.

Andrea I am NOT a hater of anything or anybody, but, I don't just lie down when attacked either.

Last edited by sindey; 12-22-2010 at 08:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies