Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2011, 02:40 PM

912 posts, read 827,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
Now you're trying to convince us that men only appreciate the passive, accommodating woman who expresses few or no opinions? This may come as a great shock to you, but most men only like to **** women like this, ya know, tie them up and do all kinds of demeaning things to them (no need for a gag since she uses her mouth only for smiling & um...other things ) ...they usually don't want to be with women like this for the long haul because they'd be bored out of their minds once the honeymoon phase was over.

It is really only misogynistic, controlling type men who prefer women remain in the roles of quiet, meek, and non-opinionated breeding machines. A woman can be strong, smart, AND feminine, we are multi-faceted , and chances are that even the quiet, complacent women you are attracted to have plenty of opinions and deep thoughts, they are just not going to express them to you for fear of being ridiculed, lectured and judged.
Theres no such thing as an attractive non-opinionated women to a real man. A real man needs a women with real values.
Because your analogy is in the gutter, so goes your philosophy

Old 01-02-2011, 02:43 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,586,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hue View Post
Theres no such thing as an attractive non-opinionated women to a real man. A real man needs a women with real values.
Because your analogy is in the gutter, so goes your philosophy
On the contrary, your good friend Mr. Smartypants has clearly stated that he is only attracted to women who are non-opinionated, or at the very least non-expressive of their opinions. AND he has implied that this is also the case for YOU and for men in general. Re-read his post if you must, it's all there.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:46 PM

3,429 posts, read 2,734,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylenwoof View Post
I would love to see you offer some scientific evidence or statistics to support this claim. (I don't think you can.) If you do look at actual data, you will find that you are completely wrong. Here is a page that offers abortion data: Abortion in Context: United States and Worldwide

And here are some interesting conclusions based on the data:

...while it may seem paradoxical, a country's abortion rate is not closely correlated with whether abortion is legal there. For example, abortion levels are quite high in Latin American countries, where abortion is highly restricted. (In fact, 20 million of the 46 million abortions performed annually worldwide occur in countries with highly restrictive abortion laws.) At the same time, abortion rates are quite low throughout Western Europe, where the procedure is legal and widely available. Also, Eastern and Western Europe have the world's highest and lowest abortion rates, respectively, yet abortion is generally legal throughout the Continent.
If legality is not the determining factor, what drives the rates at which abortions occur in a given country? Clearly, a key factor is the rate at which women experience unintended pregnancies—itself a function of the interplay between a couple's family-size (and timing) goals and their contraceptive use.
Abortion levels are high in countries where the desire for small families is strong but contraceptive use is low or ineffective. For example, in most of Eastern Europe and the former Soviet republics, where desired family size has been small for many years, modern contraceptive methods were not generally available until recently. As a result, women relied on abortion—which was legal, safe and easily accessible—to regulate births. However, as contraceptives have become much easier to obtain in recent years, the situation has begun to change rapidly, and abortion rates in some of these countries fell by as much as 50% between 1990 and 1996.
In sharp contrast, even in countries where abortion is legal and widely available, abortion rates are low if couples practice contraception effectively to limit or space births. In the Netherlands, for example, where abortion has been legal and widely accessible for many years, abortion and unintended pregnancy rates are low because of widespread contraceptive use.
Quote:
The explosion in unwanted births is the direct result of ubiquitous contraceptives, legalized infanticide and the psychological conditioning that made transient sex widespread and "cool".

Blue Hue says....Above is the quote you are addressing. He is saying the
abortion statistics have exploded due to the widespread attitude that.." sex is cool. casual, and availability to tools such as contraceptives ect."

You follow by arguing the role legalization plays. I don't think that is the point. He's arguing to a general degeneration to sexual morality.
That has been his well taken theme. He has been adamant in a suggestion that society pull up their socks in sexual recklessness
If you follow the link and look at the abortion rates listed by country, you will see that the Netherlands has the lowest abortion rate of all the countries on the list. Germany is second. I've been to the Netherlands and Germany. They are two of the most sexually liberal countries on the planet. So, if empirical data means anything, the implication might be that if you are genuinely trying to lower abortion rates, then the most efficient approach might be to encourage more sexually liberal attitudes. I'm sure this will seem paradoxical to you, but in addition to the empirical evidence, there are also a variety of good theoretical reasons to think that sexually liberal social attitudes can be beneficial, including lower abortion rates, less unwanted pregnancies, and lower rates of violent crime.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:47 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,547,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Who's saying that society is "good"?

Definitely not me.
Oh yeah. You're the one who doesn't appreciate Einstein's contribution to science and technology. I forgot that you are the one with the attitude that is so towards the world that I have to question your sanity.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:48 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
Oh yeah. You're the one who doesn't appreciate Einstein's contribution to science and technology. I forgot that you are the one with the attitude that is so towards the world that I have to question your sanity.
I don't appreciate it because it doesn't matter in the long run. I won't deny it, but it wouldn't have mattered if it had never happened.

The only person you can ever really trust? Is yourself.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
YOU are NOT responsible for women. You are responsible for yourself.

Women are adults and responsible for themselves. They are not children to be taken care of....maybe YOU get off on thinking you need to take care of the little dears but most women are quite capable of taking care of themselves....much as you might hate the thought..
Couldn't rep you again, but this post is right on !

This is what it really boils down to for the handful of nazi pro-lifers who continue to argue in this thread...to them, women are a man's responsibility
and indeed a man's property, her body belongs to him, and so all decisions pertaining to her body should be HIS.

Time for them to come out of the dark ages and realize that women are individual entities, we have just as much of a right to think and do for ourselves as any other creature on this planet...we are not mere extensions of man, and to treat us in that manner is condescending, ignorant, and backward.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:50 PM

912 posts, read 827,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
On the contrary, your good friend Mr. Smartypants has clearly stated that he is only attracted to women who are non-opinionated, or at the very least non-expressive of their opinions. AND he has implied that this is also the case for YOU and for men in general. Re-read his post if you must, it's all there.
I think he is very capable of derailing this aversion to interpretation.
Opinion in pro-choice would obviously be un-attractive, therefore a wishy washy attitude to wards issue would be un attractive.
That leaves an opinion to pro life. The word opinion can suggest , self interest in a stubborn manner.
No body likes stubborn rejection to common sense

Old 01-02-2011, 02:52 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,546,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylenwoof View Post
If you follow the link and look at the abortion rates listed by country, you will see that the Netherlands has the lowest abortion rate of all the countries on the list. Germany is second. I've been to the Netherlands and Germany. They are two of the most sexually liberal countries on the planet. So, if empirical data means anything, the implication might be that if you are genuinely trying to lower abortion rates, then the most efficient approach might be to encourage more sexually liberal attitudes. I'm sure this will seem paradoxical to you, but in addition to the empirical evidence, there are also a variety of good theoretical reasons to think that sexually liberal social attitudes can be beneficial, including lower abortion rates, less unwanted pregnancies, and lower rates of violent crime.
OMG! NO!!!!!!!!! Don't bring empirical data into it! That might ruin all the good clean self-righteous fun we're having in here today!

Old 01-02-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
I think he is very capable of derailing this aversion to interpretation.
Opinion in pro-choice would obviously be un-attractive, therefore a wishy washy attitude to wards issue would be un attractive.
That leaves an opinion to pro life. The word opinion can suggest , self interest in a stubborn manner.
No body likes stubborn rejection to common sense
Ah, I see now...as long as the woman agrees with the man's opinion he's okay with her voicing it loudly. It's only when she might disagree that she should remain quiet and passive...thanks for clearing that up for all of us !

Old 01-02-2011, 02:53 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
We have laws to protect them, but obviously we can't be there every minute to make sure they're treated well.

Unfortunately there are no laws to protect the unborn from cruelty.
If protecting the born is beyond the law then I don't how laws can protect the unborn.

Sometimes I think people worry over stuff like this because the things we can do something about are just too overwhelming. It's easier to whine about something that you can't actually do anything about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies