Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2011, 10:25 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,546,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
This means you'll provide proof of a god-thingy, doesn't it.
You know, there is no proof so until you can provide some, try logic and something better than a sky-daddy.
I loved George Carlin's god bit, but "sky-daddy" is wonderfully descriptive.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:28 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,547,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
You know what they say about those that protest too much

They could be women like these:

From a clinic director in a mid-western state: "One of the most remarkable cases was a woman who came [from another part of the state] and said she was the Right-to-Life president in her county. 'But,' she said, she 'had become pregnant and had to have an abortion.'"

"I've had several cases over the years in which the
anti-abortion patient had rationalized in one way or another that her case was the only exception, but the one that really made an impression was the college senior who was the president of her campus Right-to-Life organization, meaning that she had worked very hard in that organization for several years. As I was completing her procedure, I asked what she planned to do about her high office in the RTL organization. Her response was a wide-eyed, 'You're not going to tell them, are you!?' When assured that I was not, she breathed a sigh of relief, explaining how important that position was to her and how she wouldn't want this to interfere with it." (Physician, Texas)

From a counselor in Virginia: "[The patient] was disturbed and upset and insisted she couldn't carry the pregnancy to term. She opposed abortion -- and in fact had picketed this very clinic -- [but] felt the abortion was something she had to do."

For the first 'legal abortion day' I had scheduled five procedures. While scrubbing between cases, I was accosted by the Chief of the OB/Gyn service. He asked me, 'How many children are you going to kill today?' My response, out of anger, was a familiar vulgar retort. About three months later, this born-again Christian called me to explain that he was against abortion but his daughter was only a junior in high school and was too young to have a baby and he was also afraid that if she did have a baby she would not want to put it up for adoption. I told him he did not need to explain the situation to me. 'All I need to know', I said, 'is that SHE wants an abortion.' Two years later I performed a second abortion on her during her college break. She thanked me and pleaded, 'Please don't tell my dad, he is still anti-abortion.'" (Physician, Washington State)
That doesn't mean that you are right. It just means that we are all sinners.

And I'll expect an apology for you insulting some of my best female friends, who stand outside the largest Planned Parenthood facility in the US (which is in Houston, where I live, right by the University I graduated from) and pray for the children inside there and the women who feel no other solution is available to them.

EDIT: Oh! And I knew there were some fallacies in there.... Cherry picking and Overwhelming exception.

Last edited by smartalx; 01-02-2011 at 10:42 PM..

Old 01-02-2011, 10:28 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
I loved George Carlin's god bit, but "sky-daddy" is wonderfully descriptive.
I LOVED George Carlin.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:30 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,996,805 times
Default horrorshow of the degenerates

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
We can be punished financially. That's why I'd make sure to cause a miscarriage. I don't want kids ever.
It is ironic that the feminist movement and sexual revolution was supposed to make women more free and happy – but instead has made so many women so miserable. With vastly increased divorce, health problems, -contraception is proven to cause cancer- abortions and out of wedlock births, and the inability of so many to even marry in the first place, because the men aren’t interested. Since the baby has been identified as a parasite and something fit to be chopped up like insect it is okay to hurt the mother to cause a miscarriage. And women and girls are now more sexualized and objectified than ever before in history.

This is why it is best for women to embrace their natural role as the arbitrator of morality. This role protects themselves -and their babies - from the horrorshow that often ends in a baby chopped up like a salsa dip.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:30 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
That doesn't mean that you are right. It just means that we are all sinners.

And I'll expect an apology for you insulting some of my best female friends, who stand outside the largest Planned Parenthood facility in the US (which is in Houston, where I live, right by the University I graduated from) and pray for the children inside there and the women who feel no other solution is available to them.
You mean your friends that do not trust their own god to do the judging?

Old 01-02-2011, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
It is ironic that the feminist movement and sexual revolution was supposed to make women more free and happy – but instead has made so many women so miserable. With vastly increased divorce, health problems, -contraception is proven to cause cancer- abortions and out of wedlock births, and the inability of so many to even marry in the first place, because the men aren’t interested. Since the baby has been identified as a parasite and something fit to be chopped up like insect ti is okay to hurt the mother to cause a miscarriage. And women and girls are now more sexualized and objectified than ever before in history.

This is why it is best for women to embrace their natural role as the arbitrator of morality. This role protects themselves -and their babies - from the horrorshow that often ends in a baby chopped up like a salsa dip.
You sure do like that "chopped up baby" imagery.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Oh pollyrobin.........I wish I could give you thousands of reps.

This is SO TYPICAL of those that like to preach to others!

Reminds me of all of those "family values" politicians out there that get caught with their mistresses.
Ditto.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:33 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
It is ironic that the feminist movement and sexual revolution was supposed to make women more free and happy – but instead has made so many women so miserable.
Yes, while suffering from economic dependence, spousal abuse, marital rape, or the overall inability to assert their rights over their own bodies they were oh some much happier barefoot and pregnant. Right...

Old 01-02-2011, 10:34 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,996,805 times
Revolted by the horror actually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
You sure do like that "chopped up baby" imagery.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:34 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
This is a little strange to say.
The idea is to prevent a child from being born...and abortions cost far too much. Better living through chemistry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies